A new level in cheating ...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Zizoubaba

Ok so everyone knows players cheat blah blah blah.

But listen, I've been playing this game (on and off) since 2012, that's a ******* long time, and it goes to show how much I like this game.

NEVER, I swear to god, NEVER have I seen what happened today before.

NEVER have I even heard of it happening EVER !

It wasn't just a cheater with dev-67iiiII BR 4 and a million headshots.

IT WAS A WHOLE ******* SQUAD OF THEM

I'M SERIOUS :!

All BR LESS THAN 10.

All with names like BAN-107 or whatever.

I foguht them, I gota say, I've always been like, "yeah its normal this game has cheaters, it's an old game, there's gona be more" and so on, but NEVER did I imagine A WHOLE ******* SQUAD Of THEM?N????

SERIOUSLY?
    • Up x 6
  2. gunnner10

Couple TR guys on Emerald got stuck in a wall together, so makes me think it was intentional. They were next to a capture point, so no one could grab the point without getting shot.
    • Up x 1
  3. Towie

...seems to be a bit of a flood of them at the moment - going out of their way to 'prove' that cheating is a thing in PS2 (as if we needed any confirmation).

Have to admit, it's been really really bad for a few weeks. Possibly worse than it's ever been before (and boy has it been bad in the past).

In all the history of PS2, the introduction of Battleye made the largest difference - very noticable at the time, and things were good. Lasted a fair while too.

DX11 also made a difference only not as noticeable - and clearly that's been bypassed now (and/or Battleye), so we seem to be at a point in time where the scum has the upper hand.
  4. Scatterblak

Running into a lot of them lately who can clearly see squatted, invisible, not moving infs from hundreds of meters away and pull off headshots. Granted, infs are pretty hated, but yesterday (8/13/19) was pretty silly. The combination of a 'no naming' policy coupled with no feedback on reports and many hoops to jump through to assess when anyone has received the banhammer seems like a PR mistake - what's the point in reporting people if nothing happens? In any case, it's pretty much acknowledged by PS2 vets that there are a *lot* of things that can happen that might seem out of place - someone gets in a groove, 10 or 20 headshots - it happens. A bit of lag, someone ends up in a wall, etc. If you've been at the game for 5+ years, though, let's be honest - you know bull5h1t when you see it. Cheats have become much more subtle - reduced CoF, error/miss factoring built into aimbots, etc. What's going on right now, though, is so egregious that it can't be mistaken.

So, here's the good news -- apparently, if you go to your character lookup, load up your Killboard, and then look at 'Deaths', you can see when a character has been banned? I reported a botter last night - I was sitting up on top of a mountain, stalker, everything maxed out, squatting, and just watching the battle because I was eating my dinner -- some guy mows me down from hundreds of yards away - headshots with a SAW. If you know the maps, this was on Amerish at NC Arsenal, I was up on the *very* top of the mountain beside the spawnroom (Catlike implant maxed out), and the guy was down near the road! I thought 'wow, stray bullet, he saw my flash, got some lucky shots in' -- I climbed back up - bam, same thing. Reported him - take a look at my kill board this morning, and I see this:

Aug 13, 8:19:39 PM
    n/a (?)
    KILLED BY Amerish

NC6 Gauss SAW
    Headshot

...Name is now 'n/a', and when I hover on the question mark, it says "This character has either been deleted from the game or has not yet been saved."

So, I guess /Report does work, at least some of the time?
  5. Zizoubaba

Cool! I didn't know that!

So I searched for one of those squad guys and couldn't find him, I guess he got banned already.

If so, failing to prevent it, it means they aren't too bad at tracking them down. At least the very obvious ones...
    • Up x 1
  6. Towie

Yes you are correct - that is the tell-tale sign that somebody has been deleted (not just banned who still show - but deleted from the system entirely).

However they do still seem to use the previous 'banned forever' tactic too - people who played for one night and one night only yet you can still see the stats.

They never used to do the deletion thing - which in a way is a preference as you know for certain that they'll never be back. Well - not on that character anyway !

(People being banned forever still have their ridiculous stats feed through the systems - making equally ridiculous stats on other players seem plausible - another reason why they should just be deleted)
    • Up x 1
  7. adamts01

I was 1-shot with a VS pump action the other day. No big deal, except it was from 300 meters away in my full health ESF. This was right when a Scythe I was beating all of a sudden started warping around. It's definitely groups of them.
    • Up x 3
  8. DemonicTreerat

Other than the names being blatantly obvious nothing new here.

Plenty of the less blatant cheaters on Emerald run in squads, even entire outfits are filled with them. Its how you can park a cloaked Sunderer in the least likely place in a hex where you are the only member of your faction, take the least direct path to your destination (or not even leave), and all of a sudden a full squad of certain outfits in A2G ESFs shows up exactly where your Sunderer was placed.

