[Vehicle] Lightening is an overpowered and spammed tank - should cost 400

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Aug 6, 2019.

1. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Not sure if trollpost. Not sure if just incompetent ramblings. Pretty sure I know I am wasting my time replying but: How about you actually learn how to play vehicles in this game, THEN form an opinion. "so small you can't hit it". seriously.

Maybe you should main lightning for a while and form an opinion.

This reminds me about that post from 2013 or when it was when some TR guy claimed magriders could "oneshot" prowlers. Why don't you LEARN ****, instead of whining.

And yes, I have Auraxed the lightning. And the Magrider, And the harasser. And post CAI there sure are issues but the lightning being what you say it is sure isn't it.
  2. TR5L4Y3R

or simply a novice level player ..
    he has been on the forums for over a year ..
  3. Demigan

Yes! Isn't it awesome? The Lightning is the best example of asymetrical warfare. It's cheaper, but not much cheaper. It's got less health and is easily destroyed in a direct engagement. But it's shape, size, speed, maneuverability and canon help it stay a strong unit on the field that isn't just swept aside by a bunch of MBT's. Aside from that the Lightning is the only tank that has more options than "large AOE is for infantry and small AOE is for tanks". It's still a bit lackluster but compared to the MBT's it's a massive difference to have options like the Viper or Skyguard to at least choose from.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

i honestly would love if they´ll add ES topgunvariants as a mainturetoption to the lightning ..
    the lighning still should have a walker ...
    other than that it basicaly has a halbert, a bulldog and a fury
    • Up x 1
  5. iller

I'm hitting Lightnings all day err'y day. Even with Hornet missiles while they're zig zagging away on Rival Chasis.
    They're frikkin easy.

HARRASSERS are the real issue. Ghost hits a plenty... they literally break hit detection with their weird highspeed Carnival jank

Looks like the QQ'ing of another mid-Tier Vanu Lib tarb to me.... hoes MAD that we can prop the front end of our MBT's on a 4ft terrain mogul and hit their fat a**es, which is how it was always designed to play out when they try to be "sneaky" & run Ground-Hugging Gunship just to avoid some back line Flak. If they don't wanna take so much Flak damage, all they have to do is run Composite & keep their bellies pointed down at it instead of Flying upside down trying to Dalton every random ESF that happens by

Priorities People! Stop trying to have your Cake and Eat it too
  6. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Why a walker when it has the skyguard? Or do you mean a valker on top of the main turret? And make it a two man tank? Or for one player only seatswap?
  7. TR5L4Y3R

skyguard is flak, walker is a ranged machinegun usable for AAduty .. tweak the 2 torward AV and AI respectively and you have some general good supportoptions .. the lightning should NOT get a second weapon to its mainturret like a mbt or esf ..
    why should the lightning be a 2seater when you have mbts for that?
  8. Pacster3

You are so darn wrong about that. I hardly ever fly...and if so then it's ESF. I actually don't care what they can do against air...what pisses me off is that the magrider can't do the same. If one MBT can't seriously fight back then no MBT should be able to.
    Some of the reasons why people do not understand complains in the forum is cause it does not feel the same for them: I got much less reasons to complain about air farmers when my MBTs can help against air threats and I got the striker...than an other players whose empire doesn't have those tools may have. On the other hand a vanu pilot may not think that A2G is OP cause they face strikers and they do not have the best A2G AI weapons at hands(not to mention that their air weapons tell the whole hex to look up to the sky).
  9. AllRoundGoodGuy

Obligatory 6 year old montage video. This isn't the exact one I was looking for, I remember a montage video a while back of a magrider magburning up a cliff and shooting down aircraft mid air, couldn't find it though.

10. Bansheedragon75

So basically just someone who wants the game dumbed down to their level rather than learn how to play the game.
  11. Peebuddy

Don't you mess with my loot pinatas, each ones worth like 2-3 certs a kill.

If you made them more expensive then more people will pull harassers, which according to whom you ask on this website, are the bane of everyones' existence.

Roll AP rounds, lightnings will never be a problem ever again since most of them run HESH or HE. See a fat tip on his barrel? Roll up on him like he owes you certs!
  12. PinkHurtsMyEyes

I disagree with you. The skyguard is the premier AA gun in the current meta. The walker and ranger serves different purposes on it's platforms but the skyguard is better than both. The skyguard performs very different than the ranger does even though both are flak. Try out the skyguard it's quite decent even post nerf. And both the skyguard and the walker can double doing damage to vehicles in a pinch.

As for the two seat I agree. I just wasn't sure what you meant. I thought maybe you wanted a walker on top of the lightning main gun which I disagree on but then we are in agreement on that. The skyguard is however a better AA option than both the ranger and the walker so the lightning is still the best AA option. If you run a dual walker or possibly ranger sundy then you can compete but that requires three ppl.

My point is the lightning allready have a very good AA option.
  13. TR5L4Y3R

which is rather boring and has little variety ... and other than its primary AA role is redundant to anythning else ..

so rather than that the lighning or any vehicle for that matter should have a range of weaponoptions that suit a players style

be that hold down and lead a machinegun or launch a single projectile like the halberd or launch swarms ofprojectiles like coyote or podmissile-style launchers .. and you can each ballance torwards a secondary role that is not purely AA to keep the weapon usefull ..

is the skyguard a good aa weapon? ... ehh it´s so so .... but that is it .. against anything else it´s outgunned ..
    the walker IS a AA usable weapon (hence its high pitch similar to the shortranged basilisk or AI focused kobalt) but unlike
    ranger/skyguard it doesn´t have the proximityexplosionmechanic flak have ...
    does that make it a worse weapon? .. no .. a bit more difficult to use maybe but also has its use outside of AA ...

it doesn´t matter if the lightning has ONE good primary AA weapon .. it needs more options still and/or the current available options need more tweaking to be universaly more usable ..
  14. OneShadowWarrior

Just remove lightnings and only have MBTs.
  15. FateJH

I have no Tech Plant and I must scream.
    • Up x 2
  16. Daigons

On paper it looks like the MBT has the upper hand until the suicide Viper Lightning driver pops out to use their Decimator, Ambusher+C4 or Rocklets point blank against the heavily damaged opponent. It's my own opinion, but I believe that vehicles should be locked for Engineers use only.
  17. Pelojian

anyone can bail out of a burning vehicle, that's not an excuse to make the lightning or any other vehicle engineer only.

it should be obvious players will do anything within the bounds of the rules to win, even if it means doing something cheesy.

i'd suggest you get better at shooting infantry with vehicles if you want to counter people who bail out and use the decimator to try to kill you.
  18. Newlife1025

I'd say switch your controls. there's one for driving and it changes driving/reversing to R2/L2 and zooming in/firing to L1/R1. makes it much easier to control
  19. karlooo

Oh yeah that's annoying. You win the face off but then the tank crew member bails out with a thicken AT launcher lol. That's not fair.

I also believe that if you're a tank crew member you shouldn't have a rocket launcher or Anti tank weapons on you, that's just silly.

It encourages cheesy strats like if the tank driver knows he will lose, he rams into you so he can destroy you with the AT class.