Hello Boys, ya miss me?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BamaRage, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Crash Bandicoot

I agree with Jibba and he shows no bias whatsoever unlike others that, if I remember correctly, were accusing people of crying about their favorite faction while they flood the forums with their whining in every thread. But I know...you only cry for a reason and the others just cry right? Yeah right...

The Bishop is objectively the worst...

Dragoon= 1.203 KDR (1.899 BR100+)
    Bishop= 1.277 KDR (1.973 BR100+)
    Obelisk= 1.526 KDR (2.024 BR100+)

I thought you liked statistics and this is a simple example of how objectively correct some of you are. Presenting your opinion as a fact and saying it is objective yourselves with assumptions and biased arguments won't make your points valid. You might not be wrong at everything you say but it all comes down to a biased opinion driven by emotion. It's a never-ending cycle with you guys. Just relax and stop with this conspiracy against your faction bullcr*p!
  2. JibbaJabba

Go round up some TR and VS fanbois and compile their "worst" lists and get back to me. Also be prepared to fight tooth and nail to prove all of your assertions above (with possibly an exception for the maxes today).
  3. TR5L4Y3R

wow nice you show statistics of one weapon ... we are now all completely corrected that the NC doesn´t have nummerous options that perform worse than their faction counterparts ... ok ...
  4. typnct

you know, the 167 gladius get a nerf attachment which takes 9 bullets and gives a useless module, you got a 200dmg 500 rpm smg, what are you complaining about? the hardest hitting smg in the game? with 3 shot kill potential ?

the gatekeeper - the lowest dps weapon by far from every other weapon in the game
    wanna compare it to the enforcer? fine
    enforcer can give 2600 dmg in 1 mag(8sec)
    gatekeeper 1600
    give the gatekeeper a 50% magazine boost
    2400 dmg

ahhh yeah its outperforming all of its counterparts
    its just not fair!!!!!! just look how op it becomes, a huge cof that is useless at anything over 100 meters++++ still less damage than the enforcer, its just soo unfair that its suddenly so op

you know what? your bias is just too much, theres no need to continue

all faction get something bad, but you think that nc is the worst, i cant help you there
    • Up x 1
  5. pnkdth

Yepp, the grass is always greener. Over the years though the NC have fallen behind on every single server, there must be something to it but yeah, I do struggle with the rather defeatist attitude we see in many threads + the over-dramatisation of the dominance of VS (TR fall like 3% behind VS in global alert wins).

I also get annoyed as hell that the most over-dramatic VS players seem to be the ones who are always cited as representing all VS players. Creates a very weird and extreme environment where you either believe NC is trash and VS is the best thing ever and vice versa.

That and I've given up on the idea there will actually be an agreement with certain players + there are some people posting here who do seem to have a rather paranoid attitude towards DGB (and Wrel in particular).
    • Up x 2
  6. LordKrelas

It is however, NC on the bad end of late, is it not?

VS has won 3 of the New ES weapon releases.
    TR & VS on the PTS are getting effective new ES weapons, and buffs to their Tanks.
    NC isn't getting a buff, and has the most ineffective weapon.

NC just got their Maxes's AI capability heavily over-nerfed recently as well.
    While the ES weapon-release for Flashes, NC got the short straw.

So, while yes every side has a crap weapon.. Recently VS has gotten the best lot of the new content.
    And NC has quite literally been seeing the most negatives in the same short period as TR & VS have received good & bad things.
    The most recent benefit to NC, has been the Promise (Cloned from VS), and some would say the Gladius.

