Why aren't the devs doing their job if listening to the community's outcry on actual balance issues?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clipped!, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Demigan

Not to me or anywhere I was reading. And yes I do read and for example your "backing" of your words is non-existant. Not too surprising from a guy who doesnt even realize that the new BR's dont have damage falloff or will claim that 1.5m of 75 damage can kill hordes of people who will gladly stick around for the +/-10 seconds it takes for that damage to kill them. Or the guy who believes that his name is enough for me to find his TR and NC names as well.
  2. JibbaJabba

Yeah, but… y'know... you're on PS4. Nobody listens to you. :p

Bummer of a Catch-22.
    • Up x 1
  3. Exileant

;) The slower something is fired the easier it is to control recoil. The Saw is nothing more that s slightly sped up Full-Auto Destiny Scout Rifle, and you know it. :eek:ACK-CHOO--:oops: *BA--BA--BA--BA--BA--BA--BAH* *Sniff* ":p Excuse me.." *:oops: Stomach Grumbles*) *70 years later* ":confused: --And I swear... She took out the entire regiment by herself-- *Breathes into oxygen mask* --and walked off to get a-- *Breaths into oxygen mask* --M.R.E. like she had no idea she killed 50 people!!! :D EEEEEEHHHHHHHHHEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAA--
    *Cough* *Cough* *Cough* *GASP* *Breaths into oxygen mask* *Tears up* "My stars...." "I miss those days...." "I miss her...."

o_O A word to the wise then, stop using sites... Use the game. I told you the name of my Primary, either get on Vanu and send me a request, give me YOUR name, or shut up, :eek: PLEASE.
  4. Exileant

o_O Because you do not read. :D Hahahaha!
  5. Exileant

:D That was actually funny. o_O JERK! ;) The people I need to listen, do. *Points to Magrider's Standard Magburner and begins to thrust hips wildly whilst laughing with 'this:eek: ' look on face* (Sigh) :( We still deal with less hackers over here, :p so I guess I had to pay the cost to be the boss somewhere, right?
  6. Demigan

Gee, I wonder if this point but about semi-auto's was pretty much what I said but now you say it as if it is the definitive reason I'm wrong.
    Also the slower something is fired the more recoil and COF it has per shot. This does not automatically mean you have better control over you shooting when using an automatic.

Since I don't play Destiny 2 no I don't know it. Also the whole point about the SAW was that it required more trigger discipline than the Orion to be effective, which was my point.

This is also visible from both experience with the weapons and backed up by sites. Example:
    https://voidwell.com/ps2/oracle?sta...80,79&startDate=2016-07-07&endDate=2019-10-21
    https://voidwell.com/ps2/oracle?sta...80,79&startDate=2016-07-07&endDate=2019-10-21

The Orion gets more kills per unique using it but the same kills per hour. So the Orion is deemed a more easily used weapon or people wouldn't keep using it. Additionally the Orion scores better on total headshot % and headshot kills, meaning it is more accurate in general gameplay than the Gauss SAW. So if the SAW can kill entire regiments don't worry the Orion can too but with more accuracy!
    This is naturally backed up by my experience in the game.

A word to the dumb, start using sites, start using the game and stop using your bias.

Now I could get on my Vanu character but I don't play PS4 (and not on the US either), so I couldn't send you a request (request about what?) if I wanted to and it would be pointless. Also my name is simply the name you see here right?

But ofcourse you wouldn't tell us any other name as it would increase your BS ratio to over 9000.
  7. Demigan

The only reason they "listened" to you is because there's someone with a VS boner at the controls right now who loves to make VS OP. I don't think even they like the purple smiley vomit you crank out.
    • Up x 1
  8. Exileant

:rolleyes: Oh please.... :p You are embarrassing yourself.... o_O Highly.....
  9. JobiWan

I see a couple vague references to 'playstation' side, certainly not very clear that you're a PS4 player.

Fact is, because you post in purple with weird emoticons randomly in your text, with no line breaks or paragraphs, it's hard to read what you're saying, let alone decipher what you actually mean.

