[Suggestion] Space Map?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Sep 8, 2019.

1. TRspy007

So yeah the devs don't really read the forums, so this is just another wild idea for you guys.

Since the introduction of the fleet carriers, I've been imagining the potential for Planetside 2 to host Star Wars like battles in space, using fleet carries and fighters, the vehicles are already there, what's missing is the map.

Each faction would have their fleet carrier(s), and people would spawn in them. The goal would be to create a convoy of fighters and transports to breach into the carriers, unload soldiers to attack the machines room of the carrier and overload the generators, disabling the enemy carrier. The factions that control the most carriers or disabled the most carriers at the end of the alert would win some sort of areal benefit.

Of course the purpose of this map would be to host massive space battles, while still offering the possibility for infantry (or even vehicle) fights inside the carrier. I don't know, but this might be a pretty cool idea no?

Also one more thing, could we get a longer knife, machete or Katana style swords that would offer more range than a traditional knife at the expense of slower swing time? I would like to see a melee weapon that offers more flexibility as a primary weapon for classes other than infiltrator, since running out of ammo when I am not playing VS is actually a decent concern.
  2. PlanetBound

Have you ever played a space game where you pilot a vehicle? Very disorienting.
    • Up x 1
  3. AlcyoneSerene

Would be a great idea. Though I'm not sure about it being in space since the physics aren't there for that as other proper space combat games. It would definitely work in the sky way high up, with only an ocean down below.

Fleet carriers could be basic AI where they fire at each other and move around randomly, having some giant health and shield pool affected by the PvP gameplay happening inside them. Actions like disabling or repairing generators, sabotaging key areas, boosting weapons etc., on multi-level maps for both infantry and vehicles would affect the ongoing battle resulting in a 'continent lock' just like now when all fleet carriers are defeated of 2 of the 3 factions.
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

5. TRspy007

True but most games usually have reference points, either markers or planets/stars that help guide you
  6. TRspy007

Yeah I don't really care about the location as long as there's levels of gameplay, encouraging teamwork. The synergy between air vehicles and infantry needs some improvement, and I was thinking that areal boarding parties could help tie the two styles of play a bit.