[BUG] Event timers counting too fast

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bansheedragon75, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Bansheedragon75

Every time there is an even the timer on my screen reaches 0 about 5-7 minutes before the event actually ends.
    I know it may seem like a rather minor issue, but I find it frustrating sometimes to not know how much time is left of an event, especially when it comes to the continent locks.
    • Up x 1
  2. Trigga

Its a big problem tbh, and has been around since the inception of alerts.
    Random example:
    Hack a base with 4 mins on timer.
    Its 4:35 on the event timer.
    Current territory split is 33/33/33

Taking that one piece of territory will win us the alert in this example, and we have the time to do it.
    But we watch as the timer ticks down, now 3 mins left on hack, and whats that, the alert timer is now 3:25.
    2 mins left on hack, alert timer is 2:15
    1 min left on hack, alert timer is 1:05
    Surely we will get this, no1 has paused the hack, or resecured the point.
    Alert ends with 5 seconds remaining on the hack, enemy didnt even bother to respond as they know how it works....

Ive seen this type of scenario play out more times than i can remember, its infuriating.
    Sure there are times when you win an alert because of it, but even then it cheapens the win and destroys what could have been an extremely tight and exciting end to an alert.

Now i have 0 idea how it works, but shouldnt the game run off 1 rate of time, or 1 clock?
    Would love some insight if anyone has any.
  3. JibbaJabba

The capture timer will slow down the more pop is in that hex. It sucks.
  4. Trigga

Im not sure its that simple, although it could be.
    Ive seen ghost hacks fail in the same way tho.

Id say total pop on continent has an impact aswel as the hex pop.
  5. JibbaJabba

The counters are disjointed, always. It becomes worse with high population though.
  6. Bansheedragon75

Upon closer inspection the timer is not slow, it starts with 7 minutes less.
    A continent lock alert is 1 hour 30 minutes, my timer will start at 1 hour 23 minutes.
    It's consistent through every single event timer, however it's not a problem with base capture timers as some mention here.