Biolab situation explained

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IVANPIDORVAN, Sep 26, 2019.

1. IVANPIDORVAN

Greetings peps, last 3 months i saw a bunch of hatespeech about new spawn system and especially biolabs. Basicly peoples wonder why no one care about allerts or why majority of population sooner or later end up inside biolab and tend to stay there as long as possible, completely ignoring their own faction needs.

To understand this you must first of all crawl outside your head and see things differently, try to imagine how other peoples think, what motivates them. Let me help you a bit.
    ___

All paths lead to winning condition of game. The developers conceived it as "win the alert and you're done", but does it should be legit reason for everyone? No.

We can come up with a bunch of goals, such as:

Farm as many gold(certs)\expirience as possible, because some people just enjoy feeling of progression, or even like "nice dingding sounds" when you gather ingame currency\expirience, this type of players usually very vulnerable to all sorts of "slots". This farmers never gonna guard points for you when they can keep attempting suicide dives as LA with C4 just to listen their "music" of multikills.

Or, the goal may be "kill as many peoples as possible", sometimes it complemented by "and die as less as possible" what is clearly just another way to say KDR. This peoples are usually divided in opposite groups, some of them just searching for a "good ******* fights" and farm plebs there, they appreciate skilled enemies and deep knowledge about game mechanics, other group uses tools like vechicles, aircrafts and AI weaponary which is not permissible and unacceptable way of killing peoples for 1st group, stats what gained while sealclubbing noobs by using this tools just not relevant for infantry mains. And there is always contradiction between them. They have their own problems of proving which way of playing is "right", they don't have time for winning your allerts, because it changes nothing, only KDR\KPM matters.

For some peoples goal may be reaching some incredible mastery in just one discipline, imagine a guy who play 6 years as single class with single loadout, does he care about winning your allert? Absolutely not.

Some guys like Hegetus just want to reach some nice round number of kills by one particullar weapon, he did this with NC empire specific pistol. Maybe he care about allerts? You know the answer.

There is also a St0mpy, the famous harraser driver, he play like this 100% of time. You think what maybe he care about your allerts? You get the idea. There is too many goals outside of game borders, to many enjoyable situations outside your understanding.
    ___

So, my friend, i've been in to your squads, i saw how it looks from inside. A bunch of guys with KDR below 1 spawn galaxy or two. Then they fly to some facility and try to capture it. This leads to 3 possible situations:

1 - all this peoples sit afk, guarding point for 5 minutes, nothing happened, maybe 1-3 guys try to defend it, but they get rekt by our brave squad. Congradulation, you captured empty base! Redeploy, regroup.

2 - all this peoples drop to the point for one purpose, to get farmed, slaughtered, stomped violently. Waow! Nice gameplay: jump, die, repeat, untill galaxy\beacon alive.

3 - all this peoples create a "finally, some good ******* fight", but, BUT! Your commander, seeing this, order everyone to redeploy, because this fight is going to stalemate. What a brilliant decision.

Now think, if a new player join this sort of ****** squad, does he like this game? This is ******* BOORING. Because your squad leader force him to guarding points, being farmed or overpopped and avoid decent fights where he can have some fun and finally shot peoples (in first person shooter).
    ___

And we slowly approach biolabs. What so special about them? Answer is very, very obvious. You know the rule of late night fights? "Do not destroy sunderers". Because if you do, what then? You end up alone, in empty base, because enemies what spawned from this sunderer just went to their beds, well done buddy, you played yourself.
    This rule point us to one of the main problems of planetside - fights is to fast because spawns is to vulnerable. There is always at least couple guys who will continue throwing C4 on your bus untill it get destroyed. Their separate species are phoenix users. Now you get the idea whom i talking about. This ehm.. let's say "objective" players literally ruin every fight and i personally don't know why, maybe it's all for white camo or aurax LA. Who knows, but biolabs in their current verision are immune to this behavior. Before spawn overhaul we must park sunderer below elevators so it can be easelly destroyed if enemies just spawn a tank or two from same biolab. Now we don't need to do this anymore, even SCU doesn't do anything and can be completely removed from biolab, noone notice any difference.

Also, word about combined arms. There is really few bases what have comparable concealment from at least ground vehicles. For example quarts ridge, almost perfect, but this cliff at east.. it always occupied by some HE users and magriders can climb on hill near the spawn room at south. Waterson's Redemption, again may seem like a perfect playground for infantry, but it positioned on low ground, surrounded by hills what always occupied by bunch of lightings which completely suppressing all fights at upper levels of this base. And it is just a two examples, almost every base in this game can be camped by vechicles or at least air, but not biolabs.

New biolab provide us battle, without ******* tanks, without ESFs, so you can be sure what you never gonna be oblitirated by another mustang\banshee user. But most importantly it have, invulnerable spawns, this means if you join this fight it probably will last long enough, so you don't need to start a new one from scratch over and over again.
    ___

We need longer fights(buff deployment shield to the point when solo player cannot destroy it at all), we need more infantry only access areas, including projectiles. Because people what enter the game just want to shot things you know, we don't need your allerts, we don't care. And being instagibbed by mustang is not fun. Sitting afk, gurading points is not fun too.

If you really enjoy obeying orders, this is your choice, maybe you just enjoying society of good guys in yoir platoon, this is your way of having fun.

You may be sure what winning allerts is one and only possible winning condition of the game, but it changes nothing. With same effect you can say what earth is flat.

New biolab situation possibly is the best thing what ever happened to planetside. This opinion may be opposite to yours, deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  2. InexoraVC

YES! These kind of brilliants are the most often seen :) That is why I don't like to be in a random squad - continuous series of "jumps"
    Command channel: "Attack! "
    2 mins later: "Damn, there is a counteraction, so we better redeploy and try to capture other base!"
    30 sec later: "Redeploy everyone"
    5 sec later: "NOW!"

Hate this!
  3. DarkStarAnubis

It is interesting how a lot of players (myself included) are attracted by Biolab battles like moths by the flame:

1. Biolab battles are easy. Enemies concentrated in a confined space, known spawn points, choke points, tricks (e.g. reach the roofs by jumping on the rocks), exploits (e.g. Q-spotting players hidden in the trees) and a myriad of interesting angles to use to fire

2. Biolab battles offer a "target-rich environment". Plenty of enemies around (I got 99% of my automatic bounties there and I am a lousy player so good ones will rack hundreds of kills... ) and if you fancy to play as Engie or Medic you can have a field day and earn certs like crazy.

Now compare the fun and the thrill and intensity of a Biolab battle with ghost capping empty bases or 5vs5 fights to win certs/iso which will end in the only thing you miss (implants) because after a while that's the only thing you may want to have and tell me why people should bother about alerts.

Hint: it is not that Biolab battles are great fun (they aren't after all) but it is the rest that sucks in comparison.
  4. JibbaJabba

Love biolabs. They can be fantastic fights if you choose wisely.

Learn to spot when they have degraded into a massive endless spawn camp - time to leave.
    • Up x 2
  5. PlanetBound

A lot of words. A summary will be fine.