[Suggestion] Change Explosive Weaponry Towards Hits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

What I mean by the title is that it would be fun if, when you shot a rocket launcher at a vehicle, that the blast from the hit would change the inertia of vehicle it hit. For instance, if you hit it straight on, the vehicle would slow down or the back wheels would be lifted off the ground. If you hit it on the side, the vehicle would start moving in direction opposite the side hit, so the vehicle would start to slide a bit when you hit it. This effect would change based on the type of explosive weapon used. If its just a basic rocket launcher, it won't be as strong as a base turret.

I think this would be a fun change. Imagine flipping vehicles by a volley of rockets hitting it. It also would make vehicles easier to deal with.
  2. Demigan

They were working on that for tank canons but it was never added. I guess that it was too much work and could likely cause problems with turret-hits. You know that thing that happens if C4 drops on a turret correctly and as they turn it spasses out and in rare cases can deal damage to the tank and explode? Well that probably was a part of it.
    • Up x 1
  3. LodeTria

This was tested on PTS and it never worked well even in the sparse enviroment of the test server. The knockback was always delayed and felt like total **** on the recieving end. Sometimes the delay was a whole second between hit & knockback. I can't imagine how bad it would be on the live servers.
  4. Scroffel5

So basically what you guys are saying, is that it isn't even our fault. It is the dev's fault or the game's fault for not being able to add it in. If they could fix the lag and make it feel more natural, more instant, then it would be fine. But I don't think they should add it now anyways, now that I think about it. With that update would come more glitches, and the Infiltrator cloak is already so hard to see on low.
  5. Exileant

;) I swore it already did this with Flashes, C4 and Tank mines. I have been flipped before trying to get away from cannons, turned around too. I do not think they should add that feature to tanks unless V.S. gets the reality of us being launched like Pin balls when hit since we are A.G. :confused: Tanks are very heavy.
  6. Scroffel5

Yeah, it hapens to me when I am on a Flash. I get flipped all the time. While the tanks may be Heavy, shooting them with enough things should flip it, especially if you shoot it at the right spot, or at the least it should move the tank. Pushback, yknow?
  7. Liewec123

i recorded this little beauty when i was testing explosive knockback on PTS XD
    [IMG]
    ridiculous XD
    • Up x 2
  8. Scroffel5

amazingly beautifully ridiculous
  9. pnkdth

Awww yeah!

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. Exileant

:eek::D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!! :D TANKS DO NOT DO THAT WHEN HIT BY SHELLS!!!!!!!! :p THEY ARE TOO HEAVY! Air Shocks are REAL. o_O But wait...... That would make everything fair for Vanu. :eek: That means WE can get under YOU for a change!!! :p I SUPPORT IT!!!!!!!!
  11. Exileant

:D I promise I would pull up right next to that car in that Vanguard and and be like: o_O "Whaaaaaaah...."
  12. Liewec123

That was something else I did but didn't record ;)
    Shoot HE shell, wait for tank to rear up, magburn under tank, tank flips upside down and explodes!
  13. Exileant

:D My HERO!!!! :eek: Shame on you for not recording that!