[Suggestion] Hacking: this game is certified jail broken

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beerbeerbeer, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Beerbeerbeer

It didn’t take them long to completely, utterly and openly trash this game again. The brief respite post DX11 was nice, but not nearly long enough.

All the hacks from H1Z1 are here (and then some). You would think they would at least patch in the vulnerabilities before using whatever crap they used there for this game, but no. The old hacks are wide open as well, with instant collision death, blatant ESP, no walls, etc., etc., etc.

Banning these players won’t do anything; patch this steaming pile of crap now.
    • Up x 4
  2. F0l2saken

This is what he is talking about:

And let me tell people before they try to jump to DBG's defense. What do you think would happen if you store impact damage variables in text files? All someone had to do is break the compression for the pack2 files and then all the files that store this information is easy to edit. The second question is, why do you store variables like this client side. I understand hit detection is clientside, but can't we load variables like impact damage from the server when we login.

The reason this is happening is because they only focused on direct x11, not security, and now despite what loyal fans will say, this game has a serious problem. Emerald barely broke 1000 people yesterday on prime time during a Saturday. It is dying, and **** like this is like throwing stage 4 cancer in the wound.
    • Up x 2
  3. AlcyoneSerene

Was there during DX11 live release, before the stuttering, mouse input lag, poor FPS, and other bugs started creeping in.

Never experienced a more fair and competitive PS2 for those first few days before the lag wizards, hitbox manipulators, weapon CoF modifiers crept back in.
    • Up x 1
  4. FLHuk

Pops head in after an enforced break due to stuttering, turns and leaves again....
  5. sjtw_w_stot

Take what we have learned from Planetside 2, what lessons are to be learned from Planetside Arena and move forward with Planetside 3.

This game is a dead horse. We should stop poking it with a stick.
  6. Beerbeerbeer

I don’t know why they insist on having these files/assets client side, either. Until it’s removed, people will always hit-box hack. People will always cheat. People will always, ALWAYS be able to figure out a way to bypass file check. It’s happening right now.

And people will ALWAYS KNOW HOW TO GET AROUND IP OR HARDWARE BANS.

Again, banning these people is like trying to stop a breaking damn with duct tape. Fix the flaws.

7. Trigga

Great vid, perfectly showcases what can be done with this game, and thats by a long shot not the only value that can be messed with.

Where are all the usual naysayers?
    What, this guy isnt just a bit laggy then?

******* smoke blowers.
    Anyone i see saying 'no1 cheats' or 'its barely 0.1%' are going into my confirmed cheater list from now on, its simply the only reason youd deny cheaters exist.

Its quite clear at this point that BE and whatever other anti cheat methods the devs employ are completely inaffective.
  8. AllRoundGoodGuy

Do cheaters exist? Yes, you'd be a fool to deny it.
    Do I let them affect my mental? No, you'd be a fool to let other people ruin your fun. Go somewhere else, move on and enjoy the game.
    Should I automatically declare anyone who opposes my viewpoint a "Confirmed Cheater?" That's up to you.
  9. Trigga

Well tbh ive spent more than a dozen play sessions targetting blatant hackers, ANT ramers, Archer OHKs, ESF ramers. Those cheaters can actualy be fun to challenge yourself with if you decide you want that challenge, and therein lies the problem.

Its not opposing my viewpoint, its being completely and totally disconnected with reality, so disconnected that it cant possibly be accidental.

I just find it hilarious that there are usualy 5-10 names (the same names) in every 'hacker' thread demanding the thread be closed because cheaters dont exist, saying things like 'ive never seen a hacker in over 5 years' or 'think ive only ever seen 1 or 2 hackers, theyre extremely rare' or my personal favourite 'BE is active now, players cant be hacking', and now that clear evidence of cheating is appearing (e.g. the vid in this thread) seemingly weekly...... theyre silent.
    What, did all these cheats just suddenly get created?
    After 6 years of being out, with the game at it lowest popularity, did the hack makers suddenly start developing and selling them?
    Is it only now that players got bored and just decided after 6 years theyd start messing with game assets?

