[BUG] Bounties - Random is not an improvement.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Scatterblak

Got on late last night -- ran up 10 kills, no deaths -- but didn't get a bounty. 15/0 - no bounty. Finally got a bounty at 22/0. Is there some sort of algorithm that defines if and when you get a bounty?
  2. FateJH

More than likely.
  3. OneShadowWarrior

It’s definitely got bugs, personally the infantry should have a faster cool down timer and the vehicle campers a longer one. I think 5 is excessive, maybe 3 bounties for infantry and 5 bounties the vehicle campers.

Maybe 20 kills for infantry before it triggers.
    10 kills for vehicle campers.
  4. DarkStarAnubis

I have got infantry bounty several times, the mechanism is definitively not working properly (no surprise, coming from DBG :) ): sometimes I have received a bounty after killing 7 enemies, sometimes it triggered after 20.

Possibly it takes KPM into account, or resets the bounty counter if you redeploy.
    • Up x 1
  5. TRspy007

Yes, I don't know the EXACT numbers, but a 5x bounty is placed on a person that gets a 10 killstreak. There is a catch though, the bounty system has a cooldown, meaning if you did get a 10+ killstreak before the one you described, that would explain the delay until the bounty kicked in again. Unfortunately I can not give you the exact cooldown time.
    • Up x 1
  6. Eternaloptimist

I killed 13 planetmans in a row with my Vandal and no bounty on me, so I guess it is a bit random.

I miss the old ability to stick a few bounties on people who deliberately tk me but on the other hand, getting the bounties directive is virtually guaranteed now (I've just been awarded five bounties in one short session - even got two with one rocket!).

Plus, ofc, you can now tell which tankers or pilots to go after because they are a bit rubbish - just look out for the very few who don't have a bounty on them! ;)
    • Up x 1
  7. PlanetBound

I prefer the player choosing to bounty.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scatterblak

That's how I understood it, but if it's implemented properly, why did I have to get to 22/0? I had a 21 kill streak, and no bounty. I have a feeling it's a 10 killstreak within specific time limit, regardless of cooldown?
  9. Scatterblak

I don't think redeploy is part of the issue -- I have ammo printer on my stalker, and I didn't redeploy or even re-up for that 22/0 run.
  10. TRspy007

Yes, I believe they do need to be in a relative quick succession I guess. I can say that i spend about 80% of my time with bounties so yeah idk lool.
    • Up x 1
  11. DarkStarAnubis

Today the following happened:
    1. kill 6 enemies
    2. get killed one time
    3. kill 3 enemies with a frag (triple kill)
    --> I got the bounty. There is definitively something bugged