Sad part is this will continue until Daybreak realizes that just banning the cheaters won't stop things. They need to ban the outfits and people squaded with the cheaters. Otherwise people will continue to turn a blind eye to cheating because its easy and more profitable to do so than report the cretins. But since everyone is obsessed with "protecting innocents" that won't happen so cheaters will continue to find plenty of acceptance and continue to cheat.
    • Up x 1
  9. FateJH

What a wonderful form of griefing you've discovered.
    1. BR1 joins legitimate squad.
    2. BR1 hacks.
    3. Whole squad is banned.
  10. ObiVanuKenobi

Please tell me you're trolling.
    If i join your squad and use cheats you think it would be fair that you get banned even if you don't know me and didn't even interact with me in any way? Banned for absolutely no reason? You'd think "oh well, i shouldn't have played in a squad, my fault" and leave the game?
    How about i join a big outfit and cheat, hundreds or thousands of players who've never even heard of me banned.
    I really don't see how this would help in any way and sorry but it's just plain stupid and makes no sense. Definitely in the top 5 dumbest suggestions list, probably even stupid enough to pass the "all players with k/d higher than 2 should be deleted because they're suspected cheaters" by user101 and take the #1 spot because this would be guaranteed end of Planetside, cheaters could get any open outfit and whole squads of legit players banned.
    Acceptance? What?
  11. frankFrank

Yup, it sure does seem ugly... and, so many type "oh, we have almost never seen a cheat in this game" ...and, all the time you see people (with aimbot help? ;) ) scoring 40 or so kills in short time, and anyone below scores 4 or 5 at most ... There is interesting read, you can google for more: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/b98411/developer_drew_is_giving_hacks_to_his_friends/
    • Up x 2
  12. frankFrank

Yes, it does seem so, and it is ugly. It look like daybreak really does not want these hack users out.
    • Up x 1
  13. adamts01

If they didn't care about cheaters, they wouldn't have spent so much money on battleye. The problem is that as soon as someone is caught, they just make a new free acco nt and go right back to work. That's the biggeat problem with free games.
  14. iller

....just waiting on Jibba to pop in here and say it's just lag on our end to DEFEND the hackers like he always does... and also blame us all for having overactive imaginations. ...yep nothing at all to see here, it's all conspiracy theories and oh by the way that one guy last week in that maximum security prison totally died from natural causes
    • Up x 2
  15. frankFrank

I see your point, but I disagree... And besides, why is it so unimaginable to have dishonest people in gaming industry? Questions can be asked, and, if people smell rat in the end, many will leave infested ship.
    • Up x 1
  16. DemonicTreerat

Of course I'm serious your morons.

If you let someone with a dodgy name in your squad and after an hour or so not become at least suspicious enough to file a report the 5th time he's cleared out a room solo or found a cloaked Sunderer in the middle of no where, then yes you should be banned alongside him. Because you are exactly the sort of person a draconian system works to deter or remove - those who may not actively cheat, but turn a blind eye to the offense because you benefit from it. You can whine and cry all you want, you can try to rationalize your behavior, but hard fact is you knew something wasn't right but continued to associate with that person to reap unwarranted benefits.

And frankly the game would be better off without you. Without the cretins like yourselves & Jibba the moron who pretend the problem doesn't exist the cheaters would long ago left after finding a game where the players were openly hostile to cheating to the point of making their time here hell.
  17. then00b

Not entirely sure how many people even pay attention to their squads, on the rare occasion I'm in one everyone is scattered doing their own thing.
    That said if it's pretty obvious they're coordinating with the cheater the account should perhaps be suspended as well at least temporarily as punishment. If it keeps happening to the same people it should flag them as boosting those characters.
  18. adamts01

It's scummy, but I can see a business letting a whale slide. But these br10s aren't spending any money. They're a financial detriment.
  19. DemonicTreerat

Dark Age of Camelot.

Took literally years of Mythic denying there was a problem with Left Axe massively overperforming but eventually someone decided to take a look at the code for it. What they found was a value for a particular move which could be done anytime having a damage modifier larger than the ones that were the 4th step step in a chain with very specific requirements. In other words the sort of change that that had to be either a massive typo (as in forgetting a decimal) or intentional. Funny thing was a few weeks before the patch note containing that fix went live Mythic suddenly was advertising an opening for a new coder. Turns out that the guy responsible for that section of coding had buddies who were planning to play Midgard.

Nor is Planetside a stranger to developers putting personal opinion ahead of hard data & common sense. Samhayne was an expert at that.
  20. ObiVanuKenobi

How about this.
    A new player starts the game.
    Joins a random squad.
    A cheater joins the squad.
    Cheater and the new player are in different bases and don't even see each other.
    Cheater and new player both get banned.
    You really don't see the problem?
    Whole outfits that spam invites to new players getting banned would be even worse. It. Makes. 0. Sense.
    I can't believe your idiocy.
    If a relative you haven't talked to in 10 years steals something, would you be ok with your whole family going to jail because of what he did?

There's a difference, this thread is about an actual cheater with solid proof unlike all the other threads where people cry hax after a 180 headshot and similar simple stuff and don't even bother with proof at all.