How much does KILL/DEATH (KD) mean for planetside players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Commandoo, Jul 19, 2019.

1. pnkdth

Autism does not preclude you from reason or logic but well done for being an a*** for using mental illness as a cudgel to make a point. Kind of amazing that we have this wealth of knowledge at our fingertips yet most people get their medical knowledge from low IQ edgelords on YT.
    • Up x 1
  2. OneShadowWarrior

I personally wish they would remove Stats, I get sick of people being obsessed with it.

It’s a game, enjoy yourself, forget stats they don’t mean anything.
  3. CrazyMike

Not everyone cares about it. If you have ever been in an outfit that constantly drops you to your death every few minutes your KDR is ****.
  4. Savadrin

If this was a deathmatch lobby shooter with matchmaking, KDR would matter a lot more.

This game for me is about the fun and vehicle play. We do ridiculous crap for laughs, so KD is essentially irrelevant to me.

As mentioned, there are a hundred ways to inflate stats in this game. I remember a guy here who used to brag about his 14KDR and epeen all over everyone, until he let slip his character name and then everyone found out he was making characters to get killstreaks with the AirHammer and then retiring them to preserve the KD. lel.
  5. FIN Faravid

It does not usually mean anything to me, but due share scale of the war its harder to notice your own impact on battles, so many look at K/D to see how well they are doing. What else would they look at? Many might know the answer, but lot of people, especially less experienced players, don't.

Even things like how much time you have spent on flag don't necessarily tell if you are actively doing something useful or if you are camping.

This i see as one of the biggest problems with MMOFPS genre, it can be really hard to see your own impact on the game. Its not anywhere near as obvious as it is in most games. Its hard to make players feel like they are doing something meaningful if they feel like it does not matter if they die 20 times or kill 20 enemies, they still loose the battle.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

everyone enjoys playing games differently, some causual who don´t give a crap about stats, others however like to see how they perform and thus stats help for them wanting to get better or stay consistent ..

frankly no one gives a crap if you are getting sick on people bothering bout stats .. just let them if they want to .. enjoy the game your way, let them enjoy the game their way .. done ...
    we don´t have to enjoy a game all the same way ..
  7. JibbaJabba

Care about your KD relative to yourself. Same with your other stats. Use them to help you know where to improve. An improved KD means less time walking back from spawn which means more fun. But don't worry what your stats are relative to other people. It's not a contest like that.