Let's talk cammoflauge and auraxium armour ( NC)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Commandoo, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Commandoo

So I finally got my auraxium armour on my engineer after much messing around. When I first started I bought some cammo that was like a blue hex shape, it looked cool just for like 99 in game coins. And I rocked that untill I got auraxium armour. Now I can't decided what I want. Thinking when I get the white cammo I will rock that on winter maps but what's a good cammo that's all round?

Things to note is that cammflauge isn't really that great in game and you stand out nighty nine percent of the time, especially while wearing auraxium armour. So I was thinking instead of getting another bright blue cammo I will get something that looks more military style. Like a brown and green DPM look, ( forest cammo ) or something like delta cammo just for the looks? I currently use either the standard blue cammo as a newb and no cammo or tri mesh camouflage. I stand out with blue but stand out anyways because I wear auraxium. So it will be purely for cammo for sunder, tanks and then just for looks on myself.

A good tank camo might blend me in some what but really I'm not sure.
  2. Inogine

Arid Forest or Indar Dry Ocean were camos I rocked for quite a long time. Kinda good for a lot of situations I came across, including forested areas. Give'em a look.
  3. adamts01

I really wish enemy doritos were entirely removed. That would make camo pretty important.
  4. LordKrelas

...That would make spotting incredibly less viable at ranges, and make Camo brutally a game-changer.
    IE, do recall Camo isn't free that actually works at concealment.
    And then every paid Player, can mask themselves at a distance, while anyone not with the right camo, is blatantly visible in comparison -- Which leads, to those with thermal-vision (infantry types) also more potent.
    As now, they can reliably see, unlike others -- while long range battles, are also affected hard.

Let alone NC, with the Brightest Stock colors.
  5. Badman76

Well done btw for completing that directive!
  6. Twin Suns

Grey scales camouflage. Give it a gander.

o7
  7. Commandoo

I checked out a lot of camos and the ones I like are scrub forest camo, African forest camo, and delta camo. I think delta camo looks good with auraxium armour but the others look bad. But the others look good on tanks and blend in some what.

The African forest camo looks exactly like an old British army DPM jacket I've got from a guy who was in the gulf war.

Jungle forest camo is also nice for maps that are just green.

The things I don't get are actual camo is just as expensive as say a blue camo that makes you stand out and the plain camos like just brown are also the same price. I personality think they should be cheaper for plain or atleast have a deal on just plain grey, blue, brown etc.
  8. adamts01

They could simply release a Grey, Tan, and Green camo for free. Infravision has such a short range it wouldn't be that big of a game changer, especially because of what you give up at range. And thermal optics are only 100 certs? Not that big a deal, and I wouldn't run them anyway, because of their extremely limited range. But yeah, NC could use a little love in the brightness department. TR isn't too bad in that regard, but VS really has it made.
    • Up x 1