Do something about the Air to Infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Jul 30, 2019.

1. LordKrelas

As long as they aren't 1-ram killers.
    Otherwise, Straight A2A ESFs being higher in count, are more forgiving to piloting mistakes, but not where it cripples counter-weapons - Which is a good thing.

Btw: The most impractical thing is obtainable, doesn't make it actually enjoyable.
    (Like RNG Rolls on Implants, or NC's shotgun Pistol.)

VS & NC, do not have that luxury, ESFs are capable of shredding spawn-points & their infantry exposed to the sky.
    And if you meant, PMBs: That's from the sheer defensive options of the PMBs.
    If Lattice: it is a lone aircraft with more firepower than a Lighting, and can void most obstructions, unlike the tank.
    -- The Magrider, being an exception in situations.

IE, Aircraft being able to decimate Sunderers, any open Cap point, most travel paths, near any spawnroom, typically is power, is quite a lot of Power to call Pathetic.
    MBTs, farming Spawn-Rooms, would love the reliable opening across bases, without the C-4 Risk.
    Strikers, after all, are also only on TR Bases, which is only 1\3rd of the bases;
    Not to mention, they're just the most effective AA weapon for the ground - so yes potent, but ESFs have VS & NC bases to assault, and TR certainly does indeed have their own ESFs, which never face Strikers.
    • Up x 2
  2. adamts01

I meant actual bases. I might have more spawnroom Burster time than anyone. If the spawnroom doesn't have line of sight, it's easy enough to hang out close to the spawn room and just watch out for LAs. If you actually go base to base, between the spawnroom and teleporter room, they typically have very good sight lines to the air.
  3. TR5L4Y3R

pathetic how? esf aren´t meant for staying in a area to pelter an area like liberators, but as mentioned it requires multiple groundsources to bring a esf down quickly, still a AI nosegun esf is plenty powerfull and i dare say even a default nosegun esf can plink infantry safely ... maxes are slow ... and realy if esf get into heavy AA areas .. ... IT`S AA .. you are not meant to be static with what is a papercraft but a powerful glasscanon still ...

the striker isn´t stupid powerful ... it´s decent, it´s easy to control and just generaly viable .. were as other launchers or AA weapons are simply limited or not damaging enough for the ammount of time you need to hold them on or lead the target ... not to mention the limited lock range on launchers ...
  4. adamts01

This is one of those cases where you need to fly to get it. Your entire post is so far off it's not worth picking apart.
  5. TR5L4Y3R

won´t help cause
    a- i´m a bad pilot
    b- the controls are so bad they cause me friggin wristpain so i refuse to fly ..
  6. iller

And this is why I'm always specializing in ground A.A. whenever I can. I'm not one of those ppl who can afford Boosters, a Subscription, and a higher performing Computer complete with VPN on top of all that that. So I can't just walk into a BioLab as a heavy and walk out with 300 SPM like ex Future Crew members. ...No I have to land the most flak in the region from Ground A.A. just to get anywhere near 20,000xp an hour. And when one other player shows up near me doing the same thing though... we're NOT mutually exclusive to eachother. If anything, we synergize by increasing the likehood that every ESF that gets too close (except Ltrs, b.c....of his magical GHOST HITS inducing deflection powers) becomes an actual casualty instead of just a Damage counter Ribbon.

It's a definite support Mentality and I think that's why it's not well embraced by everyone. It would be just like giving all Medics nothing to defend themselves with but Shotguns. Way less full on "Killers" would ever play medic if the A.R. wasn't objectively a great matchup against LMGs & SMGs at nearly every range

PS: I'm not *ever* going to rag on A2G pilots targeting infantry. Every session almost, I pull the ol' AirHammer + Hover build out of mothballs and HeadTag a couple of Br 10's who still haven't learned that it doesn't matter how many phalanx AA turrets are still up.... roaming around in the open of an Amp station is *not* a good idea even against someone like me who's sitting at 20 frames tops.

And I think if people were REALLY wanting to diminish the threat that A2G esf's AND Libs presented, they'd DEMAND a balance restoration to the A2A Tomcat lockons so they at least were bare minimum "USEABLE" again in 2v1 force amplification matchups
    • Up x 1