[Suggestion] Does TR have a small arms wepon that damages to vehicls?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Terrince, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Terrince

Hi all

So I know that NC's NC6A GODSAW has an alternate firing mode that allows it to pierce heavy armor and I believe the VS's Manticore SX40 can charge a shot and do the same, but does the TR have a weapon that can do this? If so, which one and if not... Why + can we have one?

Have a good one all!

2. Exileant

:eek:o_O *Begins testing*
    • Up x 1
  3. AlcyoneSerene

Pretty sure TR lacks this. The only option is the nightshade knife, obtained in a past event, not sure how to acquire now.
  4. Terrince

Aye, but that weapon, all factions could have. (I don't, :< )
    I'm thinking a faction specific one for TR.
    Kinda wish the Chain gun could because, ya'know, It is a chain gun!
  5. Terrince

Hey! Let me know what you find :D
  6. Terrince

Okay my bad, it's the VS's Spiker that has the alternate firing mode xD
  7. Exileant

;) For your Light Assault, your Trac-5 S (Carbine) is the one with an under-slung Grenade launcher option.
    :) T1S Cycler is your Assault Rifle that has an under-slung Grenade Launcher.
    o_O Your AMR-66 Battle Rifle also has the armor damaging option of an under-slung.
    :eek: Your Heavies Striker Rocket launcher is the go-to for your distant armor damage needs, however. Since it works so well that is really all you need.... I hope that helps.
    • Up x 1
  8. csvfr

The Hunter QCX /w Explosive bolts - an NS sidearm certainly available to TR - is superior to both the Spiker and NC6A GODSAW.
  9. JibbaJabba

Please don't put the Godsaw on some pedestal.

It has 3 notable things that are vulnerable to it:
    Flashes: It can set one on fire in like 15 or so rounds. Nonetheless you'll take out a flash faster by using infantry fire mode on the driver.
    Liberators: It can do decent damage to these. Their overall health pool is so large that it is not effective though.
    Valkyries: This is really the one and only thing the Godsaw can do. You're not going to shoot down a valk, but the damage to it is impressive. You'll chase one away with a single clip if you can land the shots.

That's it.
    Harassers, ESFs? Does more damage in infantry mode than armor mode.
    Lightnings, MBTs, Galaxies, Sundies... yeah don't even bother. If you find one at super low health, mmmmaaaybe??
  10. That_One_Kane_Guy

"Anti-Vehicle" small arms (please note the ""'s) are gimmicky one-trick ponys, and the best ones are common pool anyways. Not having one is no great loss to the TR faction.
  11. \m/SLAYER\m/

But TR and VS has rapid-fire rocket launchers (striker and lancer)
  12. Terrince

Thanks! I do have these xD
    Sorry for not being clear, TR doesn't have a small arms weapon that has an =Alternate firing mode= to make it damage heavy armor, do we?
  13. Terrince

Thank you all for commenting! :)

I recently had an experience were I was out of C4 and rockets for my HA, couldn't finish off a (just started) burning sunderer and was left wishing I had an alternate firing mode like the Gsaw and Spiker. Thus the search began!