Why VS don't win alerts on Miller ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InexoraVC, Oct 4, 2019.

1. InexoraVC

I play almost every evening. And I don't remember when VS won the continent @Miller. Why ?
  2. Demigan

Because you joined? Looking here: https://ps2.fisu.pw/control/?world=10 The VS have won 6 continents in the last 24 hours across all time zone's. They are playing as the weakest faction atm by the looks of it.
  3. JobiWan

Must be the timing, I see them win their fair share of alerts.
  4. pnkdth

Last 30 cont caps VS captured one during prime time (20:00ish). The rest of them has been super early mornings or in the small hours of the night and a few hours past lunch hour. So if you've played during prime time during 28th Sept-4th of Oct you probably haven't seen many wins. Even if you play during off-hours the VS only managed to cap 6 out of 30 possible caps during this time frame.

Based on this (rather small sample size) VS Miller ain't doing so hot right now and by right now I mean 28th Sept-4th Oct.
  5. Liewec123

VS usually win the most alerts, Miller and Soltech seem to be exceptions at this moment (for some reason),
    looking at the other servers:
    Connery: VS have won 16 of the past 30 alerts. (over half)
    Cobalt: VS have won 15 of the past 30 alerts. (half)
    Emerald: VS have won 18 of the past 30 alerts. (well over half)

so 49 of the past 90 alertsvhave been won by VS on the other servers, the usual domination,
    but for some reason they are underperfoming on only miller and soltech,
    generally VS overperform, no matter when you check alerts, VS will be dominating.

so yeah, i'm curious to find out what is going on on Miller and Soltech?
  6. SteelMantis

Soltech VS were extremely under popped when I was playing on there a few months ago. It seemed like between 10-20% was the average.
  7. InexoraVC

Thanks, I'm pro :)
    According to link above VS wins nothing in period 20:00-22:00 (oh, no, one Hossin lockdown 2019-09-29 20:13).
  8. pnkdth

3 servers where they have the lead, 2 servers where they do not. This is not domination (why the hyperbole?). It is also worth noting that NC seem to be doing pretty well on Connery with 11 caps, not far behind VS! Miller NC seem to have caught onto and overtaken VS/TR as well. That said, this is a very small sample and time span. I just find it strange that VS keep being spoken of in terms of dominating when it isn't a universal/global pattern we can observe.

As mentioned before, the overall alert wins show both VS/TR pretty damn close to each other (PS2Alerts data before it went offline). It is starting show it age though since things look quite a lot different now compared to back then.

I think I'm going to take a peek every other day now and see if we can figure out an actual pattern (data from barely a week ain't much to go on).
  9. Liewec123

Firstly it isn't just "the lead" on those 3 servers, they're winning more than the other two empires combined.
    Secondly they're doing that on the majority of the servers (3/5 is a majority)
    (I'm not sure why you have an issue calling that domination...)

And as I said, it is always like this, VS consistently win far more than TR and NC.
    • Up x 1
  10. pnkdth

Maybe it is because I grew up before the "participation trophy"-culture was a thing but dominion to me means that you actually dominate. You know that weird concept of using the word in a manner of which actually means. A strange thing I am sure since the word "literally" often is used in a manner which means "figuratively."

Also, despite your little ignorant tirade I won't forget the actual data. But I am sure you can force in a little Wrel-whining episode.
  11. Liewec123

"Dominate"
    -"to have control over a person place or thing."
    -"To be the largest, most important or most noticeable part of something."

Of the past 30 continent cap alerts across all server,
    on the majority of those servers VS have won more alerts than TR and NC COMBINED.

So yeah WTF is your issue with me calling that domination?
    49/90 continent caps from one faction, considering that balance would be 30/30/30,
    49 from one faction and the other two factions having 41 combined is LITERALLY domination.

I blame Wrel for not educating you...
    • Up x 3
  12. TR5L4Y3R

i know people like to be loyal and have their favorite faction but maybe some players that have been playing the game for a while could consider having multiple characters on their main server for a popimballance

i sure do .. while i am a VS-main i do rotate between all factions ..
    members with an NS oprative may have less of a problem ..