Why aren't the devs doing their job if listening to the community's outcry on actual balance issues?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clipped!, Oct 18, 2019.

1. JibbaJabba

I think all this discussion has answered the OP.

There is little consensus in the community for dev to listen to. Also because there are some players who are leveraging the imbalances in the game. Can't blame them really. But if dev corrects the imbalance they may lose those players. So... they tend to leave smaller imbalances in place and only hit a few of the egregious ones.

Also just to add: The balance in this game is actually pretty impressive on a large scale. If something seems imbalanced to you, I highly encourage you to try it out for a while. Typically you'll find it's not all you thought it was.
    • Up x 3
  2. Scroffel5

Because we have idiots going on one direction, idiots going in another, people trying to come to an agreement, and people trying to disagree. The devs can't listen to the community because the community is stupid and can't come to an agreement. The opinions differ, so if the devs cater to one side, the other side gets mad.
    • Up x 1
  3. TR5L4Y3R

the community often does not know what it wants ...
    more often however it wants things it knows nothing about the actual consequences wanting content and changes on impulse ..
    meaning the devs have to be VERY careful listening to the community ...

i for one friggin hate that daltons are again capable of oneshotting ESF´s
    i friggin hate the fact that flak helps jack scrap against AP cannons while said flakwearer has to deal with a heavy armored vehicle ... he can´t deal with ... .. don´t give me the stupid realism reasoning ..
    • Up x 1
  4. Demigan

And that wraps up just about every discussion with you!

Just the insanity in your post. The explosive damage not being degraded by range? You dont even realize that all 3 of the new battle rifles have no damage degradation at range? Or that the explosive ammo on the Dragoon reduces its damage output which I already mentioned?
    Or that the 75 damage you use to "kill tight groups" would require the tight group to remain tight for 14 shots? We are talking 1.5m here, not a grenade blast. A Medic reviving someone is often out of range already. 2 people passing a doorway would be about the largest group you can hit.
    Also if explosives are so much better than the Lasher and new Lacerta with lasher ammo equipped have to be godlike superweapons according to your reasoning.
    Full auto is not always better. Imagine the recoil on an automatic bolt-action, it would be closer to a solid-slug shotgun with worse COF. And that is the same case we have here, shooting this battle rifle on automatic is bad for the accuracy.
    The regeneration rate gives 7 shots at minimum if you dont fire every shot instantly, the Dragoon has 8 shots per magazine, less than half of the 18 shots you give the Dragoon.
    More information that shows you dont even know anything about the Obelisk or Dragoon: with the Manual Overide rail attachment you get to fire the Obelisk on full-auto but more accurately than the dragoon due to 25% less COF (on top of an already +/-25% lower starting COF). The bullet damage is halved but the rate of fire id doubled meaning you dont lose any DPS at the same time and your spray and pray us more accurate and less punishing for misses.

And again an invite to join you in-game... but no character names to join. Could you perhaps give me those names so I can give you a tell or friend invite? Challenging me to join you but providing no real way to contact you is a bit of a middlefinger to your own challenge to join you right?
  5. That_One_Kane_Guy

"Done. Where do I sign?"
    -TR Mains

The idea that a novice will acclimate less quickly to a semi-auto rifle that does not require recoil control than to an auto rifle which does is laughable.

Missed shots absolutely take damage away from the gun. You are acting like all three rifles have the same recoil. They do not. The Dragoon's one trick is it's ability to achieve its maximum RoF by simply holding Mouse 1. That's it. The DPS doesn't change, the RoF doesn't change, it's merely a mindless way to do what is already trivially easy to accomplish with the other two rifles. In exchange for this fantastic power, you get 20% more recoil. The most useful thing you can do with this rifle is remove its Faction Trait and make it like the other two.

It doesn't split damage. It doesn't add damage. It reduces damage. 325 with EA vs. 334 without. That's the difference between a 3 and 4 shot kill, which on this rifle is almost a third of a second. The only one benefiting here is the lucky bugger in a firefight with you.

