[Suggestion] Autobounty, I have a couple of issues...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PinkHurtsMyEyes, Aug 29, 2019.

1. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Since the patch. Ihave spent about 100% of my playtime with a bounty on my head. Wow, I must be MLG right? No, not at all. I am however a vehicle main. And if you don't manage to get to the requred amounts of kills in a vehicle then you really don't know how to play.

MAYBE the devs, seeing how they tried to kill all vehicle play with CAI, forgot to consider that. Or MAYBE it's malicious to further discourage vehicle play.

So I am 100% playtime (bar the time it took to get the first bounty) with bounty since patch. Even with 1/3 or so of that time being infantry. Works as inteded? I am getting a lil annoyed by getting constantly tryharded because of it.

Add to that all the time players earlier spent actually getting the bounty hunter achievement, and now 30% of the playerbase have a bounty on them all the time. GG achievement.

I don't like this thing at all, but at the very least I'd suggest the limit be increased for vehicles. It's absurd the way it is.

And yeah killcam sks, plz remove.
    • Up x 5
  2. Jbeasty

Posted pretty much exactly this in another thread. You are penalized for playing well. I figured I could flee from the deathcam in vehicles, but I didn't anticipate the auto bounty lasting 5 lives...

Please change.
  3. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Not only does it last for five lives but it keeps adding. So say I die a few times and it goes down to 3x. Then as I start getting it right again it goes back up to 5.... At least thats what it looks like to me. So you can literally stay with bounty on forever, meaning the so called "long cooldown" is completely irrelevant, I can stay a complete week with bounty no problem. "#R¤#¤¤#%#¤%
    • Up x 1
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

Whilst playing yesterday, my friend and I noticed a bug.

Despite dying, once we were revived by a medic, instead of the kill counter being reset due to the death, it kept going. My friend got 6 kills before dying, then got revived and got the additional 4. Suddenly they got a bounty placed on them. Same happened to me, got 4 kills and died, got revived and got the additional 6 kills and received a bounty.

I have a feeling this is one of the reasons people are getting bounties placed on them more than they should.

It's understandable to receive so many when in a vehicle, or when playing long-range sniper, but when you're playing CQC and you don't even survive that long yet still get them, it shouldn't be happening. The counter should reset despite being revived.
    • Up x 3
  5. Demigan

I seriously hope he can see the irony of this thread. "my vehicle is so weak because it has been nerfed and now its so easy to get a bounty because vehicles just happen to kill so easily..."

Also I wonder where this misconception that CAI was a nerf to vehicles. HE was buffed so you had little reason not to pick it over AP, HEAT got faster reloads meaning more chances to OHK infantry, infantry had the damage per dumbfire reduced so they need to expose themselves more often to kill a tank and the range of all infantry AV was reigned in so vehicles would never be hit by something that couldnt render for them. Ever since then flak armor became less effective against vehicles and flanker armor got upgraded to some usefulness.

The only thing that can be considered a nerf against vehicles is the Rocklet Rifle, which doesnt do much damage and is mostly useful against unupgraded Sunderers as a finisher. The fact that the deployment shield and blockade armor are perfect in negating the LA even if he brings c4 (especially blockade armor!) Is completely ignored by most of the playerbase for some reason.

So... where's the nerf? How come vehicle players are such sadfaces about the bounty system when the only reason it could be a problem is BECAUSE they are superior murder machines? Also how is the bounty system making it worse for them? Its not as if the reward for killing a vehicle with one or more extreme menace kills eclipses that of a bounty... oh wait yes it does eclipse it and the bounty directives related to vehicle murder are extremely limited compared to infantry engagements so the amount of people who would be hunting you extra compared to before is negligible.
  6. PinkHurtsMyEyes

I love ppl like you hijacking a thread to further your own messed up agenda. "my vehicle is so weak" that is a quote. And I NEVER said anything about my vehicle being weak. I said that vehicles shouldnt get a bount that easy cause it makes no sense, then I said it hollowed out earlier bounty hunter acheivements as it is now easy mode. And finally I said CAI was horrible. Yet you falsely claim I said I claimed my vehicle was weak. Where, where exactly did I say that. And then you rant about a ton of other stuff that was never said. You should join the trump administratino and yell fake news. Wow talk about lowbob.

