[BUG] As a passionate Construction Player - TAKE IT OUT! Or...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Toldeman, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Toldeman

The builded bases do not anything to the Grid-Capture.
    • The Module "Thing" is frustrating and horrible to use. Many anoying "Speedbumps" in the base.
    • The Spawntube is USELESS - ONE Enemy can take it down within SECONDS
    • the PAIN- T-O-W-E-R-S, have a Range of 3 Meters. This is from my Desk to my ******* BED!!
    • The UI is horrible: "Collides with an other Object" Ok, BUT WITH WHAT OBJECT, FFS!
    • The "can not see through my own shield" Bug is still there (No Connection to the base, if you are behind a gate shield)
    • NO UI for the base owner at all. How much Cortium is left? Where is my base? What is damaged?
    • Loveless "No building areas". Its Monday, i have a hangover, lets draw a ******* "no build circle" on every base, no matter the Environment.
    • Capturing:
      • One Spy is enough to take out the Spawntube. If he is patient, thanks to the stupid "Ammo-printer", he can go for the modules too.
      • 2 Guys or one Harasser can rip off a base within seconds. Spawntube (5 Seconds), AI Modules (10 Seconds, Reps Modules, and so on.)
    • we are NOT able to build a base on slightly sloppy terrain. It MUST BE FLAT! Amerish? Hillside base? ROFL, NO!
    • we can not build on Rocks
    • we can not build over plants with a collider
    • we can not build a wall, because the wall bottom is spread out, so... COLLIDING WITH AN OTHER OBJECT
    Get your things together, or take the construction out - completly. And i LOVE Construction and payed almost 120 EUR.

But! I leave a suggestion here:
    • Slopy hills? let the Walls and gates rotate on these axis too
    • spawntube? get ris of this and merge it with the pillbox. A tiny spawnroom, that reapirs itself, if we have cortium in the silo.
    • ai and repair modules. get rid of that too and implement the repairratio into a submenue. The Player can choose, if he wants to use 100% Repair on the towers, or level it out to all buildings.
    • a small UI on the bottom of the screen: Where is the silo! How much is left! What is damaged. and so on.
    • Abdoned Silos should drain MUCH faster.
    I rage quit ps2 so often, when i build up a base (30 minutes ) 500 meters from a huge battle and TWO Harraser guys showed up and rip it of within seconds. No One cares (Orital Strike set up, Spawntube set up, Vehicle deplay set up, Air vehicle set up, Groundvehicle Ammo Suply set up, Router set up.) All the work is gone within seconds by one Harrasser.

So, please get this thing in perspective or drop the construction at all.

I love construction, but this one.... SUCKS.
    ;)
    • Up x 14
  2. OgreMarkX

I can't like this post enough Toldeman.

DBG missed the mark on construction so badly it would be like America nuking Iowa instead of Japan in WW2.

Also, GREAT job on a well written and informative post.

Meanwhile, DBG never reads them <insert excuse here>.
    • Up x 1
  3. iller

Well when talking about a Vulcan harrasser.... whatever they pull up right next to is going to be burned down in a single Spool. Hex base turrets, Sundies, even an ESF chasing them. I think the only thing they have to reload on is a parked Galaxy

It's unfortunate but defending a base is a 2 man job and you can almost never ever find anyone anywhere who wants to babysit these things. That's probably the thing that needs addressing first... the INCENTIVES
  4. Savadrin

This is a mild exaggeration, but I will give you two spools for mostly anything.

Aside from that, I like all of OPs suggestions, because they are a real annoyance. Some of it (the base tankiness) is already on the slate to be addressed.
    • Up x 1
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

You don't even need ammo printer if you have the Amaterasu since it has has unlimited waves that deal 450 damage at 2 metres. After about 18 hits and woosh, the tube is gone. Happened to me a few times. Went to get cortium, came back, tube was gone.

I like your idea for the pillbox, though I would say rather than merge it, have two variations. Keep the lower health one we currently have so that can be used for those 'wonky' base designs and positions, but have an alternative, larger version as well. This one could have the same spawn tube look that we see in spawn rooms built into the side or the back somewhere of the pillbox.

I also think the bunkers need a bit of a redesign. Maybe it's just me but you can't see squat out of those squinty box windows. The external parts of the bunker are just so...thick and they serve almost no purpose other than to get in the way. The bunker is a nice thing to have after the infantry terminal got added, but in its current state, that's all it has going for it. There's also enough room on top to allow players to add turret, so that could be a potential addition too.
    • Up x 1
  6. TRspy007

Construction is either really annoying to attack (AI turrets, shields, pain fields, repair) or really annoying to defend if you build a base by yourself, especially if you don't have everything unlocked.

I'd rather see the pain fields removed, a sort of bunker spawn room instead of the crappy spawn tubes, and especially more work done to make the buildings and the overall concept of PMBs sustain a fun infantry fight (which is definitely not the case) Tiny, not aligned windows, automated turrets and pain fields that shred infantry should not exist, they are detrimental to fun gameplay.

Also the no construction zones need rework. Especially if I'm just a dude trying to set up a router for my team, I have to find a spot with enough cortium and a deploy zone to build my things, and then by the time I travel all the way to the fight, it's gone, or if the router gets destroyed, getting another one is...yeah.

