Why aren't the devs doing their job if listening to the community's outcry on actual balance issues?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clipped!, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Exileant

:( Lord know I have tried to pick my battles. But because I said nothing, many key things got over looked in many of the games I love. Forums work just like life in general. Almost everything is fueled by popular opinion. o_O Before you know it, that opinion becomes Meta... Developers have a LOT to do. At times, Meta's are all they can go by thanks to deadlines and workload creating new content. :eek: At which point they make those changes. *Points at Dalton BEFORE Zephyr.... Then points to Dalton now...* The people who were just fine with the game, care less about the forums. Most do not even know they exist, and then *Explosion*, the game they love all of a sudden is ruined, because they were not around to challenge the people who whined. o_O You come up with a better solution for me to not have to deal with jerks forcing the developers to mess up my barely par crap, and I will run with it.
  2. _Kettenblatt_

They bring their own ideas live. Example: Cloak-Flash's cloaking device gets an delay. NOBODY would it. They was balanced, because their low health pool was always a 1shot and you haven't seen more than 2 different players while the next 30 minutes on the battlefield.
    Sometimes I think they would to destroy their games. o_O
  3. That_One_Kane_Guy

You needed to be told that the lack of damage dropoff was not unique to the Dragoon when that was one of your main selling points for Explosive Ammo. You do not get to stand on your soapbox and fingerpoint errors for anyone, let alone ones I admitted and corrected.

The difference in DPS between 200 and 185 RPM is below the threshold of human perception and parity in velocity without bullet drop is still an advantage to the Obelisk. Those numbers were hardly required to maintain my position.

I'm not reading your responses to others. I really don't care what those might be. Just reading the ones you address to me is quite obnoxious enough. It seems as though you labor under the delusion that if you format your posts terribly enough that no one reads them you'll win the argument by default.

So we're going to do a quick math lesson here:

The Obelisk does 334 damage per shot at any range @185 RPM, which means you damage numbers look something like this;
    >a 3 bodyshot kill (1002 damage, 648ms TTK),
    >a 1 headshot - 1 bodyshot kill (1002 damage, 324ms TTK),
    >or a 2 headshot kill (1336 damage, 324ms TTK).

The Dragoon with Explosive rounds on the other hand, does 325 damage per shot at any range @200 RPM which means;
    >a 4 shot bodyshot kill (1300 damage, 900ms TTK),
    >a 1 headshot - 2 bodyshot kill (1300 damage, 600ms TTK),
    >or a 2 headshot kill (1300 damage, 300ms TTK).

The only way Expl. Ammo can compete with either of the other two BRs is if you have a 100% HSR, and even then only by a margin so small that the outcome will be a Serverside dice roll. I haven't even mentioned the 20% more recoil when using the Full-Auto trigger.

If you with a Dragoon encounter your exact clone with an Obelisk in a fair fight the only way you will win is if you hit the head twice. You're trying to say that scenario will occur often enough for you to win "90% of the time" against someone with your exact same skillset using a weapon that on average takes longer to kill, requires less accuracy, has less recoil, no bullet drop and doesn't need to be reloaded.

You are comparing A Thing (clicking to shoot a weapon in a video game) with A Completely Different Thing (music affecting concentration). Citations needed for that claim, by the way.
    Also Begging the Question Fallacy.

Hence why I said a clone of yourself. Then the only variable is the weapon, and one is significantly easier to kill with than the other.

And more recoil.

You really need to stop overstating this advantage. The Dragoon has a 15 Rounds-per-Minute advantage over the other two rifles. Calling the Dragoon a "machine gun" over this difference is stretching the truth so far it is practically transparent.

You really have no idea how to use the heat mechanic, do you? It isn't about never having to resupply, it's about never having to reload. Managed properly, the Obelisk can be fired forever, because in the biggest newsflash of all time, Battle Rifles aren't fired at their maximum RPM all that often due to their high premium on precision.

I really have no idea why you decided to bring Minor Cloak into this, it has maybe 3-4 highly situational uses, none of which are applicable in combat involving the weapons we are discussing.

You are bringing personal experiences up against hard numbers. There is only one person here trying to discount facts.

You clearly want to continue acting like a child, so I will grant your wish and treat you as one. As you pointed out I am not a Professor and thus need not waste my time educating children.

