3rd implant slot for members and some changes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jul 22, 2019.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Some implants are just plain odd Fortify, Ransack, Salvage, Overdrive, even some of the exceptional implants are odd.

Can there possibly be a 3rd implant slot for members that are class specific or exceptional implant use only?

Furthermore, some implants need serious fine tuning. Running to a capture point trying to activate Fortify implant is a pain.
    Salvage and ransack should allow you to scavenge from the enemies remains not always rely on kills. You never know when overdrive even activates. All the implants need fine tuning in their effects on activation, sound bytes, special effects or credit for their use.
  2. Skraggz

Absolutely not, this would be a prime example of pay to win.
    • Up x 10
  3. Liewec123

they should give NSO a third implant slot to make up for the lack of weapons, max, MBT, ESF
    (and always playing on the losing faction)

outside of that i don't think members should get a 3rd implant slot for normal NC TR and VS characters
  4. TR5L4Y3R

yea screw you too ....
    • Up x 1
  5. Skraggz

OR.... hear me out.... Or they could just fixed what you just listed instead of paywalling 3 implants....
  6. HelioUSP

How about everybody gets a third implant slot? Nothing to lose at this point.
    • Up x 1
  7. Skraggz

This is fair, I don't oppose this. Only thing I question is does 3 break balance or nah?
  8. Hegeteus

Hard to say, but I would guess not. There are a lot of enabler type of implants for various playstyles, but none of those concern the dominant class (HA). HAs like all others would be a bit more powerful, but I think the 3rd implant slot could bring more value to other things.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

i dare say it would ..

example engineer bionics + jockey + robotics technician might be a bit powerfull

or take out robotechnician and put in assimilate for constant shield generation even if being static ...

how bout fortify with bionics and assimilate?

safefall, paratrooper and areal combatant?

..... i think it could be borderline broken ...
    • Up x 1
  10. OneShadowWarrior

Some of the implants are clearly underutilized, actually the original Planetside you did have 3 implant slots, but you couldn’t just change them in your loadout on the fly. They had to be changed at implant terminals.
  11. FateJH

The biggest distance you have to measure-out properly is the expanse between using three implants and using no implants.
  12. JibbaJabba

As a member I say: Never for members, no. That's P2W.

As possibly a 3rd level of ASP. ...ie, make it to BR100 *again* … maybe. I think overall it's a bad idea though. It will wreck some balance. Some combos of three would just be way OP.
  13. HelioUSP

After reconsidering and reading some others' thoughts on here, yeah, probably a bad idea. I was only considering medic. The last thing heavy, light and infil need is a buff. Medic is underplayed for a reason (not counting zerg/biolab cert grinding) and could use a slight buff.
    • Up x 1
  14. GotBuds

DBG should give everyone a 3rd implant just for making us put up with their impotent and inept addition of the NSO characters.
  15. IVANPIDORVAN

Ofcource it will break balance, i agree, some loadouts begging for 3rd slot, for example ambusher LA always sacrifice one to safe fall, but just imagine: Carapace + Vampire + Nightmare + Power Knife = this would end up very, very badly, currently you can't stack carapace with both, so you must chose heal or cloak. And it is only one, most obvious abuse. So no, we don't need 3rd slot in any form, but yes, some implants require rework and tweaking, again just for example - regeneration 5 should start healing after 1 sec (not10) if you kill someone with headshot and only then it will be viable option to replace statpadkits. Also we need new suit slot for light assaults with safe fall effect, at least like rank1. Butcher should have tube mag mechanic form pump shotties. NSOPS should have MBT and ESF. Autoshotgun shoud have 100dmg per pellet while default and highcapacity one should have 125 (currently it's opposite), archer require 2.5 headshot multiplier, we need way to craft exceptionals etc etc etc etc FORGET ABOUT IT. I don't know what DBG do, but clearly we never be able to see all of this small tweaks. So stop suggesting stuff, especially imbalanced op things like 3rd implant slot.
  16. Skraggz

I think me and you are on the same page, not sure why you quoted me... I didn't make the OP.
  17. TRspy007

IF they ever add a third implant, it would have to be for everyone and not on every class. For example the heavy or max would just not be balanced with 3 implants in the hands of good players. I also think stalker infils should not get access to 3 implants, at least not when they equip stalker to prevent some knife abusing use of implants.