There needs to be something done to incorporate PMBs into actually useful, tactical parts of the game, and that are also fun for both attacker and defender to play. Right now they're either total death traps, or puny, laughably scattered items. I suggested perhaps incorporating trains as part of the construction system, to build rails and generate convoys to and from PMBs. In sort make them advanced posts, mount artillery on the train so it can generate vehicle fights, and yeah, come up with stuff to make the construction system fun, instead of the stupid OS that are so futile and annoying 99.9% of times.
  7. Savadrin

I'm all for reducing the no-construction zones to right next to actual bases. Put them on a separate mechanic than the no-deploy. Augmenting lattice bases would make construction useful.

As for the router - it's not too bad. My method is to fill an ant, build a base literally anywhere since there's currently no distance limit from spire > router and put up:
    Silo
    Spawn Tube
    Routing Spire
    Light Air terminal

That's it. You can get multiple Valk pulls to get you back quickly before you ever need to refill the Silo.
    • Up x 2
  8. Beerbeerbeer

They should allow us to build structures within existing bases; I would be all over construction if they allowed us to do that.

I have absolutely no interest wasting my time building something out in the middle of nowhere.

Let me fortify an existing base and I’ll be all over it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Savadrin

The troll factor potential for this is simply too great. Even for me, and I would be pioneering methods while watching what's left of my soul disintegrate.
  10. Beerbeerbeer

I’m not trolling. I’m dead serious.

I could care less about building a base out in Timbuktu.

I use to love hunkering down in bases when there were no Sunderer deploy restrictions, defending it at all costs. That’s all I did, find a base, deploy a Sunderer in some ingenious location near point and defend. I had so much fun doing this, and there were many others who did the same. Taking over bases was hard, now it’s nothing.

Allowing us to build structures within existing bases (to a certain extent) would follow along those fortified lines. There would have to be certain restrictions, I mean you can’t block doors with structures, but I would have a lot of fun fortifying a base with construction. Others would, too.
    • Up x 1
  11. OneShadowWarrior

They should have made base construction relevant with regular bases along time ago.
    • Up x 1
  12. Savadrin

I definitely would, no doubt. Granted that they could implement the rules to prevent bunkers from being dropped on top of points or vehicle gates inside of walls so that they can never be killed or bypassed, etc., I'm down.
  13. iller

Those rules already exist. You can't even place those items over most types of FLAT ROCK surfaces, much less against every kind of tree root or Walled pre-fab. They thought of almost everything ... except for a Flail tagger doing a fly-by corkscrew to land Artillery inside the No Deploys
  14. TRspy007

It's true but there's that spawn tube bug and also the base is vulnerable to a lone dude
  15. Savadrin

This is true. It's also a sub 5 minute affair to rebuild completely, and if you're close to WG then the odds of someone wandering by diminish greatly. It's cheesy, but quite effective.
  16. chamks

and what about that the ******* skywall is destroyed for few seconds when the big emp launcher hits it??!! isnt the base is paper and i-relevant enough to not make it completly defense less.
  17. PlanetBound

Collect all the parts and drop a ready made base complete with everything you have in your toolkit.
  18. Ledess31

1 year later, all bugs still here...
    But to counter the harasser you have to build in a strategic place, and play with environnement !

But please, fix this bug : we don't see the little balls who help us to place the build... it's very frustrating
    • Up x 1
  19. Peebuddy

The various towers and bunkers need spawn tube "slots" where you can attach the elisium spawn tube to. The whole idea that it has to be on dirt is beyond dumb. Fact attachment slots for modules would also be great since as you said they just get in the way.

Also a simple "attach" ability for walls to hook onto other walls and towers without having to dance around getting the perfect angle would GREATLY reduce the time required to build a base. Having to construct something and deconstructing it because there's a crack in it is very annoying.
    • Up x 3
  20. Demigan

Construction needs to:

• Be quicker and easier when out of combat. You should be able to set up a base in mere minutes.
      • One way that this could be achieved is by allowing players to access to drone from the Silo. This Drone does not need to return to the Silo for each template and can place buildings in rapid succession while it also offers better overview of the area and placement of the item.
    • Offer support for the area it's in. If all players can buy a utility item that allows them to fire a small version of the Flail or a damaging Glaive if a PMB is build in the area it provides a valuable service to everyone when attacking or defending a base or PMB.
      • PMB's could also offer support by offering long-range spawn abilties, connect to factionless teleporters scattered in the area, connect to faction-deployed teleporters in the area, open up alternative lattice-links, the ability to scan the area for particular or general threats and increase the amount of information gathered from scout equipment (like if the target is above or below you, what class it is, what vehicle it is, the general position of friendly and enemy troops in the last minute etc).
    • Offer advantages when the frontline moves away from it. Nothing is as frustrating as building a PMB only to have the battle move away. If redeploy gets nerfed (not removed) then PMB's could function as logistical bases. They could also offer solid spawn options as quick as any Sunderer and also generate items&utilities that players can pick up and bring along as defensive or offensive equipment.
      • Example: An item with 30m radius that prevents a nearby point from being captured.
      • deployable shieldwalls
      • non-Sunderer spawns to use in bases
      • portable generators that power local items in a base (gravlifts, jumppads, turrets, additional spawns, item generators etc).
      • Faction-wide drop-pod beacons
    • Up x 2