[Suggestion] Rehire Higby

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

Just. Do. It. People need a familiar face to look to. You are running out of options. I hear there are only 2 people working on Planetside right now. Thats not good enough. I don't know if the 2 people working on Planetside have some sort of boss they have to answer to, but unless you want your game to die, you are gonna have to take a risk. Call him up, get him up there, get him in a Discord call, whatever it takes. Say you are the last ones there. Say you need him. If he declines, work at it yourself, or wait for him to change his mind. If he says yes, make it a big, BIG deal. Post on the announcements that he is back. Make game bundles for him coming back, some sort of reunion thing or whatever. Get revenue. Spend as little as possible. Keep the game running. After you have enough, make ads on Youtube. Get the game known, all under Higby's supervision.

I mentioned a boss. If you have a boss, he probably won't like it that you hired a fired guy to work on a dying game. I said you gotta take risks. This is one of them. You need him.

I may be speaking into the wind right now, but if you are reading this, do it.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scroffel5

I can't believe no one is looking at this. Cmon guys. What do you think?
  3. Trigga

Eh, bad idea.
    It would be like going back to an ex-wife and asking to start again.
    2 things will happen:
    1. the same problems arise, and the same outcome ensues
    2. Your ex-wife has a new hubby she is much happer with and tells you to Higby off.
    Side note:

Best thing Higgles ever did.
    Also love this meme:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. JibbaJabba

Higby got burned by O.M.F.G.

They had a big development roadmap out... multiple continents... WATER, you name it. Then they got word to stop everything and retool the game to run faster.

No way Higby would ever come back to such a company.

If they ever do Planetside 3, give the guy a call. Otherwise...
    • Up x 2
  5. Scroffel5

You'll never know if you don't try.
  6. AllRoundGoodGuy

I wonder if Higby secretly reads these forums.....
    • Up x 1
  7. Scroffel5

I wouldn't doubt it.

You guys know that dude with the glowing glasses and his smirk? Thats the face Higby will make when he is asked to come back and save the game from destruction and doom. You guys think he will be mad about everything. If I got fired, and they run, no, they crawl back to me for help, I am going to take that opportunity.
  8. Toumal

Getting a former producer back ain't gonna turn this around.
  9. Scroffel5

It'll lift spirits.

Edit: Spelling
  10. Beerbeerbeer

Pay him with what? Peanuts? The lack of people willing to support this game is quite apparent.

Just enjoy the ride while this game destroys itself from neglect.
  11. TR5L4Y3R

too late and i doubt higby would have any interest by this point ..
  12. Scroffel5

I don't recall saying he'd get payed.

Never know if you don't try.
  13. Liewec123

i'd actually think about spending money again if they rehired Higby.

(March 20th, when Wrel removed NC maxes from the game I vowed never to spend another penny,
    Higby was NC so i bet he'd fix Wrel's mistake, and with the mistake undone i'd once again open my wallet.)
  14. Campagne

I can't tell if you're joking or not.
  15. Scroffel5

I mentioned in another post that if they can't afford to pay him, they ask him to be a consultant. So no, I am not joking.
    Thats the reaction I was expecting.
  16. TR5L4Y3R

yep he´ll sure agree to work for jackscrap .. ... .. but sure .. let them try .. it will work out PERFECTLY .. ...
  17. Scroffel5

As I said before, he could be a consultant if they can't afford to pay him. They'd call him up on Discord or something and ask him questions for what he thinks should be added, revised, and removed.
  18. Cyropaedia

Higby is currently playing on Connery as NC right now....
  19. Exileant

;) Only if he promised to continue to fix Vanu, and gives us a Pillager for our bikes. For too long, Vanu has been oppressed under his watch. :eek: Promises must be made!
  20. Scroffel5

escuze' me, pardon?