What has been released or done recently:
    • New Carbines
    • New LMGs
    • New SMGs
    • New Flash Weapons
    • New Battle-rifles
    Of the new ES releases, NC has had the Gladius, with a tie (of sorts) in the LMG branch.
    Of recent changes;
    • NC MAX AI has lost their damage-output - No instabgib for the most part, but every severe negative remained.
    • Prowler is gaining Built-in Shielding for Lockdown Mode on PTS
    • Magrider is gaining Magburn as a Built-in, on PTS
    • TR is gaining a Laser-guided Vulcan on PTS
    • VS is gaining a charge-based Anti-armor cannon on PTS
    • NC is gaining a 3-second-delayed light-AV cannon on PTS
    Recent Bugs:
    • NC lost Sticky-Grenades for like a month.
    There is grass-is-greener, and 'complaints for the sake of it'
    Then there is losing 90% in new content.
    If TR gets the best Carbine lets say, then VS gets the best LMG, and NC the best SMG, sure.
    When VS wins the Battlerifle, first-release won the SMG, nearly wins Carbine, Wins the Flash...
    TR averaged at those Releases, lost some as well.
    NC average a near loss in every weapon, when the Canis lost the trait (without a rebuild, as it relied solely on that crap - IE, it needs buffs \ changes), NC's SMG took the cake.

Like, sure you win some, you lose some.
    What exactly is NC winning on PTS?
    What is NC winning right now? an SMG?
    That's great; We lost in 5 other fields.
    Anyone else loses 5 times in a row, they typically don't get yelled at for Not-enjoying being the bottom.

When VS gets hammered too hard, They get to say it, and not be told they deserved to suffer.
    NC MAX & Vanguard, they get nailed? NC is told they deserve to be punished.
    Heaven knows if Wrel is responsible for anything, so I pity the poor bugger, he's the scapegoat for anything.
    But NC is literally having a really bad time, equipment wise.
    NC isn't exactly topping the score board, and saying "woe is me", they're at the bottom going "Why did I just lose in another field"

Why is the Prowler getting a Buff?
    With all the Logic for VS Magrider, getting a decent QOL update , where is that for the prowler?
    Why is NC left out for anything in that PTS, past the Cannon... that does nothing well.
    As at the same time , TR & VS get decent weapons.
    NC gets to buy something, that No faction would like to have: 3 second fire-delay, with no control over it.
    Maybe they Don't hate NC, as they likely don't care that much: But NC is literally being screwed on the PTS.
  7. Savadrin

Perhaps this is all a lore setup so that the NC feel so much the underdog that they come back to the loving arms of the Republic, thus eliminating both VS dominance and the three-faction split.

The Brass is impressed.
  8. JibbaJabba

One of my favorites is this old chestnut...

VS have won blah blah percent of the alerts since the game came out!!!

The crowd descends into bloody madness arguing this around and around. It's the weapons! No, it's the players! How could it be the players if blah blah. But how could it be the weapons when TR and NC have blah blah.

And on and on it goes. Forum post after forum post. Year after year.

Then one day out slips the fact that VS is faction zero and the alert win calculation algorithm defaults to it during a tie.
    Yet no heads explode. No tiny puffs...

And the argument begins anew in the bowels of a new post titled "hello boys ya miss me"

hahaha. How can we all remain sane if we do not laugh at ourselves.
  9. Campagne

No one cares because it's obviously not a valid explanation. Not only has it never been proven or demonstrated as far as i'm aware, it cannot explain the major difference in alert victories, draws are already a valid recorded outcome of alerts, and even if it was true and accounted for a very significant proportion of alert victories the TR would just be the ones winning too many alerts instead.

How do you know what sanity is? Can you say that you are sane by looking at what is not? Who looks at you and claims themselves to be sane because of it? :p
    • Up x 1
  10. pnkdth

Wait, what?
  11. FateJH

He's not being serious, maybe.
    Hey, Jibba, it may be a bit late to make this observation, but the "bad" in your profile graphic is not pulsating like the rest of the image.
  12. Demigan

This is a gemstone of weirdness. If you had paid any attention you would have known this is wrong.

You called this weapon the first TR 600 RPM 167 gun. This honor should be going to the Jackal:

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/MG-S1_Jackal

But you keep calling it the Gladius, which is this weapon:

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/MGR-S1_Gladius

Which is incidentally the 200dmg 522 RPM SMG you are talking about. This is incidentally almost the same damage model as the NC Gauss SAW (200 dmg 500RPM).

