Games seems to be littered with hackers and abusers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Jul 27, 2019.

1. karlooo

I don't understand how some players can kill me in 0.5 or 1 second, how can a human being have such a quick reaction, and such precise aim. I really can't understand. Sometimes the game is literately unplayable.
    Like I just want to have fun and I got these types of players that when I shoot them they immediately start shaking like they got a mental problem (to dodge bullets) and kill me with 100% accurate aim to the head...

In the past someone said that the Planetside 2 developers are apparently selling hacks and cheats for extra profit and I really believe it. Like what else are they doing in office? Does it like take month to create and implement a water gun?

And if I'm wrong and it's not hacks but just a bunch of disgustingly sweaty tryhards, then there should be something done with this problem immediately.
    New players will not want to stay after experiencing this. It's not welcoming.

The game should support strategy, teamwork...not some solo infantry tryhard deathmatch.
    Every single battle is a fight to the death over some point with absolutely no strategy.
    Everyone is crowded inside these clustered bases. Just a battle of waves and waves of spawning players, trying to push each other out pretty much by suicide, because no one values their life and is playing only for certs.
  2. FateJH

Technically, no one values their literal life because everyone is effectively immortal as long as a friendly spawn point exists that is protected.

That's the consequence of a military situation where neither energy nor materials nor manpower need to be realistic considerations.
    Strategys is as meaningful as it is meaningless.
  3. vonRichtschuetz

If you think someone is cheating or hacking, report them.

There is a vast gap in experience between veterans and newer players tho. Most new players have no idea of base layout, positioning or how their weapons work and what advantages and engagement ranges they have.

As for "no one values their life":
    The lore of the game literally says something about changing warfare by having access to unlimited soldiers with a limited amount of people - and the gameplay reflects that to some degree. There is no punishment for getting killed; sometimes it doesn't even have any effect on the battle. The game usually rewards risky behavior. Most importantly tho, the game can be a lot more fun if you don't care about K/D and just play.
    • Up x 1
  4. ObiVanuKenobi

Checked stats
    0.5 k/d
    0.29 IvI k/d
    17% accuracy with 13% HSR
    not surprised
    So the problem is that some people are good at the game and those who are bad at the game don't like it. How to solve this "problem"? Remove skill from Planetside and dumb it down?
    When i started playing i understood that i'm new and have a lot to learn. I didn't expect to instantly become a god, i accepted my mistakes and learned from them instead of crying cheats, OP weapons or tryhards. But i guess it's easier to blame everything else instead of yourself.
    But there will be people who are good at strategy and people who are bad at strategy. Same "problem". Bads will be upset.
    • Up x 2
  5. karlooo

Thanks for the clarification, it makes more sense. But still it's repetitive.

Btw what about the weapon and equipment costs? Is that cloned too? Maybe spawning should cost resources, and at the same time increase vehicle cost.
  6. JibbaJabba

Watch Cyrius gamings "surviving your third hour in planetside"
  7. IVANPIDORVAN

and you never be able to
  8. JobiWan

Yes it's well documented that a PS2 dev called Drew is selling a high end cheat but you have to ask him with a codeword. Then he'll set you up with it.

/s
    • Up x 1
  9. adamts01

Most of the problem is high ping players and terrible server performance. I'll also 2nd JibbaJabba. Watch some videos on how to make latency work for you, not against you. Also dial in your mouse sensitivity, build muscle memory, and work on burst firing at the head. They have some decent free apps that help you work on your aim. Try those for 5 minutes a day before you play.
    • Up x 1
  10. iller

It's Simple

They saw you long before you even see them peak out of cover.

They ACTUALLY started aiming down sights at you at least 400 milliseconds before the first bullet hit you in the head.
    It took 50-100 milliseconds for their bullet trajectory to reach the server, at least a 40ms Tick rate in between,
    ...then another however many Millseconds to go through sh***y COX net or comcast or w/e bad Routing you and I have.
    PLUS 200 more milliseconds for our slow human monkey brains to go through ALL of its extremely complex Cognitive Pathways we have because they're NOT f****ing HummingBirds here! (we don't see things the way Dio Brando does).

