MAX units damaging allies should get punished less

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Aug 30, 2019.

1. karlooo

Mixing free units with extremely expensive units causes a bit of trouble with friendly fire.

Basically the MAX owners don't want to take unnecessary AT damage and die, so most keep a distance from the dangerous zones. The problem is the regular infantry are free and respawn in a very short duration so they don't care if they die and occasionally jump in front of the MAX shots.

It's not possible to control your fire in clustered fights, like a 20 vs 20 in a single building. The MAX sometimes needs to constantly fire, suppress the enemies...Occasionally allies jump in front quickly to throw or shoot some explosive at the enemy, run by, giving the MAX units the lock weapons warning constantly.
  2. RRRIV

then NC would stop pulling maxes all together. if they arent rewarded for TKs, why do it?
  3. SteelMantis

Like every thread on friendly fire ever the answer is STOP SHOOTING FRIENDLIES!

I play a fair amount of MAX and usually I try to be in front to shield them. Even if I think we can't push and need to hold a spot shooting allied troops in the back when they are trying to push is never the right answer. But luckily it is easy to STOP SHOOTING.
    • Up x 2