To everyone else I will happily entertain further discussion on this subject.
    • Up x 2
  4. AllRoundGoodGuy

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  5. Exileant

o_O I actually DO get to stand on a soapbox and finger point. If you wish to become insulting as a distraction to your flawed logic, that is your business, as I will bring you war. By the by, drop-off is the word you were looking for. If you see a red line, unless it is a name, consider it wrong.... You do not get to try correct me on my grammar when you are misspelling words. :D You are actually trying to pitch it is easier to tame a semi-automatic weapon for a new player than an automatic. Nobody with any sense would ever speak such non-sense. Ignorance is not bliss. ;) I would suggest you go to a shooting range and actually fire both an automatic and semi-automatic rifle a few times so you will know, while the game is fantasy, there are some areas where reality has to take priority or else the game will feel childish. AGAIN the government acknowledges an automatic rifle can and will kill you faster/drop many more targets easier with the laws and restrictions they make on civilians having them. o_O When it comes to these battle rifles, there is no difference. If the Prowler's Automatic cannons make it easier to hit a target thanks to not having to focus on tapping your finger, the Dragoon; since it is far more rhythmic and predictable; will be far easier to get a kill with.

:D No those numbers weren't required to support your point, :eek: BECAUSE THEY DON'T... That entire statement is not only backwards but a lie. I can see that the Dragoon fires faster, which is how I know it does, in spite of never having looked at the spec. But for arguments sake let's say a human could not tell the difference: It is not the human that is counting the damage, it is the machine, the original Armored Core Series on P.S.1 was notorious for it's timing precision. A 'true' draw taking place was beyond rare because it could calculate down to the milliseconds of bullets hitting targets. Games have only gotten more advanced. o_O In this case if you have a weapon dealing enough damage to kill in the same amount of shots and one fires a little faster, the one that fires the fastest will win. :confused: Recoil while using Dragoon is not an issue to an average player...

o_O Well you can keep telling yourself that lie. Your format was as dull as burnt toast at dinnertime, I spice mine up to the enjoyment to most so they will actually have some fun reading. :confused: It is not my fault you are boring, and want everyone to be as boring as you. Heck at least if you put some pop in your posts, I might be able to stand you being so wrong... As it stands, there is nothing to distract me from correcting you...

:p I payed no real attention to this as the Dragoon is capable of delivering a 2 hit head-shot at any range even with Explosive Rounds. o_O I do not care about body shots, in the least, even if I did, Dragoon fires faster, so this will make up the time of a missed shot, considering you rival has to worry about tapping the trigger and the Dragoon user doesn't. ;) The pro's know what I am talking about. There are some tactics you cannot do with a semi-auto.

:D The reason you have not mentioned it, is because it is not a real problem. The recoil, as expected of most balanced long-range weapons is 100% Vertical and very minute with compared to even a decent A.R. Dragoon, being Full-auto makes it effective at ANY range. :( Where as O, is relegated to mid-long and long ranges. :eek: Use your punctuation properly.... :confused: It is NOT hard..... (E. Ammo) (B.R.'s) (H.S.R.) (Server-side)

:eek: Against my clone, yes, because it will boil down to the weapon that can hit the targets head faster. Aim is not an issue as we both have the same aiming skill and speed. o_O All that is needed (just like every other weapon in T.R.'s arsenal) is for the player to tame the weapons recoil to have a permanent advantage.

o_O Yeah, last I checked it was easier for my friends who do both. Drag, click, dead. :cool: Oh but wait, let's KEY BIND to make it easier.

[/QUOTE]You really need to stop overstating this advantage. The Dragoon has a 15 Rounds-per-Minute advantage over the other two rifles. Calling the Dragoon a "machine gun" over this difference is stretching the truth so far it is practically transparent.[/QUOTE]
    :confused: I am not 'Overstating' a thing. Not only is that T.R.'s whole shtick, :)mad: "These weapons look deadly." How much more deadly would they be if they were Automatic Weapons?" :p *Points to Prowler* *Points to Repeater* *Points to Striker*) but the Barrels rotate.... :rolleyes: It is a machine gun or 'Auto-Cannon' if you prefer....

o_O Actually, it is both, and again it is still not an advantage in a heads up fight. It will only win the day when it comes to standoff situations, as it can stay right where it is as long as it needs too. In a heads up fight however, Dragoon has splash, a faster Rate Of Fire, more ammunition per clip regarding sustained fire, and a much faster reload upon depletion. :confused: Allowing O to cool will put it ahead of Dragoons reload for about a second, however for that to be the case you must give up a round, putting your total available rounds at 5, where as Dragoons still sits at 8. o_O If you want to talk perfect shots? That is a whopping 4 potential kills per clip for Dragoon to O's 2... as 0.5 has never helped a soul other than the person who inflicted it into their grave a bit faster... :confused: I would say you are trolling but you placed so much in this response, to where I am forced to believe you truly your own lie....

