[BUG] Formal Complaint from NS Troops on Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BorgUK1of9, Jul 15, 2019.

1. BorgUK1of9

DBG a lot of us NS troops on Miller were chatting today on how we are pretty fed up with having to play VS day in and out.

We get automatically put on the weakest empire, which is always VS on Miller and always has been.

I can count on my two hands the number of times I have been on NC or TR, that happens from logging in off peak and lasting 6 hours until the cont changes.

Also facing Prowlers with nothing to counter it is not much fun. I can handle facing Magriders and Vanguards but Prowlers are OTT.

Can we have a choice of empire please, we arent here to compensate for your failure to balance the game.

If you arent going to listen then let me remind you of something, EVERY NS TROOP is a paying customer and buys your in game money, we are not the customers you want to piss off.
  2. LordKrelas

Isn't NS literally marketed as Supporting the Underpop?
    In which case, NS picking their chosen empire, they might as well log in as TR, NC, or VS just with special gear.
    • Up x 6
  3. Hegeteus

If better pop is what you want, then don't play NS. As far as alert victories are concerned, NC is statistically the worst faction you could be stuck in. And the alert reward guns are probably more appealing for the NS.
    • Up x 1
  4. BorgUK1of9

LordKrelas, cant disagree and as I hit BR75 I have tried to grin and bear it but I have a BR200 VS on Miller, I have had him since Beta and and was an Alpha Squad. I made an NS to be able to level up a toon while getting to play all 3 empires. If I am going to be stuck on VS I might as well play the one with all the nice stuff.

Hegeteus, dont want better pop, want to play all 3 empires on my NS toon. Its what it was supposedly designed for.

It aint just me, this came from chatting to other NS troops, I am probably just the one that posts on here, the others might post on Reddit and have more luck. I dont believe DBG come on here much anyway.
  5. FateJH

You seem to have fundamentally misunderstood what's going on here. Your NS faction character entirely exists for the purpose of enacting a measure of population balancing. This was made explicit. Your NS character wouldn't exist in the first place if this method of supporting the underdog faction was not entertained by the developers.

You being able to choose in situations where there would be only one qualifying underdog would just stack the deck again and defeat the purpose.
    • Up x 1
  6. Hegeteus

Well, it's a matter of player culture more than anything I suppose.

I appreciate your kind for balancing the pop, it's just that population is not the problem that ails the NC at least. Devs could try to make VS more attractive to non NS players, but what will happen if VS just gets more pop and player culture stays the same? It's a tricky situation.
  7. LordKrelas

If you could pick your side & constantly change it, NS would not only fail to do what it was designed for.
    NS would always be on the Winning side, furthering additional Population onto the Over-popped side, furthering the issue.

If you want to play all 3 Empires, as NS, to be NS that would require the pop balance to shift.
    Otherwise, it's just additional pop to bypass the controls & further tilt the issue.

As well, Look forward to having an MBT , MAX and ESF.
    If I recall, there's word that they are getting some at some point.
    Just don't expect NS to not be on the Underpop, as that is their Literal purpose in existence.
    Not wild Faction hopping to whatever side is "fun" at the moment or winning (That is what a lot would do.. )