And then the "Subtle" Cheating can be ADDED ON after that.

The Tryhards know that they have to use VPN services to get their Damage output nice and crisp to match the Firing rate they would experience in a LAN party. And the really Cheaty ones also toggle between preferred Latencies adding in a litttle bit of Packet Manipulation telling the sever that they're "CATCHING UP" from a lag spike or simulating them having 200+ frame rate advantage <-- which means you'll either take way more damage in the same period of time or on their screeen you're literally standing still for half of that Round Trip latency --> allowing them to hit you in the head way easier. IF they time it just right from lots of practice, they can get the increased Firing rate AND the target holding still for at least 3 headshots. And that's why you die instantly to them
    • Up x 2
  11. OgreMarkX

No no no iller. I have it on good authority (the SUPER DUPER AMAZING PLAYERS themselves) that it's just skill. Their skill. I mean, guys, the Navy Seals are desperate to get these heavy Assault plating l33tfit high KDR players to join up.

Now, of course, when they are in air or ground vehicles, they mysteriously lose their super powers, but cmon gais, they are just SKILLED!

I mean, sure they exhibit very strange movement and kill patterns as opposed to hundreds of others players, and they do so without fail every single time. But jeez gais, they are just super skilled. Did I mention they play other shooters and are like, super reknowned and uhh, skilled?

;)

Oh and I'd like to say hello to Connery's Therum (aka Lazarez).
    • Up x 1
  12. SteelMantis

I just logged out in disgust because of all the cheaters.

After playing for a while I have a pretty good handle on the difference between legit good players and cheaters. Good players are usually high BR and good at headshots in a straight up fight. But even the best players still miss sometimes and still hit the body sometimes. Cheaters are usually low BR and amazing at headshots. The last guy I was fighting was able to make every shot fired a headshot as soon I peaked out of cover. Aside from being impossibly good at headshots he wasn't playing that well, didn't use cover effectively and just stood in the open etc.

There have always been some cheaters in PS2 but it used to be that I ran into them one a day or less. Now every other battle has one or more.
  13. OgreMarkX

It is really bad.

DBG has zero hope of making Planetside Arena work.
  14. karlooo

Im not a fan of Planetside Arena. Battle royal games are pretty much outdated, and there are hundreds of them. I havent seen a game like Planetside 2, it’s very unique and it could be very popular.
  15. ArtyIsBalanced

Okay, so this is another thread thats not worth replying to, because its started by some paranoid newbies, that wont believe what I will say. So, here we go again.

The TTK in this game is NO INDICATOR if someone is cheating or not. First of all, technically there are a lot of weapons that have Headshot-TTKs of below 0.5 seconds. This ofcourse requires a 100% headshot rate (only on this only kill). It can a) always happen that someone hits only your head, and well, after 4 headshots its over. Nobody can do that constantly, most good players have headshot rates above 35%. If there is someone with a headshot rate above 60%, he is probably a cheater, but 30-40% is normal.
    So why does it seem to you like they "do the 360 and instagib you". Well this is because of something the community calls "Clientside". I cannot explain how exactly this works, since Im not good with software and coding. But basically it has to do with the way the data is a) transmitted and b) received. Basically, to break it down, that means that you see things later than they happen, but they still happen in time. So if someone instagibs you, this might not even be an instagib, but due to "Clientside" your client displays it in a way that makes you think its an instagib.
    Second: You are bad at this game. And thats not meant as an insult. Everyone here started out like this. But throwing around hackusations will not help you to get better at all.

If you suspect someone to be cheating due to weird movement, weirdly high accuracy, a godlike aim that does not fit the rest of the playstyle, just look up the stats and look for things like accuracy. That will help. And afterwards report them at the customer support, together with a video proof, they will take a look at it. Dont use the ingame report for this.