Apply PlanetSide Arena Update to PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackweb, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Blackweb

I am impressed with PlanetSide Arena at first glance. Great graphics and great gameplay.

What I do not understand is why the PlanetSide Arena Graphical and gameplay updates have not been applied to PlanetSide 2?

What have we been paying a subscription for?

Have we been paying a subscription so that the devs can put all their resources into turning another game into the game we have all been wanting PS2 to become for years?

Does our PS2 gameplay experience not matter to the devs?

If you can do it for PlanetSide Arena, you can do it for PS2 devs, now get it done.
  2. Pikachu

XP boost and such.
    • Up x 1
  3. Blackweb

Ok do you have anything to say about the topic of the post?

I see no reason why the updates to PS2 in PlanetSide Arena in the game engine, graphics and gameplay cannot be applied to PlanetSide 2.
  4. Blam320

Dude, you're being overly demanding in some areas and willfully ignorant in others.

Firstly, there is no difference between the game engine used by PlanetSide 2 and the game engine used by PlanetSide Arena; both use DirectX 11.

Secondly, the gameplay differences between PS:2 and PS:A are because the latter is supposed to be a fast-paced arena shooter in the style of Quake or Unreal Tournament; PS:2 is not supposed to be that type of game.

Thirdly, the Devs have already stated that PS:2 and PS:A will be sharing some assets. I fully expect the Tempest to be added to PS:2 at some point, for example.

I can go on, but you're going to have to take a step back and take a breath. Being vague, demanding, and above all aggressive and angry isn't going to make changes come any quicker.
  5. Kristan

There is very little new in PSA to be added into PS2. I prefer PS2 graphics, because at the distance PSA looks like blurred oil canvas painting. At close range a bit cartooney, borderlands-ish. Maybe Tempest would appear some day, I won't mind. Missile underbarrel launcher would be a bit too OP and annoying.

At most of other aspects PSA is a huuuuge step back comparing to PS2.
  6. Campagne

I really like the weapon skins of PS:A, would not mind seeing more of those find their way over to us.

But that's about all, ought to just keep PS2 PS2.
  7. OneShadowWarrior

Your kidding right? The graphics look horrible in Arena, like a mobile phone game, very cartoonish. You must be a Millennial, this seems to be the target fanbase for that game.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

yay for adhominems ....*ignored* ... like what the f ck do you care who he is, what he is and when he was born?
  9. Liewec123

It's obvious why they've made it look cartoony, fortnite.
    You can keep those graphics thanks!
    Also from what I hear the game runs very poorly, and even people with good rigs need to turn settings down,
    (Making the bad looking game look even worse!)

Its quite funny that the best that Planetside has looked was YEARS ago
    (before OperationMakeFasterGame revolved all of the good looking stuff)
    Depth of field, render range seemed further, antialiasing seemed smoother and physx, my god, physx!
    • Up x 1
  10. FLHuk

Video I saw had terrible stutter / hangs with a small pop.... Keep it thank you.

Nope, you don't get to speak for all, thank you.