The 'Orbital Strike' needs to be removed, now!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Aug 3, 2019.

1. karlooo

The problem with the Orbital strikes is not rly the damage, it's the knock back range players do not expect.
    So when someone uses the Orbital strike it's most of the time directed directly at the enemies, allies who are even 100 meters from it think they are safe but it throws them away killing more allies than enemies.

What could solve this issue would be by adding in a blast wave animation for players to see how the explosion behaves, like this:

So the players will see the range and how it behaves too.
    During an Orbital Strike situation most players think logically. If there is no where to hide, they look for cover or a ditch because they believe it will save them from the blast wave.
    The blast wave animation can make it clear that cover doesn't save you.

[IMG]
  2. sjtw_w_stot

MORE NUKES! Less unskilled whiners.
    • Up x 2
  3. then00b

Construction in general needs some changing, the removal of hives and such probably put it in a bizarre limbo state of either being nearly useless, or OS completely disrupting fights.

Oh, and spawn routers are also questionable, why do sunderers need a no deploy zone if those exist? Only change is having a terminal to resupply at, but I don't see that as being particularly game breaking, I think. And air vehicle spawn parachuting in I guess.
  4. JibbaJabba

I like them.

I've built and fired one in my entire playtime. I'm always on the receiving end of them.

There are some epic bad ones that can ruin an offense. Sometimes some clinchers that save things. In all cases though it adds fun and variety to the play.
    • Up x 1
  5. TR5L4Y3R

pmbs are a tricky subject especialy after the hiveremoval ..
    pmbs need a ballance of were there is worth in attacking and defending them ..
    how exactly that should look like? tough ...

some suggestions that have been thrown arround is to decrease no buildareas so pmbs can better assist with attacking/defending a latticebase, maybe have buildzones within latticebases to build a silo and a spawnpoint or some few options .. upgrading/buffing laticedefenses with cortiumsilos has been suggested ..

however attacking/defending a pmb need to be more rewarding not only xp/certwise but also on the impact they have on gameplay that does not only revolve around OSs ..

as for OS themselves ... i wouldn´t remove them but rather nerf/ reduce the knockbackeffect it has on infantry that are inside a laticebuilding so they actualy survive and be able to keep fighting .... maybe add a 25% to 33% damagereduction on allies? if that doesn´t buff OSing laticebases too much ... otherwise 10 to 15%? at the very least it should reduce TKs
  6. icufos

Love nukes.
    Like to see ground based tactical strike, small nukes deployed,
    You know, for those challenging moments we all have from time to time..
  7. chamks

i say this from when they introduced. its 1 shotting a pmb.
  8. SlugSniper

It's supposed to be an anti-zerging weapon.

Unfortunately, it's become an anti-fun weapon.

A real anti-zerg weapon would be something like that flying carrier or just an artillery strike, not a giant deathstar laser that can zorch anything and everything, inside and outside.
    • Up x 2
  9. chamks

yes i agree. not only that, the glaive ipc also destroys the base shields, which is already paper made and with a lot of flaws. will you fix this construction already devs. im tiered of building a base somewhere for an hour only for a monkey with glaiv to destroy it without any effort. its just wrong. its like these money grab castle games in the app store, where you build peacfuly your castle and than 10 plyers with 10x the power zeroing you. but here in planetside its even worst because we dont even have the shield that cost 5$ per day