[Vehicle] Prowler is the weakest tank

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Jul 23, 2019.

1. boey

You really got this complex. It is so absolutely manifested in your head. Unbelievable. Try out the VS side on Miller and see what teamplay can do. What especially VS often succeeds, because of really good teamplay, despite normally having the least world pop, is absolutely awesome. That's why i love this faction. Nothing better than good teamplay.
  2. adamts01

The Vanguard has the most health and best Canon velocity, does it not? I'm not entirely up to speed with non aircraft things. I actually haven't even used a Vanguard in almost a year, but I've always found it easier to hit with its canon, and I much prefer taking one well aimed shot than having to take 2 well aimed shots (prowler), or one slow *** shot (mag).

I've heard your argument about that extra health and the extra repairing being a detriment, but I'd happily take extra HP on any unit I could get it on. I actually even use the extra 50 shield thingy on my medics and engineers.
  3. Demigan

I have and I've seen no difference so far in VS leadership and the NC.
    Also can you deny that all but one of the NC Doku weapons are inferior options? Or that the NC MAX was overnerfed now that it performs at half of the other two MAX's? Or that the future we see on the PTS is decidedly anti-NC by giving the Magrider and Prowler new capabilities and vehicle slot choices while the NC get nothing and the new topguns in progress give the TR an OP weapon, the VS a balanced and fun toy with primarily NC traits and the NC a vastly inferior Halberd.

Thats all in my head you say?
    • Up x 2
  4. boey

I'm not talking about leadership, i'm talking about players playing together. All the things you mentioned don't really play a role on the big table. All in all everything is well asymmetrically balanced across the factions. In the end teamplay makes the difference.
  5. Demigan

Yes the Vanguard has the most health and the most velocity. It goes:
    Prowler+Magrider Heat+HESH velocity 200m/s, Vanguard 225m/s.
    Prowler+Magrider AP velocity 250m/s, Vanguard 275m/s.

So yes the Vanguard does have more velocity. It also has more health and a shield ability. But that is where the problems arise: The advantage of the Vanguard is tanking damage, getting hit. You cant get better at this, and are limited in what the Vanguard can do compared to the other two. The advantage of the Magrider and Prowler can be increased with skill. Additionally the Magrider and Prowler benefit more from having multiple vehicles present. While all the Vanguards add is more healthpool, the addition of Magriders allows more to fire simultaneously (because more Magriders can peek-a-boo around the same cover) and the Prowlers get more DPS along with their speed and maneuverability giving them a solid edge to get around and outmaneuver the Vanguards at least.

Now we should definitely make all 3 tanks more enjoyable. If we could take away the grievances of all 3 factions with their vehicles without unbalancing stuff it would be great. Let the Magrider do donuts around the other vehicles for example, just make sure its fair and balanced! I think it would be good to make these vehicles more gung-ho rather than the more slow and static peek-a-boo fights we've been having since day 1.
    • Up x 1
  6. Demigan

PS2 misses the tools for proper teamplay, what we have skims the surface. And when I play VS I see the same amount of Medics that ignore your body, the same amount of Engi's that dont throw ammo even if theres half a dozen people spamming ammo requests. The same amount of Engi's that ignore a MAX or vehicle that needs repairs (in fact the Magriders reputation for killing its repair crew sees them run away more often). The same amount of HA's that wait around until other people have forced their way through a chokepoint to maintain their KD.
    And isnt it curious that when it comes to NS weapons the VS do not perform any better, but with their faction specific stuff they do? I wonder, could it be that the VS is superior because of their equipment and not some magic superior skill that selectively only applies when using faction-specific weapons and equipment?
    • Up x 1
  7. iller

This is the 1-hit-kill KNIFE fallacy. ...when you only consider TTK in terms of the activation, while pretending that there was no 30 seconds or more of set up time where the CQC spec had to carefully stealth into position and wait for just the right time to strike which gets exponentially more difficult to pull off the more Teammates are involved in the Ambush

The only coordination that a Crew of Prowlers in lockdown needs while up on a ridge (with no blind sides down either slope) is basically the WAYPOINT itself. ...as it should be, the Prowler is meant to be the Seige Tank from Starcraft with the option to place the Vulcan on top of it, and the Vanguard is a weakened Ultralisk with the option to equip a stupid useless Shotgun

And this..... This is what happens when random Vanu Zergfit leaders tell their zealous hordes to go lightning C4 Fairies.
    • Up x 1
  8. Savadrin

You ain't kidding about the long setup time, and a little bit of luck involved.

