(Question) PTS Updates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AllRoundGoodGuy, Oct 9, 2019.

1. AllRoundGoodGuy

Anyone tried out the new toys yet? Unfortunately I can't login for myself to check em out. Some of my thoughts on the other changes though:

Harasser buffs - I really do not think they needed to be even more effective
    Liberator nerfs - I'm glad they made em a bit less tanky
    Dalton Buff - I'm happy they can one-shot esf's again
    Frag grenades - I'm glad they added some bling to make more es, not sure yet how I feel about the dmg range increase
    Reload recertification - In theory I think it's a good thing to allow new players to have a better chance.
    • Up x 1
  2. DarkStarAnubis

I tried the new ARs.

Unimpressed at the moment except for the TR one that I hate because it is a Yumi (which I can't stand as well of course) without the initial delay.
    • Up x 1
  3. TR5L4Y3R

still feels like a yea whatever change to me .. problem is i can´t test PTS due to too high ping ..

maxxes still not good except for inhouseplay (nc max still overnerfed) and could get more NS options anyway
    the fact that burster can´t deal any damage to ground heavy armor is beyond stupid of how vulnerable it leaves maxxes in that regard ..

infantry still lacking good AA and AV options
    vehicles still lack AA options ..
    flying esf is still scrappy ... and screw the dalton oneshot in that regard .. cause that simply means more people will pull daltonlibs again which also means ground will be fooked over more aswell ..

the only thing i might be slightly curious at would be the light maschinegun resistancenerf ..
    • Up x 1
  4. Demigan

I've been watching for an update to see what they do with the new topguns. No changes in the patchnotes is dissapointing.

The new AR's sounds like the VS and NC get solid guns, but the TR with a 6-shot burst gets a bit shafted. You get less control over your magazine for an ability that is more removed from the SABR than the NC and VS versions.
  5. Exileant

:confused: The Dalton was always a nightmare for a Scythe, because they are so wide. I am not happy about them being able to kill in one shot again.... o_O It is too easy to hit Vanu's fighter. Even ore so when you do not know they are there. As you stay keeping your flat side to them. :( At least I had a chance to escape if I took a hit from one, even though it left me ablaze.
  6. AllRoundGoodGuy

Anything that can blow an esf out of the sky is a good thing imo.

Please note that by anything I'm not advocating that a beamer pew should instagib an esf.
  7. Scroffel5

The Scythe blows everything else out of the sky, so I say /shrug. I don't like how OP Liberators are. There is nothing that does major damage to them, really. I am tired of getting 2 magged by a Lib when I am in a sunderer. You don't have good defense against them. Anyone know of anything that stops a lib in its tracks?
  8. LodeTria

ESF lockons or Wrym will pretty much dominate most libs. Just don't drive right into the bellygun, dodge incoming fire and you'll be fine.
  9. TRspy007

The new grenades are going to be refreshing, and it's good to see some es direction with that and the new carbines (finally!!) I hope they will reskin the ns vehicles to give them a distinct look at least, but let's not get ahead of ourselves lool.

I would like to see them quit molesting the tank abilities, but whatever. I'm happy about the reload, definitely takes a step towards making the new player experience, though I invested so much idk what's going to happen if all the certs get refunded lol.

Idc about the dalton vs esf buff, I'm not a pilot, but I do hope the liberator nerf will discourage some of them for completely ******* us in the *** while in a tank or infantry. I personally don't feel like harassers needed a buff though.

Waiting for Oshur, halloween event and I would love to see some more faction specific stuff in the future.
  10. Exileant

:( We have enough items that can do so already. o_O Liberators have 1 weapon that is dedicated to air, (Tail gun) 1 weapon that is a hybrid. (Nose Gun) Unless they are going to give back the Dalton's explosive power on ground targets as well to tempt them away from strictly hunting air, it should not be effective against air targets. :eek: The Coyote missiles are not effective against larger targets and seem to be terrible against infantry, so invert it, or let everything damage everything. :confused: All they are doing now is inviting Liberator solo artists back into the fight. :p Which is a blast if you can do it, o_O but if they reduced the armor, :( then the Liberator is now back to being expensive garbage to me.
  11. Exileant

:( It only seems that way because you are not not Vanu, o_O or you have not tapped into the Well of POWER that is your Reaver.... In a Sunderer, You are sadly a victim unless you have the right equipment, Vehicle stealth that can catch them off guard, or a Deployment shield so you can extend your fight time, passed that you WILL need a maximized Ranger on one of your slots. :confused: I say this instead of the machine gun because most good Liberator will allow their belly gun to critically wound you before they swoop down for a nose kill, or let the Stinger do it's job from orbit; well out of the effective range of the weapon. ;) Rangers do not really have a range. For your other slot I would put either a Basilisk or another Ranger. o_O Basilisk for me so I am not left defenseless against L.A.