Why aren't the devs doing their job if listening to the community's outcry on actual balance issues?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clipped!, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Clipped!

Why aren't the devs doing their job if listening to the community's outcry on actual balance issues that are clearly yvery serious upsets? No seriously? WHERE ARE YOU DEVS AND WHY AREN'T YOU LISTENING TO US?! Harassers have gotten yet another buff against tanks, and NC's MAX anti-infantry weapons continue to absolute garbage compared to VS's and TR's variants despite clear outcry of by plenty of players both on Daybreak's on forums and the PS2 reddit of these serious issues! And while I know some serious turmoil has recently shaken up Daybreak's hierarchy, these issues have been ignored for months, but HAVE to be addressed and rectified, regardless of who hold the positions able to make these much needed changes! I'm flipping sick and tried of waiting for people to do what's need to be done!
    • Up x 2
  2. LodeTria

That's because this forum is full of bads, most of the good players are on reddit instead.
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

Because on both Reddit and the forums people are divided on what is the best course of action. Harasser drivers dont want to lose their OPness and will defend it to the grave.

Just remember all the times the community was worse than the devs.
    0.75 ADS was the OP fuel that weapons bathed in to becone unstoppable! And when it was removed from a lot of weapons it changed practically nothing.
    CAI was a deathstroke to vehicles! Infantry now required to expose themselves more for the same damage and vehicles were no longer punished for using HE guns.
    Minor cloak was going to be an OP mess with a stealth shotgun user in every corner and Infils would become useless! In reality infils use it the most and minor cloak users on other classes is almost non-existant.
    The Magrider is UP! it is also the best performing MBT.
    Vanguard is obviously the best MBT killer in the game! Except on a per-pull basis the Magrider, Vanguard and Prowler get around the same amount of MBT kills.
    Every time my faction is double-teamed! Except that if you actually look at the map and check your team is double-teamed about as much as the other two.
    Make an empty continent so construction can take off! Except that the construction bases deliberately placed on the map are rarely used for construction.
    Add new continents! So we can divide the playerbase's preferences even more without solving the reasons the current (and new) continents are becoming boring.

The list just keeps going. The community is often worse than the devs have been. So just listening to the community is a bad idea. Listen to them, but dont take their direct advice.
    • Up x 3
  4. JobiWan

So if 50% of the player base love the kill cam, and 50% hate it, which 'outcry' must the devs cater to?

Just because you have an opinion on something doesn't entitle you to get the game changed to how you want.
    • Up x 2
  5. Zizoubaba

You're right, of course you are.

But the opposite is true ... plz dont ask me to make a wall of text ;)
  6. InexoraVC

Yes it was. Now (after dead or alive patch) it is competitive.
    • Up x 3
  7. TRspy007

because of poorly reasoned opinions like yours, the devs decide not to listen. Look at what you wrote lol, are you 4 years old? 90% of what you said isn't even a problem...
    • Up x 3
  8. Liewec123

Yep, they put absolute garbage "balance" changes on PTS like the NC max nerf,
    They ask for our feedback, and everyone who isn't a total NC hater was completely against it,
    We even provided the math and numbers to show why it was absolutely absurd...
    And DBG ignored us and put it live anyway, saying what they always say "we'll monitor it and make changes if we need to"
    And as always that was a complete lie, because as we all knew it has been absolute crap, and what have DBG done?
    "Oh, here is a few extra rounds in the mag, oh here is some reserve ammo", nothing to address the issue,
    They've had 7 months to fix their mistake and they're too damn incompetent to manage it.
    And they wonder why they are losing subs and money,
    These layoffs didn't happen randomly, they were EARNED.
    Screw the customer and you won't get paid.
    • Up x 3
  9. DarkStarAnubis

Minor Cloak is useless on any class except an Infiltrator and due to its broken mechanisms (it does not de-cloak on fire and it does not integrate seamlessly with other cloaks) it has very limited and niche use.

Players should rage about Counter Intelligence, that implant is a life saver instead.
  10. Demigan

Ah so the fact that it was performing on-par or exceeding the other tanks performance statistics was just a fluke then? Because it sure as hell ain't superior Vanu skill because if it was they would score better with Lightning weapons but they don't.

Yes, that was the point. When Minor Cloak was unveiled people were horrified about it and protested loads on the forums. People who were lucky enough to get the implant quickly would dominate players who wouldn't have gotten it yet. Then it actually came out on live and people realized that even without the broken mechanics that it was a niche use item. There were even complaints about people who had gotten an exceptional implant but were stuck with the Minor Cloak so bad did they view it.

Thinking on things the community was wrong about. There was this movement to get a popular Youtuber with back then good idea's in his channel on the dev team...
  11. Liewec123

i have minor cloak and i run it in a few builds, and for those builds it works well, sneaky ghost cap LA for example,
    use biolab jump pads to drift to the point of nearby bases and solo cap it and murder people from stealth as they come to defend.

also point holding engi, drop spitfire, wait nearby cloaked,
    when enemies come in they see an empty room and start to engage the spitfire,
    while they are focused on the spitfire you can grab an easy kill.

i also like to run it on heavy with jackhammer, for the lulz XD
    • Up x 1
  12. DarkStarAnubis

We shouldn't bee too harsh in judging. What you want to do and what you can are often very far apart.
  13. Demigan

True, and I'm not judging, I'm just pointing out how many times the community had the wrong idea and that listening to them does not equate to instant-supergame. Quite the opposite in many cases.
  14. DarkStarAnubis

The community appears to me as composed mainly by Veterans due to game age.

Vets are (rightfully) interested in game and weapon mechanics, weapons rewarding skills, "balanced" (note the double quote) AA/GA/AG warfare, base design, etc.

