Platoon leader holding up pop, not helping.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ycluk, Sep 23, 2019.

1. ycluk

DimGiant himself (on Connery) is really throwing it, and I joined his platoon once, and he even said other PL gave him ear full about the continent locking alert, but he just didn't give a damn about it.

I played with another guy in his outfit (forgot his name) who lead the platoon, and we locked the continent the other day which was good, but DimGiant himself is just awful.

The ones who doesn't care about 250 cert & 300 Iso are either mentally ill or just doesn't want you to win, and I suspect it's the ladder. It's just my speculation, but there are hardly any better explanation.

He always purposefully got his platoon into a fight and forget about the alert, and who knows may be he has a VS character who's taking all the cert when VS wins continent lock so often on Connery.
  2. adamts01

The only thing wrong with the current alerts are the players. You basically said it yourself, some groups making bad calls. They'd still make bad calls if it were the VP system. I personally disliked the VP system because it encouraged zerging, putting all your eggs in one basket so to speak, too ch one warpgate then the next while ignoring the entire rest of the map. Continent control makes you watch the entire battlefield, we're just stuck with ****** doubleteaming Thanks to 3 teams instead of 2.

It the consequence of not being on the same level as your opponent, either due to lack of skill, effort, or personality. Instead of being picked on for being bad, you own it, make it something you're proud of in a way, and it can no longer hurt you. NC couldn't win alerts when they tried, so it feels a little better when they can say they weren't even trying, and by making that obvious. All that does is quicken the death of the game. And right now, even though TR and VS often each have a que, I'll still wait rather than play NC unless some Reaver buddies are online. It's just awful when half your team is helping the enemy. Another reason I'd pay good money to transfer to Emerald.