As far as I know, Emerald TR hasn't locked a continent yet this month

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TraatAdmiral, Aug 18, 2019.

1. TraatAdmiral

At the beginning of this month I came back after not having played PS2 for almost a year. Overall things seem to be in pretty good shape, but despite having played for 18 of the last 20 days I have yet to see TR win an alert. I haven't even seen any TR-locked continents on the world map. As far as I know, it's literally been weeks since Emerald TR has won *anything*. A few people I've spoken to have said that we've won a handful (maybe in the middle of the night, so they're unlocked again by the time I check?), but clearly not very bloody many. It looks like the victories are about 75% VS and 25% NC. Does this accord with everyone else's experience? And is anybody willing to defend it as balanced or fun? Maybe I've just been really unlucky to not see any, but, again, I've been playing more or less every day, in prime time, for the last three weeks, so if I've been unlucky so have almost all the TR on Emerald, I suspect. The alert tracker website hasn't updated for more than a year, so I only have anecdotal evidence, but the anecdote is that this sucks.
  2. F0l2saken

It's happened a few times, but it doesn't happen often. They've won a few times this month.
  3. Jbeasty

I played a new TR character over the 2x XP week(s) recently, because I gave up hope on ever getting my original character on Connery TR transferred. On the map I can see that they won sometimes during "PvE" hours when less than 100 ppl are online, but I played heavily the last few weeks, especially during primetime, and TR is just performing abysmally. I only got 2 alert wins in that time, due to NC/VS having an extremely lucrative biolab fight going on, they forgot to switch to "win the alert mode" at the 20-30min mark.

This is mainly due to most (maybe all) of the regular organized groups playing NC or VS atm. Those factions have been VERY stacked recently and the leaderboard represents that. I have never seen TR get farmed so hard before this. They are like the new NC, except worse.

Pay attention to certain names/outfits you see regularly. They will switch factions once in a while and move as a group. Recently, TR has not been the place to be for quality gameplay.
  4. F0l2saken

They just won indar on emerald.
  5. F0l2saken

I can't figure out why I can't edit.

I will agree with what is being said here. I am goofing around trying to get roadkill killstreaks in cloaked ants. Doing it was TR I noticed the NC and VANU would react to my tactics instantly and start trying to defend against them. So I tried it with my NC character and did it against the TR, so far I'm on a 160 killstreak, a majority of them just don't react to it.

I also noticed the TR has a lot of new players that are just mining cortium and depositing it into the silo. When you look at the server population it may look like the TR has an edge at times, but with 30 - 40 people doing this, even when the TR has the most population they are at a disadvantage.
  6. karlooo

I've won a couple.
  7. karlooo

I don't react to that either because it's just stupid in my opinion.
    I think each faction community has a different mentality.
  8. Jbeasty

I can't either, Firefox is the culprit for me, not sure about other browsers, but I think I tried chrome and it worked. I just don't care enough to actually use it for this site though.

Also, your previous post above about TR winning...That isn't that uncommon at that time because hardly anyone is playing. it is basically who can PvE the hardest. During any sort of populated hour, they have almost never won in the last few weeks at least.
  9. F0l2saken

I have firefox to that has to be it!
  10. AlcyoneSerene

VS has been dominating completely. Fighting against VS is definitely the hardest, while fighting for VS is getting carried. TR seem to be the easiest to engage, and the hardest to fight for given the lack of average player support. NC I'm not entirely sure as I run with an outfit most of the time, or solo, and NC infantry gear is top notch and reflects in my significantly higher K/D than TR & VS despite much less access to and use of 'farming equipment.'

I've played quite a lot, with equal time between TR & VS, and recently exclusively for NC. My experience has always been like this - not intended as criticism:

VS you get constantly revived, healed, repaired, random squads that are organized, just not much large scale armor support except the occasional small highly organized armor ball.

NC you do get some of the above, but excessive armor columns that sit around doing suppression, and more defensive playstyles where few fight to get to the point even when they clearly can.

TR, you can sit at a busy spawn point with a nearly dead max and not one will stop to repair, even when occasionally shouting "I need repairs." TR likes to farm kills. Also sometimes excessive use of armor that runs around, which is fun and all except during alerts. Few organized outfits that aren't relying on zerging, and not much special instructions or communications within them either.

With lower population, small differences in factions online at any given time become much more significant. I suspect VS has more laggy players or those with unsteady connections, making fights very unfair and not fun either. No doubt many on TR & NC experience the exact same thing, resulting in a lot of TR-NC fights and VS getting ignored as they cap 70%+ at start and end of alerts.

Having auraxiumed plenty of infantry gear across TR & VS, and owning a lot on NC as well, it's not the equipment; if anything, NC has the most diverse and best infantry gear, borderline OP in some cases, TR having some good gear that's challenging to use but lacking ranged options, and VS I'd now place last since they're less accurate or powerful than NC, with also less hidden potential as with TR's.

Edit: to edit your posts, go to Edit, "More options..." and then you can edit. Save changes.
    • Up x 1
  11. F0l2saken

Their website is incompatible with firefox, I'll try to show you.
  12. F0l2saken

https://imgur.com/a/WO0IJk4

See it happens for everyone that uses a certain firefox you can't type in the edit field, only in the reason field.
  13. AlcyoneSerene

Did you do as instructed? You have to select "More options.." and only then will it allow you to view and edit and everything. I'm on firefox right now.
    • Up x 1
  14. Who Garou

Sounds like TR turn-out might be low, the other factions have more experienced players, or the Vanu are teaming-up against the TR which they have historically done against the NC in the past (that is to say, if the Vanu are going to lose an Alert, they have the tendency to pick a faction that they want to lose the Alert and focus attacking that faction - I don't know if this is true or not, but that gossip goes around).
  15. OneShadowWarrior

Vanu has been a plague on both Connery and Emerald. There weapons are easy to use so every fanboy during primetime hours jumps on them.

Their weapon particles are to blinding, especially in big fights. It’s obvious that TR and NC prefer to fight each other and just ignore Vanu.
  16. AllRoundGoodGuy

I think we all know the real reason why tr hasn't won.....
  17. Jbeasty

Even when VS is getting double teamed near the end of the alert, they still win most of the time on Emerald. During populated hours.

I was playing VS a couple days ago during the alert, saw that we had 30% and were getting heavily double teamed with ~8min left on the alert. Stopped caring thinking it was a for sure loss...

Well, VS won (lol)...Pretty sure they robbed TR of like 4-6 territory or something in that time. I was just holding a base against NC at the time, lancering reavers mostly. So idk exactly what happened.

But during the last month of playing TR, VS pulled that off more often than not. TR territory was practically free for them.

The one plus side, is that I noticed some high profile players were playing TR recently. Hoping some other groups follow suit. Leaderboard is still very dominantly VS/NC though.
  18. Jbeasty

Yup, TR just got the win right now during heavy pop. Multiple groups switched to TR. Hope it sticks.
  19. Ares8

You guys need to join a better outfit to experience alert wins. The TR are only competitive when the good outfits are playing and coordinating togeher, otherwise you can forget about it. The best thing emerald TR can do, is join one of the 3 outfits TRM,1TR or SALT that can still get **** done and let those guys train you up. If we can get enough people away from the bad outfits, we will see more alerts win. It's hard to win alerts with aodr,btyr and 1tmi dying all over the place and not killing anybody. They lack training, discipline and proper coordination.