9. TR5L4Y3R

yes the mjölnir IS the worst topgun to the point you may even take a fury or buldog if you want to fire over hills ..
    gatekeeper takes less bursts than a halberd requering shots intrestingly enough ...
    the gatekeeper does not opperate like the mjolnir even if it kicks up for each of its shots it´s still more acurate at range, better yet instead of fully missing with a halberd the gatekeeper still allows you to adjust your burst doing at least some damage still ...
    the mjölnir has short range, is highly inacurate and requires many more bursts than the gatekeeper ..
    the enforcer is basically i lighter halberd that allows more shots to miss ..
    in that regard i agree with demigan that both the gatekeeper and the enforcer are similarly usefull ...
    • Up x 1
  10. typnct

im going to keep this simple, go to the tr, use the gatekeeper the same way you'd use the enforcer and on close range alongisde medium range
    just look how "similar" they are

ah and a small fix about the dps of the gatekeeper, its bullet burst time is 1.2 sec+3.2 = 4.4 sec(not 4 sec as i thought at first)
  11. Demigan

Where does the extra 0,4 seconds of burst time come from? It has a ROF of 600, the first shot is free but the time before the reload start should be 0,1 second after the last shot so 0,8 seconds per burst.

This sounds like your 500m/render range deci shot while on a hill that has a maximum distance of 250m to your target... and you admit being 3/4rth up the hill (also farther away than you were) meaning that the maximum range you could have been at would be 180m. Stop exaggerating out of nowhere.
  12. typnct

ive looked up some more info to find a more precise description of its stats and fire rate with 150ms delay between shots, that's 150ms X 8 shots
    wow you really cant read a map can you?, ive checked the right distance, 440 meters happy?
  13. Demigan

Eh, nope. I already checked the right distance TWICE. Its not 500m, its not 440m, its not 250m which I gave with the benefit of the doubt, its +/- 70m where you were standing. Still an impressive shot, but nothing near your 500m. Also you somehow teleported my place of death CLOSER to the position you killed me from, instead of the crossroads overlooking down you put me off the crossroads overlooking the Bastion Gate. And lets not forget how you changed a more than 1 and a half hour vehicle fight at the bastion into "15 Prowlers and 7 basilisk Vanguards". I personally killed at least 6 Prowlers in that time, you telling me I managed to kill more than 1/3rd of the total Prowler force in my Lightning?

As for the info, could you SHARE that info with us? Where's the source? How reliable is it? Is it an old source? Wouldnt the best way right now be to just record a few shots and watch it frame by frame in an editor?
  14. Savadrin

You pull a bulldog/fury, I'll pull a boombox and lets play best of 50. I will win at 26-0.
  15. Demigan

Apples and oranges. You dont really attack furies and bulldogs with a mjolnir. You use the Mjolnir to attack the opposition, the Magrisers, Prowlers, Saron/Vulcan/Halberd Harassers, the infantry etc. And the Fury at least has better balance between AV and AI.
  16. LodeTria

Sunderers do infact have furies, and some wolly harasser drivers.
    What point are you trying to make here lol.
  17. Savadrin

He said one might choose the fury or bulldog over the Mjolnir, not me. I was just offering to take him up on that and see how it pans out.
    • Up x 1
  18. Savadrin

The fury actually does work in H v H fights, but nowhere NEAR the level of the Boombox.
  19. TR5L4Y3R

i mean we could do that but

1. i am not a skilled player
    2. considering that these turretoptions are on platforms that need a dedicated driver make this more difficult for a good comparison other than slugfesting ..

you rather see me use lightnings than harrassers or mbt´s were either i have to focus on primarily driving them or hope another player has the loadout i want to go with when chossing to topgun instead of maincannoning/driving ... which is very unlikely ...
  20. Savadrin

Do you play on Emerald? If so just hit me up in game on any of the three listed chars in my sig. I have a Jeep completely (usefully) certed on TR and decently well on the other two factions, and I'm more than happy to drive for you, gun for you, or whatever. Often there's enough people to be able to do something like set a location and duke it out to test things. If not, live play test is best test. This weekend I likely won't be able to play but maybe from sunday evening on.