Give the Flash and Harasser(?) AA Weaponry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

Thats true, but the Flash has become such a big part of the Infiltrator. It is his steed, his chariot, his ride. I would much rather cert into a Flash to take down specific things than to have to cert into multiple classes. I don't want to have to buy a Lock On rocket launcher for a Heavy Assault, Locklets for the Light Assault, and whatever thing you are talking about for the Engineer to have options. I don't want to have to rely on a Rumble Seat rider, because for one you have to find someone to do it, and two you are out of luck if you can't find one. I'd rather be able to be a jack of all trades, in the sense of being able to do everything, but master of none. I want versatility.
  2. TR5L4Y3R

not the point ..
    the point is that any small caliber weapon be it infantry or vehicle can quickly take out the driver .. a dalton or tankcannon to the flash itself is already overkill ... the thing is the flash is the ONLY vehicle were the driver is exposed .. to every other vehicle the weapons you use have to be used against the vehicle, not the one who pilots it ...

which means: give the flashdriver any other weapon than coyotes, lock ons or hornets and you increase the need the driver exposes himself attaking an aircraft thus increasing the risk of dying drasticaly ... the flash needs weapons that fit the hit and run style that vehicle is clearly made for ..
  3. Exileant

;) We have been able to counter them with Laser based defense systems for years. Before that however, depending on the type of camera being used it could be damaged by flash blinding, especially at night. o_O You can also accomplish this depending on the type of flare used. The only real issue is detecting the missile within enough time for it to be effective. The newest way to combat any type of missile threat on a vehicle, is the Iron Curtain. :eek: Check it out.
  4. Scroffel5

Oh, I understand. Yeah, I know that if you stand still while trying to blow something up, you are gonna get murdered. Thats what happens with most of the weapons, though. You can't move while using the Basilisk or the Kobalt, or else you most likely won't get your shots. If you are trying to destroy a vehicle and want all your shots to hit, you typically shoot from the back of the vehicles, and typically you want all your shots to hit so you stand still, empty a mag, and leave. I'd still like the option of Flak, but Coyotes, Lock ons, or hornets would be the go-to. Smart thinking.
  5. blackboemmel

Oh yes, please: Give my AP cannon better elevation angle and see how every pilot with a brain will stop flying immediately.
    Until then i'll enjoy the balanced cat and mouse gameplay as it is. ;)
  6. Scroffel5

Actually, they really should. I think they should fire like artillery, with a few cannons working the same as this does, but a bit more balanced. If the angle is higher, that can fight off libs and stuff. I want this.
  7. Scroffel5

Not meant to be a boost, but I didn't want to make a separate post for something I already posted about.

Lets boost the elevation angle of all Flash weapons. Why? Because, why not?
  8. YellowJacketXV

Flash AA is a backseat Heavy Assault with G2A missile locks.
  9. Scroffel5

Well, yeah, but with added elevation, you could use the Kobalt or the inaccurate Basilisk to shoot it at it and the G2A Heavy to lockon from the back seat.