DBG MATH: 10000 ISO = 25 ISO

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IVANPIDORVAN, Oct 29, 2019.

1. IVANPIDORVAN

How? You may ask.

10 000 ISO = 20 x ISO-4 Recyclers.

Each recycler provide us 1 implant what can be exchanged back for 25 ISO.

It have chance of giving you exceptional implant, which means 500 ISO or "Free" reroll.

This "Free" reroll equal 25 ISO because it will give you common implant in the end anyway.

So, we can buy 20 ISO-4 Recyclers and it will provide us 20x25=500 ISO
    which mean what we can buy 21th ISO-4 Recycler and get our 25 ISO.

You can start to be proud of your work, worthy reward for, literally, months of grind.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All i want is ability to craft exceptionals. I can pay 10k ISO, or even 20k. Doesn't matter how much, i will go through all this grind again just to double my current ISO value. I am so tired of this random mess what you call "progression". Implant system was overhauled in March 30 of 2017 update and since then i hunt especially for carapace. More than 2 foking years past, i still didn't get it. 2/3 of my certs was wasted in to new implant system and i have only one character. New system is better than it was before, but it is random, because you cannot farsee how much effort you have to invest to get what you want.

Please end my suffering.

https://imgur.com/a/WFsY4TQ

https://imgur.com/a/4VCbkSN

https://imgur.com/a/88hBk24
    • Up x 2
  2. Zizoubaba

Having "leveled" (so to speak) lots of different characters on lots of different accounts, I gota say that most people have it wrong.

Certs and XP is EASY grind, you'll get around level 100 and all the certs you need by then in like a week of (game time, not in real life time) game play.

ISO on the other hand, implants, that's the real grind, that's the real big sinker, and mainly because -as you say- of the randomness.

I think you're right, I agree with you, although I seem to remember something, don't we also get exceptional implants (potentially) from other sources? (like alerts?)
    • Up x 1
  3. IVANPIDORVAN

I never ever get exceptionals from allert rewards. But yes, part of this ISO was earned from allerts, but mostly it came from lootboxes what exchange 750 certs to 225 ISO (9 implants)
    • Up x 1
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

My favourite part of using the Recycler was when I got Cold Heart. Twice. As TR.

I'm just glad that dupe could be refunded for the 500 ISO I spent to be insulted a second time.
  5. tigerchips

Pay2Win, otherwise you wouldn't be making such a fuss about it.
  6. IVANPIDORVAN

This is exactly what i started to think after one incident. I get "Showdown" as allert reward, but, fun fact, by some suspicious coincidence, i bought black commisioner earlier in the same day. So i start to think what to be able to get this as allert reward i have to buy something what cannot be purchased with certs, just like black commisioner, i have to spend some real money. This leads me to another idea, i really think what i HAVE to buy some lootboxes by using DBC, not certs and only then i will be able to get carapace as reward. Just thoughts of a guy who has been trying to get it 2+ years...
    • Up x 1
  7. Demigan

Why would you ever spend ISO to get implants? You need it to upgrade your existing implants and its harder to come by than anything else. Its using your food to buy money.
  8. DarkStarAnubis

if you are looking for exceptionals, the ISO Recycler has higher % of getting one compared to the other packs.

Having said that, for an average Joe Doe player like me exceptional Implants are not worth the quest and you can live happily without, aside Counter-Intelligence, it is a real life-saver.
    • Up x 1
  9. IVANPIDORVAN

Because as far as i know, deluxe implant pack (9 implants) have ~0.62 chance of giving you exceptional while ISO Recycler ~10.4% chance. Numbers came from PTS, someone just bought A LOT of crates to get this ~stats. Even if 0.62 is per implant it is still ~5,58% and what i supposed to do with all this ISO, every implant what i need (there is a bunch of them) has been already upgraded to 4 lvl (or 5 if it have useful bonus, btw "Aerial Combatant" is dead, long live the "Paratrooper")
    • Up x 1
  10. JibbaJabba

Only in the late, late game do you do this but it will come to make sense at that time.

First spend certs until maxed on abilities, weapons, attachments and such.
    Next spend certs on deluxe boxes to get implants.
    Continue spending certs on deluxe boxes, not to get implants but to get ISO to level up the ones you have.
    NEVER recyclers (yet)
    In the Final stage of the endgame you continue spending certs on deluxe boxes to get ISO, but now you spend the ISO on recyclers to get your exceptional implants since your existing are already upgraded.