CAI ruined vehicle to vehicle play. That is a fact. Not an opinion. Changes to vehicles post CAI have improved TTK but in the wrong way. ******** on top gunners how sitll are nerfed, while main guns comparatively overpeform. Then there is the "Misconception that CAI was a nerf to vehicles". Yeah that objective fact that it was sure is a misconception. You are either trolling, have NO CLUE, or you are just a toxic salty infantry only player that feel entitled to lie to further your agenda.

Sunderers were ravaged by it. MBT balance was out the window and tank combat was horrid. Harassers were lol, and then the amazing idea the devs had that "they didnt feel, that any tank should be at a disadvantage". So they made HESH competitive with AP in vehicle fights, and enter neverending HESH spam vs everything including infantry until half of the infantry pop had to go to counseling for the trauma and the following HESH nerf. Yeah who coulda seen buffing HESH vs AP would be a disaster.... Meanwhile an AP shot to an infantry could not kill it. Not even a headshot. Sure CAI wasn't a nerf vs vehicles. You are either completely clueless or blatantly lying.... But again, I said that the bounty vs vehicles make no sense. Which started you rambling and spewing false quotes about me saying my vehicle was weak. I didn't even state what vehicle. I know I am wasting my time replying to you, you seem to be just another toxic inf player that feel that anything but ADAD medkitspam should be removed from the game.... And btw sunderers still are **** after CAI.

Your entire rethoric is based on non-factual claims that you clearly feel you are entitled to make. Just because you say a nerf didn't happen doesn't mean it didn't. But most of all CAI RUINED vehicle play. Disregarding infantry - it made it a stale, boring non-skill experience that everyone hated and on top of that it made some mbts objectively weaker for no reason. I still don't man top guns. I used to love the halberd but it's too weak - compared to the new health pools, not the damage itself but compared to the damage pools. I pity my gunner when he or she is in a mbt with me cause it's so frustrating for them. But hey what do I know I only auraxed all those guns several times over. Better to listen to your ramblings.
    • Up x 2
  7. OgreMarkX

In many previous posts I noted how PS2's Designer, Wrel, has a central planner mindset.

This means, when he has two options:

1. Giving Players Choice
    or
    2. Taking Player Choice away and imposing his own choice for ALL players.

He takes the 2nd option. Always.

So, in the old bounty system--players could decide when, on whom, and how many bounties to place.

Now, in the new system, the game designer (Wrel) decides. Players get no option.

Indiciduals exercising choice is a central planner's nightmare. A customer in PS2 shouldn't get to decide, only the central planner does.

If this game gets more updates, you watch, whenever player choice is in question, Wrel will remove that choice in favor of his pesonal d3sIgn (tm)

Also, for those of you historically inclined, look into all govts that prefer central planning to free market choice. In every instance, you will find that the centrally planned system punishes high achievers and high producers. This creates a society where doing good = punishment, therefore not doing good = reward. Eventually, that society decays from within.
    • Up x 1
  8. LordKrelas

I think the ease of the automatics is likely a bit much.
    Regardless of single-life killing-sprees in vehicles, resulting it in being even faster.
    Just automatics, wasn't the grandest idea in general, let alone based on raw-kill count
    -- Numerous things can manage that, let alone Vehicles with AOE weapons paired with high-damage.

Surprised Grenade-Throwers haven't nailed it. lol
    Let alone if it doesn't notice a revive as a loss, that's even worse; Unless you want a Glowing target on your skull for longer.
  9. SteelMantis

I like the bounties, it makes me feel kinda badass hehe.

I haven't noticed much difference in tanking since the update, I usually have a bounty but so do most other people in tanks. At worse if I engage with another newb tank on my side the enemy targets me. That's not really a bad thing though since I am harder to hit. ;)

On a side note: Can we add vehicle weapons to the bounty directive?
  10. Blam320

I personally really like the new bounty system. Barely anybody used the old system, and with the old system it gave the stigma that the people who actually used it were extremely salty with what you were doing.

With the new system, it gives players priority targets: other players who are performing well and who should be focused down to eliminate a higher-than-average threat. It's really a no-brainer, and it happens all the time in other team-oriented games, you always focus down the highest performing players.

It just so happens that Vehicles are very threatening towards Infantry, making them very big priority targets that should be eliminated, lest their much greater firepower wreak havoc.

That's absolutely bull and you're comparing apples to oranges with your central planning government analogy. There are benefits and drawbacks to both, but in this case, the central planning approach took a system that was barely used and made it useful.
    • Up x 2
  11. Demigan

Pointing out irony is hijacking your thread for my own agenda? You complain that they tried to kill the vehicle game, meaning they are weaker overall. This simply isn't true hence I pointed out the "weak vehicle" thing.