All three of the Gen 2 BRs have the same 334 maximum, 334 minimum damage model. As for the "intended direct damage range" of the Obelisk, it has a higher muzzle velocity and less bullet drop than the Dragoon, and if you're running full auto and the explosive rounds, then it's also got less recoil and kills faster. Not a good look.

Less damage, more recoil, lower velocity, bullet drop. I feel like you haven't used either of these weapons.

An Obelisk user can pace their shots so that their regeneration is either in excess or just shy of their expenditure, meaning they can keep a constant RoF up longer than you can. Not that it will matter much because in the kind of fight you are talking about they have a distinct advantage.
  6. Clipped!

I am 22, have written several well thought out and factual posts with both solid logic and reasoning, and reason I appear so belligerent in that post is because I am so angry that the devs haven't show any acknowledgement of these seriously prevalent issues or the posts concerning them even after months and months.
  7. Exileant

o_O Full auto on a bolt action would be the end of all due to how effective they would be, that is the main reason they are not in the game. Think about the original Unreal Championship or the Wyvern Blitz in Anthem. As you said, it is a mindless way to do something the other guns are already capable of doing. Logic time. In a fire fight, full-autos are easier for a novice to learn, because it reduces the amount of things they have to take into consideration while fighting a person. :eek: Worrying about recoil and your enemies movement patterns is far easier than worrying about your recoil, your enemies movement patterns, AND firing each shot manually. And that is why most new players to shooters often spring for an automatic weapon. It is easier to begin firing and then simply drag your stream over to where you need it thanks to seeing round impacts. It helps remove the guess work from aiming. Another funny thing is Dragoon also has no drop rate... So much for Drop rate being Vanu's FACTION SPECIFIC TRAIT.... Dragoon actually has 16 shots. o_O It can hit twice per round. That is how Explosive Rounds work. Beyond this, Dragoon's sounds do not accurately reflect the guns Rate Of Fire. It fires much faster than it sounds. :) To answer your question about whether the enemy will just stand there and take all 16 hits? :eek: Absolutely, if they do not realize you are shooting them. And this gun can be used at those distances. People love to clump up around things in a massive fire fight, not only do you stand a great chance at dropping multiple targets at once with the explosive rounds, but it doubles as an equipment sweeper. :D It is a properly built Lasher. If you cannot make the Dragoon work, then you will get stomped trying to use an O. Call attention to this page, and lets see if the Dev's will be willing to swap Starfall and Pillager. If we make enough noise, I believe they will given time. The option for OUR full auto forces us to endure bullet spray, D's does not, so while we are punished for shots missed, you are not, as we have to not only deal with recoil and an unreasonable spray, but we also have weaker rounds per shot and a faster reload speed shaking the weapon all about insuring the gun will not hit a thing with the addition of this feature. :confused: You need to stop lying about O, being better. It is not.... O's only real advantage, is being able to stay out in the field until you get killed without restocking. That is a more of a privilege than a combat aid. Even if you do not think Explosive rounds is the better tool you do not have to use it, and then it is right back to being a 3 tap body shot for naked soldiers. To me it is not worth giving up the Explosions thanks to it still being able to double tap heads, with or without.
    o_O For the last time... My name is the same there as it is here. Besides that, all you had to do was place your Vanu name here, I would have found you. :eek: I told you all this repeatedly....
  8. Exileant

;) The answer post for Demi, is also for you, That_One. :D I kind of combined my response for time sake.
  9. Exileant

;) Give them time. And post facts, that is all you can do. Eventually they will take notice. :D That is why Vanu, is FINALLY on the mend on the PlayStation side....
  10. Demigan

I cant find an Exileant anywhere. I can find a few Exile somethings but there is no way to tell which one's are you. So again could you give the specific names instead of playing this nonsense dance?

