[BUG] Bug report from 1 hour of play

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tumdaydar, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Tumdaydar

Im just jumping right in with this. Keep geting one shot in one verses one they use ar lmg pistals knifes dont mater i get one shot. Aim off with ar when hip firing not in the target area. When shoting get hit markes no damage used 3 clips on a light were no damag happened. Fight this guy 5 times geting the same resolt. Spowning issue were you cant spown in to any taritoy your team has. Players invise on my side but the can see and kill me no issue on thare side thes guys are engi light heavy medics with no cloak. All of this keeps adding up makihg the inposable to play. I know some of you think this be lag but i have 100ms and server is 100ms so its not my end.
  2. FateJH

Before anything else, I need to remind that the killscreen is still bugged to hell and back. If you're not getting the previous previous person who killed you, you're actually getting incorrect, inflated information about your actual killer. Specifically, don't trust the health bar or the shield bar at all. If you're having as much trouble as you claim, even Enhanced Targeting is potentially giving you poor feedback.

Alternately, there's an even less intuitive issue you could be facing. The server could think you're doing some action, any action you previously tried to do, but have not done again in a while, and, because it has you flagged as being in the process of that one thing, it has blocked other actions. In the past, the most common examples of this issue have been the MANA turret not being placeable and dumbfire rockets acting like they've been flared, but the specter of this bug migth have the potential to pop up anywhere. The only way to clear this in the same session (sometimes the same life) is to figure out what that action is that the server thinks you are doing and actually complete it.
    Ah, yes, I've had this one too. Best bet is to just respawn when it happens. You could try moving so far away from where you currently are that you start cycling new targets into your client's background processes, but respawning will be faster anfd much more reliable.
    A snarky person would say that if it was never on your end then you'd never see any problem.
    The reality is that having good latency and connection strength is a worthless argument as far as this game is concerned.
  3. Tumdaydar

After every update the game just gets worse. I started in june and had no issue now in september i am lucky to get 20 min without a issue. Something is rong with the game and it needs fixed soon.
  4. ObiVanuKenobi

100 ms is not good and is likely to cause some of the problems you're talking about, oneshots are caused by lag spikes not a bug.
    Are you sure you're on the right server? I get 100 ms when i play on Emerald from Europe but 20-30 on Cobalt.
    US - Emerald and Connery
    EU - Cobalt and Miller
    Asia - Soltech
  5. Tumdaydar

Thare is only one server for me to pick on US so ya im on the right server. It feels like the updates did something to servers for me were its just all funky. I live in US like i stated the closest server to me for any mmo is 2 states away. If my ping has not changed since i got the then the issue would logicly be the server ether by the one 2 states away or the game server right?