Please throttle back the Adaptive rendering, It has gone too far.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cest7, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Pootisman

You will love it even more when the grenade explodes in your face BEFORE it flies into the room. (Explosion happens for no reason, then a split second later the grenade flies to the center of the explosion and disappears.)

MANA AV turret and Lasher are infantry weapons that can hit you outside render range. I have some footage of render problems, ill make a short video of it.
    • Up x 1
  2. KnightCole

Yeah, it looks like SoE is once again trying to "fix" stuff and ONLY serving to make it worse.

SoE should just dig up w/e settings and crap their game had back in like December of 2012 and reload those, then leave the game the hell alone.......
  3. KnightCole

yeah, really.....big battles are where the performance drops to a whole new level of unplayable...
  4. Pootisman

Invisible infantry attacking tanks:

Not even as sniper you can counter them.

Incoming fire not rendering:

No nearby enemies, no explosion, no sound, no tracer, no rocket trail, but my tank takes damage ... This bug exists since forever and its extremely annoying when driving a vehicle because its hard to find cover when you cant see where the enemy fire is coming from. This bug is THE reason why i play mainly infantry ... Vehicle combat, a fun part of PS2 ruined by bugs and SOE doesnt care about it, otherwise they would have fixed this bug years ago.
  5. Pootisman

Also, distant shields often dont render which leads to confusing situations:

6. Jac70

Not just the fact that players aren't rendering but those that are only update like once every second. Jittering around like cardboard cut-outs makes it nigh on impossible to hit anyone at range with the sniper.

As the guy above said the lattice is a part of this issue because it funnels everyone into the same space. I doubt they will go back to hex because despite many people pleading with them not to introduce the lattice and warning what would happen, which is exactly what did happen, they did it anyway. Constant zerg stalemates are not 'epic'.

Also issues like base turrets not rendering but the engineers who are fixing them are rendering which means they can be sniped through what they think is cover.
    • Up x 2
  7. Drasilov

Welcome to Betaside 2
    • Up x 2
  8. Drasilov

I dont use the AI Mana Turret at range usually as its free xp for snipers and Phoenix users. My range problems are jittering players, people missing heads, tanks missing turrets, Max units not rendering but still being able to hit you and damage coming from nowhere with no enemy in sight, vehicle, tracer or any indication fire is incoming.

Oh and base shields not rendering.
  9. PhineasDerp

Have to +1 this.

Was constant last night on Connery. Enemies, friendlies, vehicles not there, then suddenly "popping" into existence. Tanks with no turrets, etc
  10. Weterman

Turn your render distance up. That never happened to me.
  11. Ronin Oni

12. SNAFUS

Try flying near a large battle, then you can complain about render issues.
    • Up x 1
  13. Aaren

• Up x 1
  14. zaspacer

Huge Battles and other stuff (persistent world, giant shared space, etc.) in an FPS are still part of what makes PS2 compelling for some people. I am one of them.

Yeah, its got issues (beyond the flood of bugs), but it's still more toward this vision that anything else. This is an SOE thing: exploring new and creative vision, lot of bumps along the way, and gradual death spiral of bugs and budget cuts, etc. Still, I can't get this anywhere else... yet.
  15. Cest7

5 Years and nothing changed, what a pathetic excuse for a multiplayer shooter
  16. Skraggz

Necro'd a 5 year old thread just to poo on the game.... Talent.
    • Up x 3
  17. AllRoundGoodGuy