[Suggestion] Simple change to make 'Harasser' a fair and fun vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Nov 1, 2019.

1. karlooo

Visually the Harasser is clearly an improvised light fighting vehicle....It's basically a buggy with a gun attached to it.
    What makes this vehicle hated is because visually it's a light improvised fighting vehicle but in game it's an advanced light tank.
    This is a problem because it's size is too small and it's also too mobile, because of this it's harder to beat this buggy than an MBT for both ground and air.
    ____

A very simple rework to the Harasser and also a great start would be by removing the stabilizer on the mounted gun.
    Basically shooting accurately while in motion or through bumpy terrain will be near impossible at range and this will fix the Harasser problem (it will turn into a support vehicle) and also refresh the game with something new....From here you can do anything to the Harasser, giving it a whole new play style:

-New guns can be added and replace some, anything. For example a Quad M20 Basilisk, double mounted M12 Cobalt, Rapid firing rocket launcher....these crazy guns other vehicles cannot mount.
    • Up x 7
  2. Scroffel5

Very good thinking, karlooo. I like this.
  3. Towie

Although i'd agree in principle (hell i'd agree to anything to make the Harasser a less viable do-absolutely-everything vehicle) - something like this can have a dramatic effect on gun balance (no pun intended).

It would greatly favor the rapid firing guns where misses are frequent anyway - ok they'd miss more, but overall it wouldn't be the end of the world and the overall DPS still viable. Vulcan for example.

Now consider something like the Halberd - much longer firing cycle time where a miss is going to damage DPS more and make it less attractive. Mjolnir too, to a lesser extend.

Let's start with some more basic changes - like - buggy blows up if it runs over a Max ! (God I hate the way the Harasser has turned into a people-mowing-machine).
    • Up x 2
  4. ican'taim

Or just make it so it gets one-shotted by an AP shell. The fact that a buggy takes 5 tank rounds to kill is beyond me.
    • Up x 2
  5. Zizoubaba

I thought you were gona say, "increase its size", and I thought "that's genius, why did I not think of that??"

except as it happens, it's not what you were gona say, and I thought of it :)
  6. Exileant

:( That is just unreasonable.... o_O If a car hits a motorcycle, will the car blow up? No. :confused: Come on now.... The Harasser is an armored car, so heavy in fact it only manages to run around at 60 Miles an hour. A max is no more than a bike to them. Heck if a 4 wheeler ran over a person wearing the new (REAL) 200 pound exoskeleton suit under development, the bike would kill the person wearing it no damage at all except for it needing a front end alignment. o_O You are a max, meaning you are driving a vehicle that is supposed to be used in doors. If you are outside in a place where you can be ran over, you need to be. That is what a rooftop is for. I just killed 2 out of 3 Harasser in a gang last night on my flash. :confused: The only reason they seem so powerful is because they are ganging up on you most of the time in some way. o_O Yes they are fast, but you have to consider normal bullets can damage them heavily. :( So if you all are going to complain about it, be fair.
    o_O I will support you weakening them a touch, if you remove the ability for hand weapons to damage them. They should not have to worry about driving up to people and taking a mountain of damage while housed in a fully enclosed armored car and THEN have to deal with a tank coming at them.... :confused: I rarely use them and I know how tough they have it....
  7. TR5L4Y3R

let´s make a compromise and go for a default 3 shot ok .. no need to overdo it (and come with the "realism" excuse)
    • Up x 1
  8. Skraggz

But my hovering plasma shooting tank should be able to 1 shot a buggy , like they do in real life. /s
    • Up x 2
  9. TR5L4Y3R

imagine the sweet salt (yes i did write that) of people through rocketlaunchers oneshotting any tank and aircraft by "killing the crew inside"-reasoning ..
    • Up x 1
  10. MonnyMoony

I agree the Harasser and Flash should suffer damage on collision with infantry, but dying on a hit with a Max is unreasonable.

The Flash should suffer similar damage as a Max does on a hit (which means a full tilt ram on a full health Max would destroy the Flash).

The Harasser is armoured, so shouldn't die roadkilling a Max, but it should suffer serious damage (like 1 or two tank round hits worth).

Roadkilling other infantry should also cause damage to both vehicles. Ramming a group of infantry should carry significant risk, especially to an already damaged Flash/Harasser.

Both vehicles should also suffer a momentum penalty for roadkills. It's ludicrous that a Flash can mow down a Max or a ground of HAs and not even flinch or be slowed down.
    • Up x 1
  11. MonnyMoony

12. Crayv

Maybe they should just change it's appearance to look more like a small IFV.
  13. Crash Bandicoot

Personally, I would prefer to keep the weapon capabilities of the harasser intact and nerf its durability. I believe it's way more suitable this way...
    • Up x 2
  14. Exileant

:confused: Actually they do (well Did) exist..... Just no energy weapon. The original (American) project was scrapped because of balance issues when fired. The First Russian project allegedly never left the model stage. ;) Directed energy weapons of today would have worked on it perfectly on both, so I have no doubt they probably have a Skunk Work project team working out the bugs for a working protptype. o_O For arguments sake, we will simply replace our Magriders cannon with an existing Rail Gun. :eek: Look it up on Youtube and see if you think a car, armored or not, would be able to survive one shot from it?
  15. Exileant

o_O A regular car or bike, perhaps; but these things are HEAVILY armored.... :confused: The bike is so heavy a soldier cannot even lift it in case of a flip. ;) They are fine as is. o_O Again, if you are in a place to be run over in a Max, you need to be.
  16. karlooo

Infantry collision damage to light vehicles should exist yeah.

When the Harasser loses the stabilized gun anything can be done to the vehicle in general (HP, size, speed, guns) because it turns into a whole new vehicle.
  17. Scroffel5

Karloo, you don't even understand what you have suggested. Think about it. Making the Harrasser top gun harder to use impacts the whole vehicle and playstyle. That applies to every vehicle. If tanks get too annoying, we can make them harder to use by tweaking gun stabilization and turning speed values. That makes it easier for infantry to combat. If a certain weapon gets out of hand, tweak the recoil and accuracy values. It makes it harder to use! Applying this principle, we can balance our ideas and those already implemented. Awesome.
  18. karlooo

Yes I know lol. It’s annoying so I’m suggesting to make it harder to use.....And also it can be a whole new vehicle because this game needs something new. It gets repetitive and boring. If you get me, making the harasser just harder isn’t rly going to bring anyones attention now.

In the past I made a suggestion to rework the Prowler tank: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...fit-with-tr-traits-speed.252371/#post-3536699 [unfinished idea] (About barrage I was mentioning the traits not the usefulness)

And these are simple stuff Wrel can even do. If he know how to give a tank Harasser physics, he can also tweak with the stats and stabilizer....creating a whole new and interesting vehicle.
  19. TRspy007

Give us a LASER GUIDED HALBERD for MBTs
  20. Scroffel5

What does this have to do with the Harasser?