[Suggestion] Have 2 Continents Open At A Time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

People hate Hossin. Please open 2 continents.

Yes, I understand there aren't enough people to have 2 continents open, but people are turned off of the game when only Hossin is open. If 2 continents are open, maybe Hossin won't have many people on. That is alright. At least the game will be played on another continent. I really have no counterarguments to address because I doubt many people want to stick up for Hossin and the people that do are too brain dead to come up with an argument as to why (I'm just joking, don't take that seriously).

P.S. Maybe Hossin needs updates, DBG?
  2. TR5L4Y3R

i don´t see how 2 continents open solves hossin being still open by this point what rather needs to be done is to drastically shorten the time up to a meltdown alert to quickly rotate the continent on low pop ... so depending on the pop a continent may not open longer than 2 to 3 hours max ..

<<<< still takes hossin over amerish ...
  3. ycluk

My presumption on why people hate Hossin is the dense forest which is hard to fly, the up & down terrain that makes it difficult for ground vehicle control, and that also limits open area for armored warfare style of gameplay.

Personally, I don't see it's a bad place. It's close to jungle warfare, and it does offer different challenges.
    • Up x 1
  4. TR5L4Y3R

or we could just have indar open 24/7 with the occacional territoryreset and PMBcleanup ..
    • Up x 1
  5. Scroffel5

I mean, people just don't like Hossin. I don't want to remove it, because there are those that do like it, so keeping 2 continents open helps that. I want every continent to be open for shorter. Faster rotations is better. I don't want to have to play for 3 hours to get the reward, because most people don't play that long.
  6. Liewec123

it'd be cool if there could be some special rule for Hossin, were it cannot be the only map.

Dark, foggy, cluttered, Hossin is everything that most of us don't want in a map.
  7. then00b

It's just a crap continent, I don't even fly much.
    • Up x 1
  8. JibbaJabba

It's my favorite continent. :)

I think I like it for the same reason other hate it. It's a Beotch. Very hard. Challenging terrain, bottlenecks everywhere, cover everywhere, armor and infantry in close quarters on much more even terms. Visibility is a challenge making recon and communication more important. Night is an actual factor.

I would like them to *finish* Hossin and get rid of the boring construction bases, but alas, that's won't happen.

I'm not opposed to an extra continent idea though. Particularly since a single continent can trigger queues. for non-members.
  9. InexoraVC

I like to fly @Hossin because of dense forest. You can hide your ESF in foliage and ambush unlucky foes from there.
  10. csvfr

Hossin does indeed offer some varied gameplay, but being 1 of 4 continents I wouldn't be satisfied by playing it 25% of the the time. 10-15% is acceptable perhaps. Also most disgusting color in the world (Pantone 448 C):
    [IMG]
    is close to the textures of Hossin's mangroves.
  11. JibbaJabba

For me I wanna slit my wrist when I'm stuck playing Esamir.

Turrible, terrible boring gameplay that encourages HESH and A2G farming.