Those themes are light years away from newbies who struggle to understand bursting and CoF concepts, who have no idea about weapons attachments, who struggle to find a direction to go in a confused game with no clear goal (except to farm and be farmed).

To make PS2 survive you need to cater the needs of new players so they will join and -far more important- stay and spend some money: tutorials, entry bonuses, something to balance the rivers of deaths they'll face (directive for dying? How many times it has been proposed?), contents to explain game design, mechanics, how weapons work (we lost Iridar recently, he was the ONLY ONE who put substantial effort in explaining how weapons work. All he got from DBG was a mug for Christmas...)
    • Up x 2
  15. JibbaJabba

If you can figure out what "the community" is saying, by all means let dev know.

In the meantime I can't get you guys to admit Hossin is the best continent. :D
  16. Exileant

o_O They listen, they just do not listen to bull crap. :confused: Everyone and their mother here is crying about V.S. being overpowered for some odd reason, while T.R. is running around with a full-auto Battle Rifle that can equip Explosive Rounds which kills A.S.P. 100's in 4 to 5 hits at literally any range.... :eek: It even has no problem dropping Maxes for V's sake....
  17. Demigan

Said auto battle rifle encourages bad use. It is a battle rifle supposed to be fired one bullet at a time to maintain accuracy, the automatic part means players fire another bullet before the COF settles.
    The explosive bullets are a downgrade. Against non-nanoweave you deal 250+75=325 damage for a 4 hit kill. The 1.5m AOE will rarely help against additional targets even if they are close enough to be hit. Without explosives they deal 334 damage and will need one shot less against nanoweave. A headshot also deals 668 damage instead of 575, which means that 1 headshot and bodyshot kills for the non-explosive but not the explosive bullets. Due to the automatic fire its better to try and hit the head with the first shot and hit the torso after.
    There is a reason the Dragoon is performing a bit worse than the other two.

Also lets talk about the VS Obelisk. It deals THE EXACT SAME DAMAGE so the exact same anount of hits to kill "an ASP", which is nonsensical as it also requires the same amount of hits on non-ASP players.

Using these: https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/MG-HBR1_Dragoon
    https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/VE-LR_Obelisk

Ghe Obelisk has the same damage.
    Same muzzle velocity.
    NO drop.
    BETTER accuracy at all hipfire stances.
    BETTER bloom per shot during hipfire.
    Has the WILDLY EFFECTIVE self-regen trait.
    Instead of downgrade explosive ammo it has the Manual Overide rail attatchment which carries no penalties and allows the weapon to defend itself EVEN BETTER when it needs to hipfire.

There is virtually no downside of the Obelisk compared to the Dragoon. The Obelisk is unsurprisingly the best performing rifle but with your penchant for being godlike at everything except VS weaponry it is naturally suddenly the Dragoon that is better.

Btw could we get your character names so we can check that awesomeness you always go on about? You always come up with some sad story about how awesome you are with a character in another game but fail to produce anything we can look at from PS2. For example your complete and utter dominance with the Buzzard is something I would like to check on, you've been going on about that for some time now. Comparing that to the "terrible" Starfall stats on your VS should be so enlightening.
    • Up x 5
  18. JobiWan

Speaking as a fan of the Dragoon, I recently started using the Obelisk and OMG it's better for sure. Arguably one of the best guns in the game once you get used to it.
  19. Exileant

;) Not to me, I would take the Dragoon over an Obelisk any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It has virtually no side kick so a novice would pick it up far faster than an O due to the full auto feature not halving its damage. :confused: Full-Auto will ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS make a gun easier to use, unless it takes damage away from the gun. o_O Explosives will ALWAYS be a benefit to a weapon in the long run, even if it is a backward logic type that only splits damage instead of adding to it; because an explosion is not affected by distance, which makes it more powerful than an O outside of it's intended direct damage range. :D This makes it a full auto sniper cannon capable of dropping close groups at Resolution ranges. Who cares about a regeneration rate when you can fire like 18 rounds to my 6 in a clip? :eek: You are spray and pray while I would have to be skilled in a mid-close fight. I won't even get into N.C.s Battle rifle. It just FEELS smooth... But hey, almost all of your equipment goes no lower than Good on the scale so that does not suprise me.

Y:confused: ou want an Obelisk HAVE IT, *Hand up in prayer* I SUPPORT A FACTION WEAPON SWAP HERE. In fact while you are at it, GIVE US THE PILLAGER TOO. I will take that over a Starfall anyday. :D These ungrateful runts do not know what they have Developers, so give it to us! Hahahaha! Dimmy, you are welcome to join me in-game anytime. o_O Just as I invited him, I invited you. I cannot remember your response. Of you, all I can remember back then is often graced Champ with mounts of love and support. A sight that still haunts me to this day.... You all were wrong, and backing each other up on it, *Shudders* As far as stats go, mine are going to reflect a REAL character being played. :p I do not get on multiple dummy accounts to practice, then get on my main after I perfect a weapon as to minimize death and keep my Ratio higher than normal. o_O Stats do not mean a dang thing, there are people in the . 5 here that you cannot touch, because they helped others to get the weapon that they wanted. I have multiple systems here... :eek: If I wanted to, my stats could be in the top 2% by days end. :confused: Any moron knows this, which is why I encourage you to depend less on stats and more on actual experience via game-play.
  20. JobiWan

Won't do a quote because that font and all those smileys make it practically unreadable, but Dragoon on full auto is worse. Dragoon with explosive ammo is worse. I've aurax'd the Dragoon so I speak from experience.
    • Up x 1