Anyway I'm out, it's clear you don't listen to reasonable, factual arguments, you're just trolling.
    • Up x 2
  10. Trigga

Pretty sure the Playstation 4 version comes with aim assist, as do all console FPS games, the control input methods simply lack the ability to fire accurately.

This reddit thread seems somewhat relevant.
    • Up x 1
  11. Demigan

How am I embarrasing myself? By pointing out that the devs dont listen to you?

And do you have any credibility to call out if I'm doing something embarrasing? Your history here has shown you dont seem to know what embarrasing is. Example: you repeatedly say I should use the game instead of cold hard data. So when I did exactly that during the Prowler shoots more discussion and proved in 5 minutes that the extra shot(s) from the Prowler, Saron, Viper etc did not deal damage you ignored it and refused to use the game that you are so fond of telling everyone about using.

Also I am missing the names of your TR and NC characters. You've proclaimed to be all the awesome so there should be no harm in letting us see those characters right? And for those playing on PS4 they can find you and tell everyone on the forums of the awesomeness incarnate that is you.
    • Up x 1
  12. That_One_Kane_Guy

A long-winded version of "no u" is not backing. Everything you have brought up as a strength has been addressed. All you have had to offer in return are "feelings", emoticons, and the color purple.

Quoting the person you are replying to is the basic, bottom tier level of forum etiquette, I expect it in the same way that I expect someone to speak audibly in a face-to-face conversation. Failure to do so is not only rude but indicates a lack of ability to defend your position.

Copying the format of someone cleverer than yourself does not make you clever by extension. Try again.

Forgive me if I don't take seriously the insults of a person whose posts evoke images of a texting teen armed with their first cell phone.

Based on the level of competence I am seeing, while I don't doubt that you believe this is true, it's pretty clear that your definition of what constitutes an answer is fundamentally different from the rest of us.

Not Unlimited != Nonexistent
    Welcome to a public forum. If you do not wish to be replied to, I would suggest using the Private Message function.

Do you always fall flat on your *** when attempting to be insulting or does this only happen when you're flustered?

While I'm sure the irony of attacking my grammar while simultaneously formatting your posts like text messages escapes you, it does amuse me.

Anyhoo, lest we forget why we're here, let's get back to the matter at hand:
    *I will admit that I was using numbers from a source which has proven inaccurate, so a couple of my statements need correcting. The Dragoon does have a 15RPM RoF increase over the other two (0.025s woo-hoo), and all three rifles have the same velocity (550m/s). That is my bad.
    That still leaves the Dragoon (as you have it set, with Exp Rounds and Full Auto) with Less Damage, More Recoil and More Bullet Drop than the Obelisk. If you faced a clone of yourself using the Obelisk while using the Dragoon as you have it here, you will lose almost every time.
    • Up x 3
  13. Exileant

:D See, if you had added some faces, and made it a pretty color, I might have read all of that nonsense. :p It was too boring for me to take seriously. o_O As games main design is to have fun, get with the program, :eek: T-Hot_-- OoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I-haha-mean, T-Hut_-- :p T-HAT!!!!
  14. Exileant

:D You being out, is good news. I have no time for people who cannot comprehend. :eek: When someone says: "HERE ON THE PLAYSTATION SIDE--" For you not to comprehend makes me seriously question your brain power. I was greeted happily when I first got on this site by several people who loved how I posted as well as the points that I made. :confused:Just because you seem to be too brain-dead to get the Smiles are bullet-points, does not mean I am going to lower the bar as there are those who can and do.... :p It is no wonder you stood there like an idiot and let Vader kill you.... ;) Go back to where ever you float and 'ponder' why you did if you becoming a ghost would have happened anyway you might as well have fought with all your might. You might have been able to live a few more years, or at the very least held off Vader even longer, giving the ship even MORE time to leave.... o_O LOGIC! Like character, like namesake. :( *Que Failsauce Horn*
  15. Exileant

