High ping lag

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tigerchips, Oct 14, 2019.

1. tigerchips

Evil1Russian was in a turret, i blew the turret up with him still in it, then 1-2 seconds later he get's out of the already blown up turret, so i unload almost a full clip on him and he somehow had time to put his shield up and i didn't even get anywhere near to killing him. You know why, it's because he's 1-2 seconds behind and he's already unloaded a full clip on me.

All i want to do is have some fun with people more or less matching my own ping, is it too much to ask for?

Not just that, another guy managed to kill me (reactjs) with a headshot 3 seconds after he died. Yes, 3 seconds after i killed him, i magically died to the same person, WTF. Just to assure you i'm not making this up... https://imgur.com/k0QFXO3

Does anyone know the actual ping of 3 seconds?

It's disgusting the way this game is designed. These people should be kicked back to the warpgate if they lag by as much as 2 seconds or more.

We still have had no explanation as to why there isn't a ping limit, or why there's no way to detect other players ping in the same area (usually from the tab screen in other games), totally unacceptable for a live service game.

Grrrrrr!
  2. CapEnTrade

That's what you get when you merge servers across the ocean and lay off all your technical staff.
    • Up x 1
  3. sjtw_w_stot

I often see entire platoons running across the sky, vehicles driving through mountains. Most of my shots never register. I rarely engage anymore, just play construction. ZZzzZZZzzZZZzz...
  4. adamts01

One millisecond is 1/1000 of a second. So 3 seconds would be 3,000 milliseconds. This game actually handles ping incredibly well. You don't really start seeing problems, aside from kill trading, till you get up to 300-350ms.

Ihd you see a single person warping around, it's probably their connection. If you see a while platoon waroing around, you're either on Connery or it's your connection.
    • Up x 1
  5. sjtw_w_stot

Correct on both accounts. I'm on Connery and it is my connection. I wasn't laying blame as you perceived it, I'm just stating facts.
  6. vonRichtschuetz

The roads are badly lit at night so I sometimes have to drive 5mph to not crash.

Probably should check your headlights.

Oh I know they're not on, wasn't laying blame, just stating facts.
    • Up x 1
  7. sjtw_w_stot

*Slow clap*
    Go back to Twitter troll-boy.
  8. adamts01

Dude, maybe proof read before you post. Or stop typing on your little phone with your fat fingers. I swear, half my time reading your posts is spent trying to interpret your spelling.
  9. JibbaJabba

*slow clap*
    *more slow clapping*
    Seriously, that was pretty good.
  10. daltera

vc é ridiculo
  11. daltera

Jogo tem problemas sérios , e a empresa se nega a melhorar para outras regiões mais distantes,