Current Bounty System

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fisheyed, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Fisheyed

Problems with the current bounty system:

Killing someone with a bounty is not rewarding / challenging. There are several every base.
    I don't notice the certs that come in when I kill a bounty. If you told me the reward was removed, I'd belive you.

There is no sentiment. Before, when I placed a bounty on someone, it was because I hated their guts. They had tk'd me or humiliated me, killed me multiple times in a row or we're good friends.
    When I got a message that the player had died, I was happy.
    Now it's because they got 5 kills. Lol.
    When I get the message, its sometimes annyoing because it blocks my screen and I can't see in my current situation.
    - I also don't recognize the name most of the time, I have no idea who the player is.

There was actual hunting / hiding because the bountied player valued his bounty.
    When you had a bounty on you, it felt special.

It may just be my point of view; the current bounty system feels like a step backwards from the previous.
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

If we're talking about different points of views, bounties were like air to me. I breathed it unconsciously and didn't think much about it. (You are now breathing manually.) That doesn't mean my position invalidates yours or yours does mine. You obviously viewed bounties as a personal aspect of accomplishment and the inner workings of a "community" rather than as just another system to be leveraged.

The only thing that I would draw complaint with is that I think the system needs to be renamed or merged. We already had involuntary increases in experience gain due to effort. High Threat, and Extreme Menance, and the like.
  3. PlanetBound

I would rather spend Certs for a bounty.
  4. Badman76

I hate it, i've constantly got bounties on my head, i used to play stealthily as a HA but there's no point hiding now if i show up on the enemies map all the time. I don't bother with suppressors either.

I prefer the old system
    • Up x 1
  5. adamts01

I don't really mind auto bounties, but they're WAY too easy to get. Me usually having one is evidence enough if that. Not only that, but I'm working on stealthy infil smg stuff, and I have to quit that and play HA for a while till my FIVE bounties are gone. It's pretty frustrating. They really need to be tied to kills per hour.
  6. Badman76

Doesn't being cloaked hide you on the map?
  7. adamts01

I'm pretty sure the bounty shows up regardless. But I could be wrong.

Anyone want to test this?
  8. Johannes Kaiser

Seen bounty markers on the minimap pop on and off. My assumption so far was that they had to be spotted just like anyone else. They do seem to linger a while longer than normal markers though.