Why does it not make sense? Makes perfect sense to me. It's like complaining that you become an extreme menace kill reward too quickly in a vehicle. Ofcourse you get that trait quickly because your vehicle owns so much and the idea of the new bounty system (and the bounty-lite system in the form of extreme menace kills) is seated on players murdering a lot of enemies in one life.
    As for "it is now easy mode", who the hell cares? The idea was to make it easier! Also considering the amount of weapons with AV damage that could actually hunt bounties and get the directives tied to it are fairly small so to call it easy mode is rather laughable.

Good, gooooooooooood, let the anger flow through you!

Since it is a subjective idea about how vehicle to vehicle play 'should' be played that causes you to say it ruined vehicle play it is an opinion. Also could you actually read the patch notes for once?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pc-game-update-9-26-critical-mass.247191/

While there were some changes that were screwy like the side and front armor being homogenized and the Vanguard resistance being changed into health for longer repair times, but otherwise the actual gameplay between the tanks barely changed at all. Sunderers were barely changed in the update... You just keep heaping up stuff about how bad the update was even though much of it didn't actually change a lot.
    • Up x 2
  12. pnkdth

Yepp, it is a bit overzealous. Getting a bounty should be relatively difficult so it actually feels special and adds intensity to those moments. In high intensity games, like Dark Souls, they do not put you under constant threat/pressure. I do quite enjoy the auto-bounty system as a concept though, just need some adjustments.
    • Up x 2
  13. DarkStarAnubis

Most of the players with bounty I have seen are in vehicles, in particular tanks. Rarely infantryman, that says a lot about how PS2 design sucks (meaning vehicles are only used to farm infantry).

I play only infantry (no Max) and the autobounty system seems a bit erratic, or it operates following rules which are not 100% clear: sometimes I have long kill streaks but no bounty set, sometimes I get a bounty and I am not even sure I killed 10 enemies.

Does the autobounty take in account redeploy, changing continent or logging out or even KPM plays a role?

BTW the bounty system itself is bugged: if you have a bounty and do not like playing with it then warp to Koltyr, get killed until the bounty is depleted and off you go, clean as a whistle and no penalties.
  14. OgreMarkX

There was no reason for Wrel and Company to REMOVE player ability to set their own bounties.

The new automated systems isn't bad, per se. It's DBG also removing player choice that is bad.

DBG should have ADDED the automated bounty, while keeping player choice.

But keep watching how DBG handles this game, and PS:A. Player choice will be removed at every chance.
    • Up x 1
  15. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Hi.

I just wanted to say that your assumption that because vehicles mostly are the ones that get bounties they are used to farm is at least partially wrong. I don't farm infantry, It's boring. I'm not saying I never do but for the most part I do vehicle vs vehicle combat but I still end up with permabounty. If you are decent in a vehicle you will easily rack up those kills even when engaging other vehicles. It's just that in a vehicle getting a k/d over 10 is more the norm for experienced players than the exception. And it's not that I get so many kills cause most vehicle crews will try to bail and redeploy when they know they lose so my kph is quite low, it's just that you don't die as often. Thats all.

I play everyting in this game, infantry, max, sunderer, all land vehicles. What I do the least is fly. Maybe if you tried the other avenues of gameplay you would get a deeper understanding of how tings work, or sometimes don't work, together.
  16. PinkHurtsMyEyes

I did read the patch notes, and it did change a lot. You just don't realize it. I do. What might not look that dramatical on paper to you completely changed the flow of vehicle combat. You seem to be very opinionated without actual insight in how vehicleplay is in this game. Maybe you should join the dev team...

I'm waisting my time on you. Either you are ignorant to how vehicle play was pre cai, post-cai, and post-post cai. or you don't care and just wanna "pitch in cause you can". I could document a ton of what I am saying with youtube vids, stats, explanations and drawings but I am most definately not going to do that.
  17. Demigan

I played the vehicle game before and I've played it during CAI and I've played it after. The actual combat didn't change. The most significant change since CAI is that Harassers became far too resiliant.

Ofcourse you could just claim me to not play the vehicle game instead, which is a lie. Because you have no actual argument to back up your claim right?

Wasting your time, yes, because you've got nothing.

Now PNK's reasoning is far better and I agree with him. Making bounties that easy to get in vehicles doesn't make it special enough, and it should be changed. But your "oh my god this was aimed at destroying vehicles" mantra is just bull.