Confirmed (2nd post) since 1 or 2 patches, the sound is buggy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Zizoubaba

Most of the time, I can no longer hear if an enemy is attacking my sundy.

(there, very polite, respectful and constructive, not to mention a simple sentence).

BONUS bug : kill count is bugged (I kill someone, press tab, my kill count has not increased) <-- I'll try make a video but I keep forgetting to press TAB before and after to prove it)
    • Up x 1
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

I think one of the recent patches broke flash grenades too. Not to do with sound, but when you throw them, the model instantly disappears as soon as it leaves your hand so you have no idea where it's supposed to land (unless you're some kind of amazing grenade wizard). A friend tested and had the same problem so it's not just me.
    • Up x 1
  3. JibbaJabba

I've had an odd electronic sort of sound from galaxies after a recent patch.

Worry not though. I'm sure once dev reads your signature they will bend over backwards to help you out. :D
  4. Zizoubaba

OH SHUCKS

I WAS REALLY HOPING NO ONE WOULD SEE THAT !
  5. Towie

Voice comms has been broken for the past few nights.

First - any chat option would revert to 'outfit chat'.

Last night - only 'proxy chat' worked.

Tonight i'm hoping it's 'platoon chat' that is working !
  6. JibbaJabba

BTW the audio is all done over side network connections to a different server. DBG seems to be using SIP protocol (pretty common in enterprise VoIP) over TCP which will do SDP to setup media sessions. This separate channel is why you still hear audio for a bit after a crash/disconnect. Also the reason why toggling voice ingame can reset things. Always worth a try.