[Suggestion] Planetside Arena --> Planetside 3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Oct 24, 2019.

1. karlooo

Apparently Planetside Arena was a test and just an action to help progress towards the new game....that's what the news say.
    Planetside 3 is going to be a really tough project.

One thing that needs to be looked at first is the graphics. I played Planetside Arena, the visuals are very unique but it's unbearable to stay there for a long time. It's not a pretty scene. It looks inhabitable, like as if air is missing or whatever. I personally wouldn't want to be there.
    Very possibly this could be the reason why Indar is the most popular map on PS2. Everybody wants to squeeze in there because the scene feels comfortable to be in.
    (The sky and filter color was in my opinion very badly chosen in PSA)

What is more important than graphics is performance. My computer is very good but has trouble running Planetside Arena at the high settings. There is also no reason to have as much detail on small objects, like I noticed on guns.

The overuse of objects that emit light is very very annoying and should be dealt with.
    In planetside 2 when I'm outside a lattice base, I have the shadows on and also the bloom setting. It adds some very nice visuals....when I get into a base fight I have to turn this off because it makes the game nearly unplayable, especially during the night.
    All buildings, assets have inappropriate lights all over them...it blinds me. At this point it's extreme, amount of objects that emit light should be lowered and used only when necessary.

Lower graphics settings should not give advantages over high graphics.

Anyways Good luck.

This is a nice picture I found. Greenland has a bit in common with Amerish lol.
    [IMG]
  2. InexoraVC

nice pic! Amerish should be like that.
  3. DarkStarAnubis

"
    Apparently Planetside Arena was a test and just an action to help progress towards the new game....that's what the news say.
    Planetside 3 is going to be a really tough project.
    "

Yeah sure...
    Read this please before drinking too much kool-aid ;):
    https://heavy.com/games/2018/05/planetside-3/
  4. karlooo

5. DarkStarAnubis

Exactly.

That is what they were saying at that time. Now they are saying something completely different. So either they were lying in the past or are they lying now.
  6. karlooo

Yes, battle royal was their real plan but because it failed now they are suddenly stating that it was all just for testing to help create PS3...Everyone knows that's sort of a lie.
    • Up x 1