Hotfix needed game Is to dark.!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Commandoo, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Commandoo

The game is so dark that I can't see anything, when it's dark in game or On dark maps it gets worse. I can't even play. Even with brightness up all the way. If I use my torch it actually blinds me when I shine it on another player

Been told it's a bug in game by everyone. I can't even see where I'm going and I went to buy a NVG scope and end up paying for it with real in game day break cash when I have the certs to buy. 30 friggin certs! And I was saving the 100 for an armour but not anymore! Not a great start to the update.

Ps I play ps4.
  2. JibbaJabba

Maybe you are hitting a bug?

But then again maybe not.

Keep in mind the game was VERY dark when it first released and was brightened several times. There has been much lamenting over the years about this as the REAL night provided another factor in the game. With DX11, some of the brightening since release has been reverted.

It's darker now. By design.

Others (myself included) want it darker still..
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/buff-nightime.252247/#post-3534745

Also...if you're cringing at 30 certs I can tell you're new. Hang in there. You'll be making 30 certs in the blink of an eye soon. I make hundreds a night without any particular focus on it.
  3. iller

Images / Videos plz...

Anyone who DOESN'T know how to run OBS at this point shouldn't be allowed on the internet, Period
  4. AllRoundGoodGuy

What is OBS?
  5. Commandoo

I don't have a photo since I'm in my ps4. Not sure what obs is? We won the Conti by miles for a change since NC usually lose.

What I meant was I spent 50 daybreak coins on a weapon upgrade when I wanted to spend certs on it. I miss clicked in the dark.

The game at night becomes so dark you can't see. And we all think it's more of s bug than anything else. The game was perfect before and now it's totally pitch black even during some daytime dark areas. It was funny because even with max brightness you can't see.
  6. FateJH

With the exception of people who don't work with video processing on their computer in any capacity.
  7. Commandoo

This is how dark it is. As soon as it gets dark people can't see a thing

This too.

I have brightness full on both tv and this game
    • Up x 1
  8. Pikachu

Looks like the level designer forgot to add a light source to that room.
  9. ObiVanuKenobi

You must leave the internet.
  10. AllRoundGoodGuy

Hmmm, it appears I forgot to put /s on the next line.
  11. JibbaJabba

Best file a bug on that one. Again, I'm a huge fan of dark, dark nights. BUT. That's supposed to be outside :p You are indoors and it's dark. It's broke.
  12. Commandoo

Yeah we all run around lost when it gets dark. With the shine from outside on my tv I can't see a thing. Usually just go off till it gets better. We all agreed it's a bug on ceres server
  13. OneShadowWarrior

Lots of players been complaining they can’t see anything. DX11 improved performance at the cost of other things....
    • Up x 1
  14. Commandoo

This darkness gave me a headache! I was trying to squint to see with sun in my room and then I just had to come off. Got the biggest headache! Like now I can't see shiz. When are they going to patch this? It was fine before!

Arrgh my head! Wish they would sort it out. Makes the game unplayable for me!
    • Up x 1
  15. Badman76

I have to agree with Commando, I can't see fk all at night time, even with brightness turned up.
    • Up x 1
  16. Badman76

And IR/NV scopes don't work atm on the ps4
  17. FateJH

This actually sounds rather thrilling and I wish the PC would get it.
  18. Twin Suns

After the PS4 gets ghosted for another 4 to 5 months, maybe will get another update. *shrugs*