[Suggestion] Reimburse unpaid certs per BR levels 16+

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HeptagonRus, Aug 19, 2019.

1. HeptagonRus

Hello, I have contacted Support with this request (ticket id 751805) and they advised me to feedback it to Developers Team here.
    With the latest addition of giving 100 certs per each level 16-100, please consider reimbursing them for players higher than BR15.
    E.g. for me - adding 7700 certs to my Miller NC character SeptangulaRus (br92 atm).
    From my perspective it is unfair that newer players get faster progress in the game than older players.
    • Up x 4
  2. Demigan

They didnt do it for the first 15 BR's and they probably wont do it for the rest.

I would agree that below a certain BR, day BR 50, you should retroactively still get the certs as you need them. Above that you should have a fairly good grasp and cert capacity for what you need.
  3. HeptagonRus

Doesn't hurt to ask, right? Support said devs make this decision so just officially reminded them just in case.
    Oh believe me, I know where to dump 7700 certs and be happy. And I am not even talking about construction :D
    Btw, I am actually wondering, what will make more people to e.g. buy membership - limiting players with cert gain, so kinda forcing them to pay money to get more certs and items. Or demonstrating good will and being generous.
    Idk, I payed my first money into PS2 because I played a year, found a good outfit and wanted to thank devs for the awesome game. Did I buy anything game-changing? No, just some fun camos, some not too much useful bundles, a loadout slot. Idk if other people are also driven by the same reason.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mr. Thoughtful

Call it 50 certs per rank each, that a player has passed. We wouldn't get the full benefit, but that would be quite something, which is better than nothing.
    • Up x 1
  5. Johannes Kaiser

Asked the same in another thread. But from the perspective of someone who did not even get the fitst 1,5k. :) Either way, there can't be enough of those.
    • Up x 1
  6. AlcyoneSerene

Granting 100 Cert/BR retroactively would be fair to long term players - we've been keeping the game active for new members to try it, some of which have stuck around or returned.

Would just need advanced notice: the non-member 10K limit would erase a ton of certs if granted all at once.
    • Up x 3
  7. Johannes Kaiser

Precisely.
    • Up x 1
  8. AlcyoneSerene

Another small something to consider: this is per character. No doubt many long-term players have a bunch highly leveled - personally sitting on one ASP99, one ASP98, and one ~BR87, so that's quite a bit of certs added up till BR100.
  9. Campagne

Actually, non-members can have as many certs as they're given over the cap. They just can't earn more naturally until they drop back down below 10,000.

Previous refunds have placed players well over the cap limit without issue before.
    • Up x 3
  10. Brewergamer

Indeed we should be reimbursed.
    • Up x 1