wasted ASP token

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lamsai, Jul 26, 2019.

1. lamsai

so i wasted a token for heavey assault secondary heavey weapon. i wish they would list what weapons you can equipt. VS get thumper and the crappy lasher
  2. Scrundle

"Heavy Gun" is a specific class of weapons in the game, it is shown but it isn't directly pointed out. You aren't the only person who has fallen foul of this but if it's any consolation the Lasher really isn't THAT bad, especially not when you pair it with something like the betelgeuse (Orion if you don't have that yet) to cover all your opportunities.

The team have said in the past that ASP certification refunding will be a thing in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Instead you should come to terms with your new sidearm lasher and if you really can't, learn to use the Thumper. It isn't as wasted a point as you may currently feel.
    • Up x 1
  3. JibbaJabba

You've chosen the first ASP point that I spend when I get another character to 100.

NC gains the most from it of course. The thumper is useless without ASP but with it becomes more effective.

As for a refund, they keep saying "someday" but I don't think it will happen. There are some technical hurdles to a reset for example, what happens when a loadout is selected that has a Thumper secondary when such an ASP skill is no longer present?
  4. Campagne

What? Are you kidding? Having a backup LMG for defence with a Lasher is incredible. Total negate the risk of having a Lasher as now one would only have it out when they want to and not have to try to 1v1 other heavies with it.

Not to mention the NC only gets the worst primary shotgun in the game as a secondary. Can already take a friggin' Magscatter for free and deal more damage per shell. :p
    • Up x 1
  5. JibbaJabba

The Jackhammer compliments an LMG very well. I get much more use out of it than a secondary lasher. Your magscatter won't be useful beyond the initial target. :p
    • Up x 2
  6. Pelojian

the same thing that happens when you try to use a loadout that has a weapon that was on trial that expired, it forces the default to be equipped.
  7. adamts01

The past few days my medic with a battle rifle secondary has had the default pistol inserted in to every loadout when I log in. Pretty weird, but also what they could do in your situation.
  8. JobiWan

I guess it just defaults to the original secondary, IE ES pistol, just like it does when you had a trial weapon or event weapon.
  9. JobiWan

That's a bug since the DX11 update.
  10. AlcyoneSerene

Heavy weapon secondary was my first ASP point I committed to on both TR & VS. Minigun plus another large mag LMG is so much fun. Lasher and anything else works so well too, esp on Valk rumble seats where you can splash plasma balls from above and make ambush drops with another primary. Thumper is an added bonus.
  11. TR5L4Y3R

lack of lmg primary doesn´t make it useless at all ... you may lack 1v1 kill potiential but that doesn´t change the thumper being a good AoE tool ..
    i like using it along with an emmisary ..
  12. Towie

You are not the first to be caught out on this specific ASP token, there have been other duplicate threads.

I'm so careful with choosing, I still have two to 'spend' as it's such a one-way thing right now. SMG Secondary on LA is really good...but think I should have gone AR with Engineer rather than LMG. Oh well - guess plenty of folks will have at least one 'wasted' ASP.
  13. Savadrin

How dare you belittle the electro-sperm cannon?

Personally on TR I am running the Rhino with a windowlicker attachment loadout because I went LMG also. I have an ASP to spend but I can't bring myself to grab the AR for Engi, on TR anyway. Why?

The Rhino retains Max Damage out to 18m in my loadout, it's a better ranged damage profile than any of the ARs, and the situations I usually find myself engaging infantry from are not point-holds. I might try the MSW-R sometime, we'll see.

As for my NC and VS characters, I might choose AR instead because I like those options better than the TR ones, according to my playstyle.
  14. Towie

Well there's no 'right' answer of course - but AR is viewed more positively for Engineer than LMG due to (generally speaking) easier handling, better TTK.

LMG wins hands-down on ammo pool (not so relevant for Engineer) and big-mags - but it's more challenging to take on multiple targets without an overshield (you'll be retreating instead).

BUT like I said - there's no right answer for everyone. A bit like the secondary heavy gun. Lasher is wonderful for some - awful for others. General consensus is that AR is better than LMG for Engineer but YMMV.
  15. JibbaJabba

A dead man does no AoE.

I've brought it into combat as a primary. It take a special kind of fight for it to work at all and even then it's not impressive. Any other kind of fight and you get to play the "walking back from spawn" adventure a lot.

I wouldn't touch the Thumper without ASP.
    • Up x 1
  16. JibbaJabba

You are saying what you think it *should* do. You don't know what it actually will do as the code to do it hasn't been written. :)
  17. lamsai

the point is that there are only 2 choices,15 minutes worth the coding could list weapons you could get.what i was planning is using the new VS battle rifle in 1st slot and new VS maw in second slot
  18. DemonicTreerat

Meh welcome to ASP. A completely unfinished concept that is now all but officially dead as some other shiny toy pulls what it left of the developers attention far away. Then again since fixing what was unfinished doesn't look sexy on a resume, and with Daybreak pretty much dead, I'm sure right now they're more concerned with convincing other studios that they should be hired because the mess of PS2 isn't their fault instead of fixing the mess they made.