Logitech No Recoil Script: Perfect Accuracy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beerbeerbeer, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Beerbeerbeer

There’s two hacks going around: the hit-box hack and one anyone can make using a Logitech Gaming Mouse and their gaming software. I wasn’t aware of this hack until recently and we could in fact be misinterpreting people we thought were modifying game files but were simply using this script.

Google: Logitech No Recoil Script Planetside 2 and it’s super easy and can be modified per gun.

Here’s a quote from the instructions:
    Have fun hacking the crap out of this game.
  2. JibbaJabba

lol, let 'em.

I don't fear the guy using a script for his mouse to compensate for recoil. He's taking the cheap way out and will suck at everything else.

I fear the guy who is compensating for recoil because he has memorized all the left/right pull patterns of the individual guns, knows how burst length differs by range and target (head/body), knows movement meta, not just aiming, and starts every engagement with a positional advantage.

But yeah... script. Sure. :p

And yeah, I've seen a guy rampaging with a laser sight anchor with perfect accuracy. Daybreak gave him a golden anchor for the achievement a couple months back. :p
  3. Beerbeerbeer

The laser sight isn’t necessary for this script, it’s just a useful attachment since your ADS is perfect using this script, so why not use the laser sight. Some notable great players that have persisted but are known for only using one or two weapons are probably using this script, which is undetectable by the way, so use it.

Have fun; let’s all destroy this game.
  4. JibbaJabba

To be clear... I don't think GOOD players use this. You could probably count on one hand the number of people that have actually tried it.

And no.. your ADS is not going to be perfect using this. The horizontal and vertical recoil are generally random. There is a first shot which can be very roughly predicted, but after that the recoil falls within a range. A script could insert artificial mouse motions in for the average of that number, but it would not be perfect.

If you utterly suck at recoil, modify your useroptions.ini to go with a FOV beyond 80. On low recoil guns like say a NS-15 with a compensator/grip it will feel like a laser.

Your ability to acquire the exact head of a distant target is gonna be compromised though. The tall vertical FOV makes the recoil feel less, but it's gonna fish-eye real hard and make targets small.
  5. DarkStarAnubis

All gaming mice are programmable, that's the reason why they exist: Logitech, Corsair, SteelSeries, Razer, ... you name it.

A recoil script looks like a crutch or a QoL element, hardly a game changer: in PS2 players are killed by positioning and surprise, whoever opens fire first is going (unless he/she really sucks or is firing from too far away or is against someone with 50 BRs of difference) to win.

Besides, a recoil script would work only with a subset of weapons having:

- a marked Horizontal Recoil bias (left or right, it doesn't matter)
    - a fixed Vertical Recoil
    - a low First Shot Recoil Multiplier
    - a low Horizontal Recoil Tolerance

So it would help to handle the NS-15M but it would be useless for the Promise.
    • Up x 1
  6. Beerbeerbeer

There are plenty of weapons that can be scripted.

This script rewards people with good aim because if you’re aiming at the head, you’ll likely land those shots versus having to compensate for recoil.
  7. DarkStarAnubis

Look, I am not saying those scripts are useless.

For sure they help (EVERYTHING helps) but a mediocre player will remain a mediocre player, maybe he'll win couple more 1vs1 duels thanks to better firing, but nothing more. He will still be killed by an invisible Flash, walk over a mine, sniped from far away, slashed by an invisible stalker and killed mercilessly by other players with higher SA and positioning skills since they will engage him first.

It is like people saying "Thanks to the ADAD dance/bunny hopping/whatever he killed me.".

Fine, it sucks but if you put yourself in a 1vs1 scenario it will always be a 50% chance to be killed due to a myriad of other factors including net-coding and latency.

Be a better player and you won't need scripting/ADADing/bunny hopping/...
    • Up x 2
  8. CapEnTrade

Guess I should get banned for using the old wrist... Virtually no recoil.
    Works just as good folks, if you're not noob food that is...
  9. Beerbeerbeer

Kind of makes you wonder if high HSR is hit-box hacking or mouse scripting.

At least the mouse scripting is stupidly easy to implement. The recoil offsets for every weapon are easily obtainable online.

Let’s burn this B I T C H down. Sink this ship faster.
  10. Beerbeerbeer

Bump, need more exploiters...
  11. DarkStarAnubis

Hit-Box.

Incidentally, DBG itself contributed to market this way of cheating because when the Canis (with unstable ammo) was introduced for the first time the HSR ratio of players using the Canis skyrocketed due to the way the three hit-boxes (head/torso/legs) were implemented. The partial solution was to change the hit-boxes design and to introduce a penalty for using unstable ammo reducing the HS multiplier, which is still active today :)
  12. JibbaJabba

They never changed the hit boxes over this. They just nerfed UA.
  13. DarkStarAnubis

I vaguely recall some discussion (on Reddit most likely) about changing the hit-box priority because the fat UA bullets were matching both the head and torso hit boxes.
  14. Liewec123

imagine if we had some DBG employees left, to get rid of the trash who endorse cheating?
  15. Beerbeerbeer

Exactly.

Just imagine...
  16. DIGGSAN0

Note that Macros are allowed as long as they do not move the mouse.

What you do is clearly statet as not allowed.
  17. Beerbeerbeer

That’s nice, but there’s no one left to police anything.
  18. InexoraVC

I've tried mouse scripts in other games like CoD few years ago (minor mouse movements, press fire and release delays adjustment). Yes it has some positive effect in pure 1v1 duels but very very small effect in overal gameplay stats. Experienced players win mostly due to tactical advantages: they get the better position, they know when to shoot, they know how to move.
    So I see no problems with mouse scripts - it doesn't noticable affect the gameplay.

P.S. mouse scripts like described above significally decrease rate of fire and this leads to fails in close combat.
  19. Liewec123

So cheating is fine if you don't think you'll get punished? Riiiiight.
    You know you're still cheating and ruining the game,
    Just because you don't think you'll get punished it doesn't make cheating any less of a ********* move.
    I'm sure you've had times with some aimbot flying ******* script kid ruining fights,
    It sucked right? Now you want to join them and become an ******* cheater, ruining fights.

That kind of mentality is terrible for the game (and society as a whole).
    Every thief who has ever stolen other people's property stole it because they thought they could get away with it,
    No thought about anyone else, just "I can get away with this so I will do it."

We don't need any more cheater and script kids in this game.
    Gitgud cheaters.
  20. Beerbeerbeer

You’re missing the whole point of my post...

This is a reap what you sow. This is a be careful what you wish for type of lesson here and I will continue.