:eek: I take it back.... :D You are Trolling with this one..... If you do not know why, I am not going to tell you.... :oops: I will shake my head in disbelieve however....

:D Because you put a a bunch of numbers on a page, does not mean you are right, nor does it make them accurate. :p If that were the case, people would not be complaining about people killing 80 people a minute using a knife.... :D Hard numbers indeed... Hare to take seriously perhaps...

:confused: By doing what? Telling me false facts? I already know a Stork does not deliver babies just like a Dragoon is far better than an Obelisk in ALL areas except one.... Longevity.

:D Now close your eyes..... o_O It will all be over soon.
  6. Demigan

Anyone here think it is a bit lame to be corrected by Exileant's auto-correct and getting to hear it as if he personally is great at grammar? At least if I make a mistake its mine to make, rather than him not noticing his auto-correct doesnt even use the proper word.

Worse, he just tried to make Kane's "hey you made errors like not knowing about the damage fall off (eat your heart out auto correct ;) <-- that is a deserving smiley) and change it into a thing about grammar instead. Maybe be hasnt noticed that we arent as much interested in his grammar and more his erroneous assumptions about the game?
    • Up x 1
  7. Demigan

Interesting. Having actually shot firearms in my life and having painstakingly heard the reasons why automatics arent allowed I can tell you this is wrong.
    Semi-automatics are more accurate and easier to use. This is also why most military training is done on burst or semi-auto mode.
    The reason why semi-auto is only allowed (in most countries) is that there is not much reason to do competitions with automatics and the lower control on automatics increases the chance of accidents on shooting ranges with someone hitting someone else. So yes automatics are more dangerous but not necessarily to "hostiles".

Also the "no one with sense would speak such nonsense" sentence suddenly seems very appropriate. And here is how you spell nonsense by the by:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=non...droid-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
    Huh, your auto-correct needs auto-correcting.

Also another error pops up. The Prowler is not an automatic. It is a semi-auto with 2 shots.

Additionally I want to see that TR char of yours. On your VS you have 162 kills in 22 hours, in that time I have auraxed similar weapons. Also you proclaim that you would headshot everyone but your actual accuracy is at 30% and the HSR (no one does the H.S.R.) is 17%, which is very low for such weapons. So the claims that the only reason you would be faster is because you would 100% always 2 shot anyone is... tenuous at best.

Also an autocanon is a weapon with a diameter of more than 20mm that fires on automatic. So calling TR's guns autocanons while you mean gattlingguns (which is just a cosmetic in-game) is wrong and paints a very bad picture of how powerful TR's weapons are.
    • Up x 1
  8. Exileant

:DThat video I posted was a parody of the Text War. If I am represented by "The Spirit of Mother Will" and That_ is represented by "White Glint"; this statement alone proves you are nothing but the building she stepped on in the first minute.

:p You are a run of the mill player. A mere Troll. You know nothing about advanced tactics. ;) If you handled any kind of automatic weapon, you would know the key difference between the 3 firing modes because whoever taught you about weapons would have given you this basic information. Anything less would have been irresponsible; so either you had terrible teachers or you have never in your life handled anything past mom and dad's pistol or shotgun... :D You know what, even a child who truly played this game would know the difference between them, as the game LISTS the firing mode types. It does not take a rocket scientist to label weapons unlisted by the game, only a quick test and a basic understanding of weapon characteristics.... o_O It is HARD to get my attention after I say I am no longer paying you any mind, :eek: you should be proud/ashamed you were so wrong that I felt it would have been wrong not to respond. Hahahaha! But hey, at least I did not see many mistakes outside of your information....

:confused: By the by, any word that reaches the end of a line before the word is complete uses a (-) where it stops and then continues on the next line..... Where is 'non-' located? Oh yes, you are marvelous at correcting me. :D Fight the good fight, rubble. At least That_ was a challenge. Try to stay OFF my radar, alright? :p There ya go slugger.
  9. Demigan

I did not respond to the video and did not watch it. So this response is once again erroneous.

Not only do you insult me but every run of the mill player. Isnt it interesting that you have so much trouble with your statements that even a "run of the mill" player has to be a troll according to you?
    Ever heard about the regiment where only one person was marching "right"? It applies to you. And please look that one up for the meaning before you go on about how yes you are the only one who obviously does everything right.