First of all I hope you were drunk when you wrote this. The Gatkeeper deals 100 damage per rocket and has 8 in the Magazine. 8*100=...? Does that equal 1600?

RPM is 600 for an 8 shot magazine. It fires this in one burst of 8 shots right? So it unloads it's shots in 0,8 seconds. It has an (unupgraded) reload speed of 3,2 seconds, so a full cycle of firing+reload takes 4 seconds.
    The Enforcer has an RPM of 60 for the same 8 shots, so it fires it's magazine in 8 seconds. 8 seconds? That's double that of a full cycle of the Gatkeeper.
    The Gatekeeper deals 800 damage in one magazine. So at 8 seconds it has dealt 1600 damage (and is just reloaded to unleash again) while the Enforcer has dealt 2600 damage. However the Enforcer then needs 4 seconds to reload (unupgraded). Since the Gatekeeper has just finished reloading it can finish another cycle of shots, dealing 2400 damage and is about to shoot another volley as the Enforcer is about to shoot.

Now imagine that we added 50% of the magazine of the Gatekeeper. It now deals 1200 damage in 1,2 seconds, giving it a cycle of 4,4 seconds. This means that when the Enforcer has unloaded it's 8 shots and dealt 2600 damage the Gatekeeper is already at 2400 damage and is almost finished reloading (0.8 seconds to go) before it can fire again. By the time the Enforcer has reloaded the Gatekeeper has dealt 3600 damage.

Imagine the drunken OPness of your numbers. 1600 damage in the first magazine, 4,6 second cycle. By the time the Enforcer finished it's 8 second unload the Gatekeeper dealt 3200 damage and when the Enforcer finished reloading the Gatkeeper would have dealt 4800 damage. Seriously by the time the Enforcer has finished reloading the Gatkeeper has almost killed the opposing MBT while the Enforcer is just over halfway!
    Should I calculate the insaneness of adding 50% to that?

Well if you had done this thing called "math" and used proper numbers you would have come to a completely different conclusion...

You can't even be bothered to know the name of the weapon you despise for it's weakness and confuse it's name with another faction's weapon you despise for it's strengths? You can't even look up the actual stats of the Gatkeeper and ignore things like reload and RPM? And I'm biased?

You could help me by proving the NC isn't the worst. But good luck with tha1t considering all the evidence of the contrary.

I'm dissapointed that you actually liked his post. Even a cursory glance should have shown you how wrong it is. I think you've shown your true colors here.
    • Up x 1
  13. Peebuddy

While the NC max was nerfed I still believe they are the best at close quarters, along with the regular line of shotguns they also get a heavy shotgun the Jackhammer. Also the god damn GD-7F carbine, that thing's disgusting in close range! I've use it on my NC char for years, you see them everywhere in base fights, the constant blblbblblbllblblblb sounds as someone somewhere just got turned to mulch.
  14. JibbaJabba

Gif image is totally stolen (I told em at least). :p

But yea, I'm serious. I do not know if it's been fixed but for YEARs...and possibly even now, if there is a Tie, it simply goes to VS.

I want to say they got it sorted in one of the more recent patches but I don't feel like digging the notes. Someone else might.
  15. JibbaJabba

GD-7F is a shotgun, not a carbine haha.

Love that thing. It takes some serious headshots and trigger control to chain multiple enemies. But it's too much fun and I don't even bother trying to kill more than one person at a time. It's just like "clip dump - U DIE NOWZ!" ..reload in a finger snap... "clip dump - U LAYNEXT TO YOUR FRIEND" heh.
    • Up x 1
  16. Savadrin

I run the Baby Huey loadout on that thing, dot/laser/suppressor/soft point. But I really only use it when my Harasser explodes and I don't, it's great for picking off those ultra-annoying lockon heavies and INFs.
    • Up x 1
  17. pnkdth

Found some Reddit post where an NC player wondered why VS won despite alerts resulting in a draw + some threads here as well. I'm not sure this would affect trackers like PS2Alerts since they do count draws but it certainly does explain why people feel like "VS win all the time" since even with draws VS would have gotten the win. It was fixed around October 2018 but not sure when it started.