Sorry But I Hate The KillCam

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BamaRage, Aug 28, 2019.

1. chayne

Completely kills the stealth game. All Access membership is not being renewed.
    • Up x 2
  2. JibbaJabba

I dig it. A lot. It's a great addition to the game.

BUT If others want an option to toggle it off, I'll support your effort my fellow gamers.
    • Up x 1
  3. JibbaJabba

It kills the stealth game for weaker players perhaps. I got popped across the whole battlefield by a sniper last night. Went back to his location and the dipshizzle was still right there like a full minute later.

That was stupid behavior even before the killcam.

I'll still renew my membership, thanks :)
  4. BamaRage

Well it takes time to get into a position and while I move around that general area finding another position takes time. up to 20 minutes on some locations. They should not be showing the exact location of a sniper period. Otherwise its pointless to play as a sniper.
  5. PhantomOfKrankor

I'm not going to be a champion for the complete removal of the killcam because it would probably be a waste of effort, but please give an option to toggle it off. There is something about the jarring change between gameplay and then the killcam that does my eyes and brain in. I've never been a person to get car / motion sick in my entire life and have never had a problem with a video game, bright flashy lights or anything, but somehow this manages to give me an unpleasant and uncomfortable feeling to the point where I have reflexively looked away from the monitor after a death.
    • Up x 2
  6. BamaRage

I was talking to a friend who just told his son he could no longer play. Apparently that transition you speak of has caused him to have 3 seizures and scared his parents to death.
  7. heyturnkey

As far as the stealth game goes...from what I saw yesterday, it wasn't snipers hiding in a good spot getting revealed, it was mostly some super high k/d ***** farming from behind a rock...
  8. Wargrim

This "feature" needs to go, without question. It is not just ruining it for snipers/cloakers, but for every style of gameplay that requires covert movement, flanking and so on. From tanks to light assaults. It is very, VERY bad.
    • Up x 2
  9. Zizoubaba

wait guys !

WAIT! .... GUYS !!!

If you die from someon's landmine, it shows you where he is even if he's not even close !!!

(amongst other things, if hes at his sundy, it shows you where his sundy is)

LOL
    • Up x 4
  10. shortstraw

its ******* garbage can we turn this **** off

I 2nd that
    • Up x 2
  11. Marcus Limbach

The Killcam is a horrible idea for PlanetSide2

Bad:

- Telling positions from Sundys and another cars
    - Telling positions from invisble Sniper (camper) and another good spots
    - Telling positions from Routern of Trees, mountains andandand...
    - Telling positions from Flank Groups (helper)

Good:

- You can find hacker easilier
    - idk more xD

Overall, a whole fraction like surprise or helper breaks down.
    • Up x 1
  12. P149U3

Killcam was the worst idea ever thought up. It completely defeats the purpose of players stealth and use of tactics... it instantly gives away your position for those players with advantages.
    I may have an amazing spot in a biolab to slow the opposition for an extended period of time but now its gone because all the players I killed now know where I am. Even worse when your a sniper trying to pick off players and now you have multiple other players who have your exact position. Kill this stupid idea now before it completely ruins the game play as you've already done for many long time players who have already put hundreds and thousands into this game.
    You don't give an advantage to players just because they die....you die to learn how to overcome. your making it seem like we should give advantages to disadvantaged players and that's not how a game should perform.
    • Up x 2
  13. GotBuds

Agree!

Kill Cam is just another thing that DBG implements that no one asked for or wanted.
    • Up x 3
  14. JibbaJabba

mmm, no.

It's not everyone else fault that you take 20 minutes to find a camping position, or that you need such a thing to be successful.

Do your sniping, get your shots in, then relocate. I bet your KDR and KPM go up.

Everyone else already knows not to work some given position for too long or they are gonna pay for it.
  15. lamsai

kill cam screwed over snipers so badly, it bad enough they added tracer rounds to sniper rifles as it is. kill cam just put the last nail in the coffin
    • Up x 2
  16. Tombabmo

I hate killcam, makes PS2 feel like some cheap cod. Also that flashing personal shield when I shoot someone makes everyone look like heavy assault (especially at night), really confusing. All this new stuff made me stop playing soon after starting the game.

Also, they still haven't fixed annoying looping footstep sound bug.
    • Up x 2
  17. JibbaJabba

Single shot kill from a class that has the ability to disappear from radar and go invisible. Maybe there is another one-off game out there with such a mechanic but generally that's insane. Invisible class. Invisible. With a oneshot kill weapon.

Now they change the game... not to tell people where you are, but to tell them where you are AFTER you've already killed them.

You got your win. If you want another, relocate or take your chances that a previous victim will eventually get around to you.

Sorry but I just have no sympathy for your plight. None.
    • Up x 1
  18. Campagne

Because of the way PS2's mechanics are, snipers have no chance of success if they cannot aim and fire without being shot at. Can't move as that gives a massive strafing CoF, bullets flying at or past causes flinch, and because the bullet must hit the head the shot must be perfect and requires a longer time to aim.

Just try to use a long-range bolt-action without a cloak and you will find why it is necessary. If you're not killed by randos firing in your direction or a tank or ESF or any other vehicle (bonus points for splash weapons) you'll just be killed by another sniper that does use his cloak.

Also everyone in the entire game has access to OHK weapons. Bolt-actions at least require skill to use effectively. They're not some lock-down HE barrage prowler on a hill somewhere, they rely on stealth not firepower.

Relocation isn't always possible or even practical. Most spots are large enough to move around enough to avoid getting shot by lucky hits and can provide a very good field of view. A few places are just incredibly hard to locate a shooter in even with tracers, when the game doesn't just highlight them.

The rest just comes down to taking time to flank and create a stealthy position only to be punished for utilizing it successfully. Why use a patient skilled playstyle when a run-and-gun-auto-shotgun-heavy is both significantly easier and much more rewarding, especially when there is no penalty to it?
    • Up x 4
  19. BamaRage

I know well enough how to snipe, over 3100 kills on the railjack. Like I said I move often but to counter the kill cam giving away position those moves have to be far more often and significant which severely screws over this type of game play. And it often does take 15 - 20 minutes to set up again.
  20. VeryCoolMiller

love the death cam