ASP perk respect for 10k certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trillsiker, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Trillsiker

Does anyone have a clue why our lazy dev team didn't bother to implement a feature that would allow us to respec our asp perks for a 10k cert cost ?

Been a year ppl are waiting for it but i guess we'll never have it, wich make absolutly no sense regarding game design (yeah wrel, i'am looking at you....).

Imagine any given RPG without the ability in the game to respecialize yourself to experiment new thing, that would be laughable xD
  2. JibbaJabba

My best guess is the code for such a change carries a high regression risk (aka, it might make lots of bugs).

Consider for example an engineer with a shotgun secondary loadout. If the ASP points are refunded and the shotgun secondary skill revoked, what happens when the players uses an equipment terminal with those preexisting loadouts?

So lots of nickle and dime things need done.
    That means planning cost, possibly high development cost.
    High regression risk usually equals high test cost.

Cost here meaning several things: Actual dev man hours, and also opportunity cost. Something else gets bumped down or off the list.
    • Up x 1