[Suggestion] Since NSO have no MBTs... let's give them BFRs.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Kristan

I know, for some of you folks BFRs are touchy subject, but I think it is a perfect opportunity to implement them. It makes sense, robot faction that utilizes battlemechs as their main armored force.

Same health pool as the rest of MBTs, maybe implement new health+shield system that Vanguards got. Not sure on weapons, maybe rocket launchers instead of cannons. A gunner spot too. Basically a walking MBT.

For me that would be a perfect reason to invest in NSO character, means spend some money on subscription and weaponry, since I'm a huge fan of mechs, plus NSO faction would feel less castrated.
  2. iStalk

+1 only if it can dance when I get a kill.
  3. Kristan

My only concern is how tall are they gonna be, because there are some low passages in the game, like TechPlant main garage or gates at the AMP stations.
  4. Scrundle

The game is already laying in its coffin, may as well hammer the lid down it's not like it can sink it any faster.
    I have zero faith that the current team could possibly balance a BFR in any way, the original team couldn't manage it, these clowns certainly won't be able to.

It'd probably just fire nukes at 800rpm with unlimited flight and a constantly regenerating shield with no weakspot modules or something ridiculous like that while all the other mechanics are something ES but just better.
  5. Kristan

I think some grains of salt have fallen out of my screen, cuz goddamn, you dude salty AF.

I still do believe in this game, and amount of new changes says that developers are still invested into this project, willing to bring more players and keep the old ones interested.
    • Up x 1
  6. Exileant

o_O I think it is rather silly for them not to have access to M.B.T.s They should be able to use the full inventory of whoever contracted them out. :confused: Either that or not have a limit on the small items they are able to call they are machines... :( You would think each one had a built in Nanite maker..... The prior more so than the latter. Or the ability to act as Nanite Repletes.... so we can get people to call M.B.T.s for us. :eek: Call a tank for a droid, you get half your Nanites back and major points for sharing and double Nanites for next 2 minutes. Something to spark some cohesion within the ranks of bots and human....
    As for a Mech? That is not a bad idea. :eek: Allow it to Transform. A (2.5) second Transformation into all 3 faction specific tanks replication mode. It would look different but basically be one of the 3 tanks at one time. ;) This way it would not require any additional effort in the way of balance nor any additional weaponry or abilities passed the Transformation itself. Instead of building up weaponry, we can work to buy a Transformation. :D One huge amount a piece. Say 3000 Certs each. The upgrades can either be worked for or given for free. If they come with the Transformation you can make it so they only are up to level 2 or just under max level. (o_OSo basically, if you want the full tank, go to the specific faction) This would make for some interesting combo's if you shorten the Transformation time. :) Since you would always have someone to fight against, it would be okay for those of us who Careered a faction to work on N.S. too.
  7. LurkingHorror

BFR ? Nice idea, but better make 3 faction specific ones, that the NSO can pull depending on which faction they are on, so they can better complement that faction's existing arsenal.

So Vanu get a BFR that shoots lasers from it's eyes (all 3 of them, for easier aiming), and has a jetpack. Also, it can fire a flail on a long timer, so vanu can consider their BFR underpowered because it is not an orbital.

TR get dual vulcans, with shortened range for balance reasons. As an ability, it can anchor itself to stand fixed in a corner and sulk as it's still worse than the vulcan harraser.

NC will of course get shotguns, dual mag scatters to be specific, and a frontal facing resistance shield, leaving the back conveniently exposed for easy developer access when they eventually decide this is still a bit too good for NC.

:p
  8. IVANPIDORVAN

teabagging is good enough for me
  9. Kristan

NSO characters don't use any kind of empire specific equipment and I'm not sure why that should be an exception. From that point it's just easier to give them MBTs of factions they're attached to. Plus NS BFRs would cause way less drama over the balance.
  10. Scrundle

Salty? Yeah, absolutely. I can't help it on account of being so heavily invested in the games and community.
    That doesn't actually mean that I am wrong though, "recent" development of the game has been a joke not just in terms of balance but direction too and your claim that they're "willing to bring more players and keep the old ones interested" is just absurd to me, nothing points towards that, they're perfectly happy to screw old players to grab a few more before the ship sinks. The dev bias is extremely clear, again, not only in patches but from their social media presence too. You think a company which cares would have either someone who reps all three factions or could find three people working for them that rep each one but nope, the entire outward facing team are openly VS and TR. That alone should ring alarmbells when talking about balance because those people aren't nobodies, they're THE people working on the game.

I played planetside from the start to the very last day, I was there when the servers turned off and i'll be there when the PS2 servers turn off too but that doesn't mean i'm blinded to the writing on the wall. If the arena launch hadn't been a GIGANTIC MESS so awful they had to backpedal like their lives depended on it then PS2 would have been jettisoned already. And that's the SAME TEAM, how can that inspire confidence?
    I desperately want to believe in this game again but I can't do that without evidence of something good being done by capable people, what you're talking about is faith.
    Everything points to this game having been put on the backburner to just simmer down to nothing. The new map? The carriers? The promised overhauls? You shouldn't hold your breath.
  11. Kristan

Uhhh... Not sure if I wish to read this all. Do you have anything constructive to contribute to the topic of NSO BFRs?