[BUG] Since patch : Every time I alt tab it puts the game in windowed mode

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Zizoubaba

Does anyone know how to fix that?

PS. DBG you are really a bunch of incompetent slackcers!
  2. JobiWan

It's a known bug. Press alt + enter to restore it. And the 'incompetent slackers' are working on a fix.
    • Up x 2
  3. Zizoubaba

Fanks !

maybe they could also fix 2 (out of many more) things that they broke,

1. the message alerting the sundy owner that his sundy is under attack
    2. the sound made by rockets of HA or LA as they attack the sundy

would be nice, though I'm not getting my hopes up since that first one has been broken for a longgggg time now!
  4. Liewec123

And when you go back to full screen it is at a lower resolurion, mine goes to 1080p on a 2k monitor.

Best to not alt tab for a while!
  5. LtBomber

You can change the resolution on the fly. Why would there be a need to frequent tab out the game?
  6. Zizoubaba

Yeah its so annoying.

Basically, every time, you have to open the menu, click on graphics, change to full windowed mode (cause its already on full screen), then change to full screen, then change the resolution.

Obviously, full windowed mode solves most of these problems, but then with that mode you still have sound when alt tabbed, which sucks, plus your FPS will be a bit lower than in full screen....

Are you kidding?

I'm ALWAYS alt tabbing, emails received, facebook messages, work related stuff, changing the music.

I mean the music alone, if there's a song I don't like that is playing, I alt tab to change it, or change playlist, whatever, how can you play and NOT alt tab is the real question???
  7. DarkStarAnubis

I play at 4K resolution and at every tab I got a change from Fullscreen to Windowed AND a change in resolution. At least before it was better, this happened only once when I started the game.
    • Up x 1
  8. JibbaJabba

Yeah, using the built in full-screen key from the operating system seems to work fine for me. Alt+Enter. When it goes fullscreen I appear to be at my full resolution (2K, not 1080p). /shrug

Happens to me on *some* launches, then every time I alt-tab.
  9. PlanetBound

I get the window now no matter what.