How Much Memory Do You Need To Play This Game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Skraggz

Try forcing your PC to make an ip, I forget how. It's in your network options under ivp i think... not at the house.
  2. Scroffel5

Uh cool, can you show me a tutorial?
  3. DarkStarAnubis

It is not always possible to increase the RAM of a laptop so you should check however if I look at PS2 requirements here:
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...imum-system-requirements-to-run-PlanetSide-2-

it states as CPU: i5-4460
    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...5-4460-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html
    That processor is a quad-core with a base frequency of 3.2 GHz and a Turbo frequency of 3.4 GHz

In comparison, you have an AMD A6-5200
    http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Jaguar/AMD-A6-Series A6-5200.html
    That processor is a quad-core with a frequency of 2.0 GHz.

You have an extremely slow processor, less than 66% of the minimum requirements to play PS2.

I doubt it would make sense to add RAM to your laptop: better to look for a desktop PC instead.
  4. Skraggz

Just swinging troubleshooting Ideas for network at ya. I have a video from youtube I will link. Another idea to test is if the router is Dual banded try going to the other frequency. Sometimes a TV or other device can fight with the computer over some priorities. I find that most PC's wanna be on 5g... but that means you have to be fairly close to the router, as most other devices will still be 2.4g. flip flop your band if you can.

Also :

5. ycluk

Your system is below the minimum system requirement, and I doubt you can play this game smoothly even with 30 fps. Also, I played with 30 fps to lower my CPU/GPU temperature, and it is a world of difference with 60 fps. You should play with at least 60 fps.

My laptop has dedicated GPU GTX 1060 with 6GB video memory, and my CPU is Intel 8750H and I have 16 GB system memory. I looked at the Windows Task Manager last night. When the game is running without many other applications opened, the whole system uses 5.5 GB memory, and 2.5 of that is the game itself, so Windows 10 used 3 GB in the background. Also, that doesn't include video memory that the graphic uses since I don't have tool to show that.

If you have integrated graphic card, you need 8+ GB to be save to run this game smoothly, however, your CPU and integrated graphic just doesn't cut it, so get a new gaming laptop is your only way to go.
  6. Scroffel5

Sad. So if I add memory, it won't change anything at all?
  7. ycluk

I doubt you will see any real difference if you only add memory to your current laptop. It's quite below the minimum system requirement. You won't see much difference for CPU above 4 cores, and it should be able to run 4 cores at 3 GHz, and your current CPU just isn't up to the task.

For 3D shooting games, especially like PS2 that could be massive amount of objects to be rendered, you need a dedicated GPU, and integrated graphic just ain't gonna get the job done.

Like I mentioned before, starting looking at new computer spec, reviews online, and Black Friday sale prices if you can get any. Get a new system on sale is best bang for your buck.

It shouldn't be hard to get a gaming rig that higher than recommended system <link here> these days. Even my system is higher than the recommended, I still only play in low graphic settings and 60 fps only. When the fight gets big, like in the biolab, you will know why a gaming system is needed for this game.
  8. Exileant

:D You must add RAM my friend. If you cannot, see if you can find and old hackers rig then find a stellar connection to see your computer stand in your lap, flex, scream and melt your eyes with it's performance. o_O If your wallet still is not dead, kill it with a Optimus Prime's Graphics Card. :eek: Your soul will leave your body hellbound because of the deal you just made, but it will be the best 6 months you ever spend playing, when 2.0 of everything you installed drops and your time to pay has come. :p Hahaha!
  9. IVANPIDORVAN

Below 6GB should be enough, so just buy 2x4GB
  10. IVANPIDORVAN

I have potato too, intel G3258, GTX550 (just to support DX11, before it i played at 9800GT), 2x4GB RAM.

Previously i have 4GB but this is definitly was not enough, this game uses 5+

The bottleneck is my CPU, it is always 80-100% loaded, so i cannot participate in battles where is at least one side have "96+"

Also, after latest october patch they enable forced particles, so now instead of ~35fps i have ~22fps on average in the same situations.

Try autoshotgun to have chance to outdps at least somebody