The answer is theyve always been there, always active, and theres always been players using them, from hitbox modders to aimbotters.
    Anyone saying there are no cheaters in PS2 is blowing smoke, intentionally blowing smoke around the issue at this point.
    Which is kind of ironic considering the current problems with smoke in game :D.
    No amount of devils advocate will change the fact.
  10. Zizoubaba

it's getting bad, I made a post a while ago when I came back to the game after a 5 month break saying I was shocked at how many more cheaters there were.

Now there's a ton more.

It's also having a real bad affect on me since the more cheaters I see, the more I get paranoid about legit players.

I know I've been called out as a aimbotter ten times more last week than I ever have over the past few months, maybe people are -like me- getting a little paranoid about it too.
    • Up x 1
  11. Crayv

I know I am. If I see a sub BR 20 with a bolt action (since VS/TR don't start with one) I assume aim botter. Especially if they are named something like XxYOLO111112 or qopppy.... and I see that at least once a session.
    • Up x 1
  12. OgreMarkX

Just image what it will be like if they release Planetside: Arena. Holy hellfire hackers.

When DBG announced Sol Tech I was glad...I play on Connery and the cheating there was off the charts. Of course if you said anything about it all the Nancy's screeched THAT'S RACIST!

I then predicted Sol Tech would be a festering hive of hackers...and I was right. GEE I WONDER HOW I PREDICTED THAT? Could it have been common sense, experience and reason? Nah. Not liked I used to live and work over there (Asia).

Anyone even remotely familiar with the cultures in most Asian countries knows that cheating, hacking and stealing are rampant.

What? Offended? MAYBE TAKE A LOOK AT GOVERNMENT STATISTICS...including the laws Korea had to pass to make game cheating illegal because gaming is their top sport now...

Oh, what? Offended?

<throws playdough and puppies in the room>
  13. ObiVanuKenobi

I still havent't seen even a single person saying that cheaters don't exist or demanding a thread to be closed.
    And you say they're in every thread?
    Oddly similar to your opinion about cheaters. You like making things up apparently.
  14. OneShadowWarrior

I’ve seen more cheaters with DX11 than I ever did with DX9........
  15. Towie

In fairness - immediately post DX11 implementation - it was 'better'. Didn't get rid of the private aimbots but the more casual asset modifier suddenly had a challenge.

Of course it's really gone down hill lately and people seem to be going out of their way to make a mockery of it all. SURELY DBG could just do a few simple in-line checks on values rather than rely on an 'asset checking thread' that can be stopped / bypassed (according to what i've read).
    It would be unfair to say that DBG haven't tried to stop them, but we all wish they could do more.

Hunting cheats is a never ending story - and the cheats seem to have the upper hand right now.
  16. Trigga

Look harder.
  17. Towie

Hmm - true to say, I don't recall you ever saying 'there aren't any cheats' - but you have to admit, you are more on the side of denial than most.

I mean - just 2 weeks ago - you said this "I see a guy that i'm 100% sure is cheating only once every month at most. Usually every 2-3 months."

I on the other hand are more on the Ghengis Khan side of the fence, I admit. Some nights I don't see anything suspicious at all - but - that's a rarity right now.

Thankfully we've had plenty of people recently who are not afraid to be caught - indeed they seem to be seeking it - to prove the constant sympathisers that things are a bit awry right now.
    (Actually i'm not thankful at all - but - at least the truth is out there)
  18. ObiVanuKenobi

Looking harder won't make posts that don't exist suddenly appear.
    If you link a post that says there are absolutely 0 cheaters in Planetside made before my post, within the last year and not edited i'll gift you 1000 Daybreak cash.

Should be easy. They are in "every" thread about hax.
  19. FateJH

You should specify that the post is not laying on the sarcasm.