Besides again that you invented a lot of rules of engagement. Full auto always better? You dont realize that having the COF and recoil handled somewhat automatically because its a semi-auto means the player has to worry mostly about his aim is a huge advantage in itself? Or that the difference between say an automatic Orion and Gauss Saw is a mile and a half as the Gauss Saw needs to be burst fired much more and simply holding the trigger is a death sentence except at point blank?
    • Up x 2
  11. Exileant

o_O You are the only one playing games. You are not looking. My name has been the same since the launch of PS3, child.... I have no time for your foolishness. :eek: If you lack the capacity to find me, post your name, I promise to find you. WHAT CONE OF FIRE?! You are AIMED with these battle Rifles! YOU DON"T HAVE ONE! :confused: What you are talking about regarding recoil is a benefit a seasoned player may enjoy, but over all, it is still far easier for the weapon to be set at full auto for your average player because you always have the choice to make it a semi-auto by just choosing not to hold the trigger. :( This is why the Prowler is top tank as far as weapons go; a novice can simply press and hold then dedicate every neuron to aiming at their target. These guns are no different. Saw will always destroy an Orion because of how hard it hits. o_O I would gladly trade the Orion for the Saw any day of the week as well. Taking out an entire platoon because I forgot to put on the Safety and sneezed is something I can use in my life.
  12. JobiWan

Well I just looked up Exileant on Fisu. No such player. Same on Dasanfall and PSU.
    • Up x 3
  13. Demigan

And again you lack of knowledge is showing. Even when aimed down sights all weapons have recoil. This is why on the pages mentioned earlier both recoil and COF bloom are mentioned. That COF bloom might seem small but because you want to fire at a ranged target a small COF is all you need to let the bullet go off-target.

And as Jobiwan mentioned, your name does not ring any bells on sites that I can use to track down what the names are for your VS, TR and NC account which incidentallt cannot use the same name, unless we must randomly guess that your name is ExileInfiltrator, IIExileII or more of those random names listed.
  14. Trigga

https://ps4us.ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=exileant
    ?
    • Up x 1
  15. JobiWan

Ohhhhhhhhh he's on PS4. Probably should have told us that.
  16. Demigan

Thanks. I still need to find his NC/TR accounts. But it does raise some questions. He always says he's the top pinnacle who both doesnt care but is also one of the few smart people who can make it work, yet he's slightly below average on the Starfall and slightly above average on the Obelisk without auraxium on either. That kind of clashes with the awesomeness he's proclaimed to have.
    • Up x 1
  17. That_One_Kane_Guy

I am not going to sift through your poorly formatted abomination to try and discern what was meant for Demi and what was meant for me. Either back your position or pack it in. I am not possessed of unlimited free time to argue with people on the internet and I am ill disposed to waste it with one who not only cannot properly quote or format a post but can't even spell my name correctly.

I would assume you are a troll if only it didn't require the kind of faith in people's intelligence which I am rapidly running out of.
    • Up x 2
  18. TR5L4Y3R

except harrassers have been needlessly tanky and maxxes being scrap against anything but AI (NC being scrappier)
    for a long while ...
    but i guess that´s your 4 year old self response ...
  19. Exileant

:eek: I have already backed it, it is not my fault if you choose not to read it. Although I can understand your frustration of not wanting to do something that you believe it pointless. o_O For me, typing out your poorly formatted abomination of a name in full, is something I will never do out of principle so I cannot fault you there, however I am willing to accept the consequences of my decision. You will be insulted and there for, not like me. So you should accept the consequences of yours. ;) You will never know the answer to the question you asked, because it is there, you just chose not to read it. If you do not have unlimited time to argue, might I suggest you mind your business, as I was not typing to you. :D When you decide to jump into a conversation out of the blue, you should simply be happy one of the 2 parties acknowledged you at all.

:confused: Allow me to fix your statement grammatically for you.... "If only *INSERT SPECIFIC NOUN* as there is no reference to (it)* did not require faith in people's intelligence, OF which I am rapidly running out of, I would assume you were a Troll..." Even corrected that statement was bss aackwards as assuming is mainly done by the ignorant. :p I get what you tried to say though... *Salutes*
  20. Exileant

:eek: *JAW DROPS, BURSTS THROUGH FLOOR, THROUGH EARTHS CRUST, DEEP INTO MANTLE AND STRIKES THE DEVIL IN THE HEAD ANVIL STYLE KNOCKING HIM UNCONSCIOUS PAVING THE WAY FOR WORLD PEACE*
    o_O I DID!!!!!!! :mad: FOUR HUNDRED TIMES!!!!!