:confused: ........This is you pointing out they did not listen to me? You saying they did? :eek: And passed that, the tank now has what I requested? :( Bss Aackwards, you are indeed..... There-there...... Um... How do you console stupidity again? *Consults Google*
  16. Exileant

:confused: Aim assist only slows down the sight control regarding the stick when you bump into a target, it does not help with the bounce of recoil. Passed that, depending on how wide Aim Assist triggas, it can often be a curse, as it becomes murder to push the site onto the body of your victim. :oops: Not to mention, someone crossing over your path will often drag your site off of your intended target... Giving them enough tome to kill you. o_O ALL shooters, regardless of system have an Aim Assist option which can be turned off. You can fire just fine if not better with the input methods of a Joy Pad. :eek: I just think it has to do with what you were raised on. The only way I can use a K.B.M. is if I am in a vehicle. :( They are too unstable for me... ;) Low Rate of Fires, give me the ability to be more liberal with forcing my stick in the opposite direction to counter recoil.
  17. Trigga

Not reading your vommit text.
    Its ugly as sin.
    • Up x 1
  18. Exileant

:D Who says I was talking to you? I simply wanted to debunk your junk. The word you are looking for is 'vomit'... ;) Underlined red and white is worse the puke in my book. :p Okay, now that was to you.
  19. pnkdth

To the OP, this forum has a small clique of members massaging each other's opinions + every topic is on an endless repeat almost as if the previous discussion didn't happen. I've simply stopped replying to some people on certain topics because apparently whatever I say or where the discussion takes us will be forgotten 4 posts later on in a different thread a day later... At which point you realise they're not here for a discussion. Why the hecking heck would the devs subject themselves of this place at this point? xD

The most absurd reply I've gotten lately was an expressed pride in not changing his opinion despite new information/new conditions. Furthermore, you can sort of tell who's here simply to talk over you rather than listen and have a dialogue. So just like in real life, you gotta pick your battles, and the benefit with this place is that you can just stop responding.
  20. Exileant

o_O This right here..... Is what I am talking about. Anytime you have to recant due to your argument being based off of someone else's findings, anything you say must then be taken with a grain of salt. As you are not testing these finding on your own. :confused: If you're going to try to read the responses I made for other people, at least try to read the entire thing. :eek: Barring the fact that you are still talking potential damage, if I were to fight a clone of MYSELF, knowing myself and how I am wired; the Dragoon me would win 90% of those encounters just from it being Full-Auto. :cool: So you are wrong there. It is easier to pick up because it is Full-Auto and FAR easier for me. All I have to worry about is evasion, and hit confirmation. The addition of trying to fire would take just enough concentration away from me to lose the battle. :)confused: Music drops concentration down substantially, if music can distract you, how much more would constantly having to manually fire a weapon?) The fact that I now have to time each of my button depression with lined up shot means I have to pull some concentration from somewhere to compensate. o_O Passed that, how I have it set is irrelevant if you are going to go with potential damage. If you take off the Exploding Rounds, as you said, they are the exact same rifle, only yours has Full-Auto. If you want to argue that no clip is a distinct advantage, than having a virtual machine gun for a Battle Rifle give you even more of one. As it stands, Dragoon with no upgrades, can still fire off 2 more shots than O, and takes less time to reload if you empty it. :confused: So in the end, the heat mechanic is a look pretty, because if you want unlimited ammo with yours, all you have to do is use your Engineer and Minor Cloak. :D You three can try all you might to discount the color, (VANU FOREVER!!!!!!) but there is no way you will ever discount the facts.
    :p Oh and yes, I do use Text Message Format... *Looks at Reply button* Because these ARE text messages. Sliding by the obviousness of this, I am, in fact, using my phone. :D Hahahahahaha! Besides, you are no Professor. How you broke up your response was just as hard to read, so I simply skipped to the end. Perhaps if you softened it with a baby blue and used a few Emotions as Bullet Points,I may have enjoyed your word wall. ;) "Try some..." "You might like it...." --Blade