Knowing that the Prowler does not fire on automatic when holding the trigger is an advanced tactic? Small wonder you have so many problems with the game.

So this is a bit of a strange reaction to a quote that the Prowler isnt an automatic. This can be checked in-game and seen on pages such as this btw: https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Prowler/Weapons
    Not only do you not reply to the correction of your own error, you then think that you have enough credit to your name to proclaim the opposite of what I said is true for no reason at all. Dont you think that you should have led by quoting an error of mine so you had a bit of credibility?

As for what you said, you insult me, 3 different locations where I fired weappns with various teachers and just about anyone who actually did fire a gun at a range? You sure that this flagrant lying is the best way to get your way?

Yes it does! So how come you still think the Prowler is an automatic? Or do you think that the new BR's have damage falloff when they dont? Or do you claim that you get 100% headshots when we can see that this is definitely not the case? Since you havent provided a TR character and your track record so far I can honestly say that you dont even have a TR character since you are obviously clueless about the most basics of multiple TR weapons.

Yes it isnt hard. Yet when I did a test in-game you said you didnt believe it. You also continuously make mistakes about the most basic things that 2 seconds with the weapon or its description can tell you.

You would reply to a semicolon and say it was incorrect.

Your radar encompasses everything your autocorrect passes. Not that you would notice any incorrect word without it.

Also about hyphens: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/hyphen/

Non and sense would together not be hyphenated. It would only be hyphenated if it was at the end of a line, but that is impossible to see in the message area and also changes depending on your screen size. This is once again one of those basic things you should know since you probably use phone and a pc/PS4 with keyboard. Additionally you dont realize that the forum does not allow words to be randomly cut and will put words that are too long on the next line instead? So hyphenated because it reaches the end of the line is an impossibillity on these forums especially since its not word and does not know where to cut the words properly. It would randomly cut words but no matter how I hold my phone/pc screen it does not randomly cut off words so again you miss the most basics of basics and just randomly make up stuff.

And stay off my radar with calling TR's guns autocannons, or Prowlers automatics, or that the "extra ammo" bug fires live projectiles, or that the new BR's have damage falloff, or...
    • Up x 1
  10. Exileant

:D Did not read a word. But do go on, :p I am listening.
  11. Demigan

This is basically your MO anyway so why tell us? If you want a recap: you were horribly wrong, you lied a few times and proved that you dont have a TR character as you miss even the most basic of basics that you should have known 2 seconds after playing or reading any description.

Thats also why you refuse to give your NC/TR character names and why when I gave you my character names so you could do <something> of a challenge to/with me you completely didnt do any of those things.
    • Up x 1
  12. Exileant

;) Sssssssh. :confused: What part of: "I am finished with you." do you not understand? You are wrong, I do not care if you think you are right. Demi, you said the Prowler is not Full-Auto, believe your lie. :D DONE, and still not reading what you are typing.
  13. Demigan

I am running the well of bullcrap dry. No longer can he touch me, read my words and twist them. I have won, and you Exiliant know it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Exileant

:eek: *Holds Trigger to Prowler's main gun and empties entire reservoir* o_O ........Huh? :confused: Are you still here? :p Hahahaha!
  15. Blam320

Sorry, but you're the one ************ yourself. The Prowler's main gun, like the Viper on the lightning, is semi-auto.
  16. Exileant

:confused: See what I mean? You still have people who believe this is true. :eek: YEARS after that lie was told. Fueled by ignorance and stoked by the new. o_O This is why half of you do not think the Prowler is the best tank in the game. You are using it WRONG.
  17. LodeTria

It does, actually. Go to VR and hold your mouse button and it will fire as soon as it's ready. You can also bind [Fire] to a keyboard key and empty all it's ammo, whilst the vangord and magwider will not.
    • Up x 1
  18. Demigan

In that case there is a disparity between VR and in-game, or between PS4 and PC or something. I tested it a few days ago during a Prowler rampage and could not fire it on automatic. I could fire, release and press the trigger again to get the illusion of automatic fire and something I've used since forever. But that is just as possible with any semi-auto gun.
  19. LodeTria

Well you tested wrong or have faulty hardware. It is automatic on PC live servers. Literally just booted onto Emerald TR esamir and it's auto with both mouse button and keyboard fire key.
  20. Demigan

Just did a quick test:
    My Prowler was Semi-auto.
    My Viper was auto.

Not a hardware issue then.